sipik sk68 clone for $6.16... :-)

Yeah Boaz you got me. I knew it was too good to be true.

Actually the listing that I purchased from was a few cents more and had a large graphic on the top right of the picture that said 5-6 day shipping. The estimated delivery date on the bottom of the listing put it at 6 days delivered to my house.

For whatever reason they are still in "customs" somewhere in Chicago where they have been sitting since the 9th.

You will know I have them when you look 30 miles south on a dark evening :)

Tomtop++ It took 3 weeks for my $6.16 flashlight to arrive. I've never had a zoomable light. I don't have any 14500 to try in it, but it's pretty bright with Eneloops. Beam has rings, but overall for $6 it's a good buy! My flashlight has no branding on it.

I ordered mine from Tomtop about a week ago, I was hoping it would be here before Xmas but not expecting it.

Id be intrested in some beam shots if anyone has the time to take some.

Also waiting for my Solarforce L2 from HK and my XM-L drop in from China for 2 weeks already, I probably wont get that either even though the tracking said it left HK on the 15th. They must be on a boat or something. No Xmas lights for me.

I found some beamshots of the "real" Sipik SK68 here. Similar? I can't say. It was bought off Ebay, but branded "Sipik". Lots of beamshots throughout thread.

-Garry

i know these lights perform best on 14500s but I am getting a bunch of these for friends and family soon and would like to know how they handle Energizer E2 lithiums? Like runtime differences and brightness and such... I know they will probably be brighter than nimh but im interested in how they compare to 14500s because i will be giving a lot of these to non-flashaholics who know nothing about batteries other than the fact that E2 Lithiums are the best "gas station" battery and will probably use them.... Heck I even have a huge stockpile of them and would like to use them in the light myself!

thanks!

@shadeone

Well they are still 1.5v as opposed to 3.6v, I could only take a wild guess they would be half as bright or less on a AA.

I'd say the 14500's quadruple the output vs AA alkalines... coz visually, 14500's appear twice as bright as AA's.

The lithium E batteries starting voltage is 1.75 volts FYI

mine don’t get that bright on 14500’s

I'm guessing they are 100 lumens with a AA ...and 150 with a 14500..

I don't see them as worth running the 14500, i have other lights that really scream on 14500's.

i'd just buy them eneloops/duraloops or push them in that direction and save the lithiums for a fallout shelter /glovebox .

Perhaps Quadruple was a poor description to use on my part.

BUT...

Visually, the 14500's double the "brightness" on my sample.

A fifty lumen increase as you note would not be "that" noticeable to the eye.

Perhaps you need another sample? Tongue Out

I just received a strange Ebay email. It appears to be a legitimate Ebay email. It was as follows:

Dear xxxxxxx:

It's come to our attention that delivery of this item you purchased in November was delayed indefinitely in transit along with a number of other shipments due to circumstances beyond eBay's or the seller's control:

Mini CREE LED Flashlight 7W 300LM Torch Adjustable Focus Zoom Light Lamp

We apologize for any inconvenience and will initiate an immediate refund to your PayPal account for this item, including the cost of shipping.

We also want you to know this is a very unusual situation and that you can continue to buy from eBay sellers in confidence, wherever they're located.

As always, thank you for shopping on eBay.

eBay Customer Service Team

I didn't order in November. I ordered Dec. 7th. Tracking link on Ebay reports it at Chicago awaiting customs clearance on 12/11/2011. Guess I'll ignore it but watch PayPal for a refund. Also seems kind of funny that it didn't come from the seller "Tomtop".

-Garry

yeah I am begining to think these tomtop guys are a bunch of JO's. I just received the followng message as well

Dear secarob:

It's come to our attention that delivery of this item you purchased in November was delayed indefinitely in transit along with a number of other shipments due to circumstances beyond eBay's or the seller's control:

Mini CREE LED Flashlight 7W 300LM Torch Adjustable Focus Zoom Light Lamp

We apologize for any inconvenience and will initiate an immediate refund to your PayPal account for this item, including the cost of shipping.

We also want you to know this is a very unusual situation and that you can continue to buy from eBay sellers in confidence, wherever they're located.

As always, thank you for shopping on eBay.

eBay Customer Service Team

I should also add that the tracking number shows the item arrived in Chicago on the 9th of December. You decide.....

I ordered mine on the 14th and don't have a mail from eBay/PayPal but also dont have tracking either. I doubt its here yet but I'll check the post office today.

Going back a few posts.. I've just ordered the extension tube that comes with a free torch . Can we use it on the Sipik clones with 2 X 14500's, or only 2 X AA to avoid driver fry?

Sadly the driver wouldn't handle 8.4v so its only 1x14500..

Ah well, can't have it all.. Thx VFM.

Btw, (slightly OT here but it's a varied thread) I'd value your thoughts on the three mode "Sipik" 68s that seem to be around at the moment.

I'll be getting one. I think that says it all.

I thought one of the guys that ordered one said that they are totally mis-advertised and they don't really have three modes, etc. (I can't remember where I saw that though)

Holy s**t...Got mine today....For a $6 light, you CANNOT go wrong. NO fu**ing way in hell..

As another user posted, awesome flood and NICE throw on AAs...Great deal i'd say....Good value.

This light is sick indeed. It just humiliated a 25 times more expensive branded 'bike light' from my uncle with a so called 'powerled'