Haikelite SC26 *** CLOSED For U.S.A. and Canadian Customers only*** Haikelite cut me off at 100 units so GB is closed.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :+1:

GUYS!!! Remember Terry said “You are all welcome to a full refund just as soon as Haikelite pays the bill for all of the service work performed on the MT09R in order to get them working safely… ”

Terry, why not keep us in the loop? We trust you and HL. I don’t see why we have to deal with 2 different parties I only see one. Whatever happened between you and HL, you need to keep that between you and HL. So if you know SC26 did not perform to spec, why you do not inform everyone that already paid? Why do you not star refund automatically if you know there is a problem with HL?

For some reason, I could think that the MT09R would perform under spec since their high powered lights always had a problem.

However, they never had any problems with their smaller 3x18650 and 26650 lights. Why do they have problems reaching the 1100 lumen spec?

Strange.

I have nothing to do with the mt09r… I bought mt09r group buy… I paid for the TA driver, led, and all that from my own pocket…

Can I still get my $32 for sc26 gb ??

There are so many confusing inconsistencies here. It seems like HL is saying Terry haven’t ever paid them for all the HL lights Terry were selling. However, according to Terry’s post two months ago, he seems to say he already spent $5,000 yet HL never stood out to call that out as a lie. It’s hard to imagine HL would be sending Terry all those flashlights without requiring Terry to deposit even a dime.

Was thinking the same thing…ironic or prophetic?

Nicely done!

I still wonder why they changed specs of the SC26 though.

Since it will be using a boost converter, it will be getting much more stable brightness over the course of its runtime.

Especially since if it uses a more expensive driver and a slightly note expensive LED.

They must be using the same circuit from the SC01 and SC02 with a different UI to simplify building.

Surprising, but welcome.

Yep, I’m looking forward receiving the green SC26 with XHP35, as I will keep supporting Haikelite. :sunglasses:

How are you getting your SC26 if Terry never paid Haikelite for this group buy?

I would rather have a XHP35 HI with SMO for a thrower because I already have a TC20 and DQG Tiny 26650 light for flood. However, I think this would be a good host for 4xE21A. Clemence is modding Tiara C1 Pros by swapping stock XP-L to 4xE21A and he already showed me some beautiful pics. I think with E21A, this will be a perfect beautiful tint HI CRI pocketable EDC with long run times. I do really like the looks and size of this.

I was never a part of this group buy, as I am not in the States or Canada. I assume eventually it will be for sale for the public, and either I’m going to get it from Banggood or maybe Haikelite directly.

Awesome!!!
I will probably buy from another dealer, since I already got my refund.

I bought and paid for a pair of SC26’s directly from Terry’s website, since I missed the group buy, back in Feb....white and the killer dark blue color... now it seems green only no white, and spec was for an XPL HI (domeless)

no mention of an XHP35, which would require a heck of a boost circuit with a single cell. The XPL is a far more straightforward choice IMHO

Otherwise, the spooky sinking feeling I’m getting about Terry’s communications is growing worse by the day. I really wanted to be a patient optimist, but there are some red flags that will not go down.

Sad situation for all involved, would really hate to see this become attrition.

how fast did you get your money back FlashKat?

PS. you have a cryogenically cool user name, meow :-)

couldnt resist, eh?

cant says I can’t blame youse :-)

Lightbringer, your wit is always spot-on hilarious, so grateful to have some pure levity to balance things out. DONT EVER CHANGE. Cheers :-)

I’m still going to buy the sc26 but not from Terry. However, as others have pointed out, how hard is it to get 1100 lumens from an xpl-hi? I wouldn’t think that required some fantastical driver.

It took me about 4 days after having to appeal stating that I never received my item that was promised in March.

[quote=FlashKat]
It took me about 4 days after having to appeal stating that I never received my item that was promised in March.

[quote=Ocelot]

So I presume you paid PayPal and filed a dispute ?

no such luck here...