[Available again! - BLF special edition light] new Sofirn AAA twisty high CRI 5mm LED

I‘m not sure how „official“ the manual is at this point of time. ;-) Sofirn asked me again to do the translation. But I would guess specs shouldn’t change that much as soon as manuals are being translated.

/\ …. Thanks Lux-Perpetua… :beer:

Cant find here runtimes so tested my 3200K what was ordered 23. november, arrived 21. january (win with clip lotery)
Find some alkaline (GP Ultra Plus) from drawer and put it in. First impression was …, that mesured battery voltage, but it was OK (more than 1.5V)

Like I sayed, attempted to find runtimes here and there was some, but decided to find out myself. I used little bit this battery and it may layed my drawer couple of years too (and dont know how long on shop shelves before it)

Switched on saturday and after 15h it runs OK, so switched off.
On sunday switched on again and after 5-6h (20-21h full runtime) it get weaker but completely usable. After 12h (27h) it get so weak, that I can see in darkness with it but it not very usable. After 14h (29h) geep going, measured and 0.95V

My 5600K, what I ordered 11. november, get closer and closer to me :slight_smile:

I tried reading through the thread, but I’m not sure if I quite understand. Why do (so many) people want a AAA flashlight only capable of 6-8 lumens? Can someone summarize the appeal beyond what was stated in the OP?

everyone is just addicted to buying flashlights, especially one that is not mainstream. :smiling_imp:

Sadly …. that just about sums it up perfectly. :wink:

To put it simply, the E01 (the light the C01 is based on) is a light that you never have to worry about. Other lights may be brighter, but they don’t the kind of durability a potted 5mm LED based light and once their battery runs down, they’ll leave you in the dark, these lights wont.

It even lights up with batteries that other lights won’t accept. A great emergency light.

I put an alkileak in one of mine about 2 hours ago, that battery was measuring around 1V. The light is still on, putting out enough light to navigate around a dark house easily. When I pull the battery and measure it, it is recovering, but less than 0.6V. Popped the battery back in, light fires up and keeps going. A pretty decent survival light for sure.

For me that’s plenty for almost all indoor usage. Actually, too bright for middle of the night navigation. But I find it an almost ideal compromise for a single mode. And it’s silent. Great for checking on the kids with ceiling bounce.

im still wondering why I bought these.
that will do.

Could THIS be the answer??? . :money_mouth_face:

For me it’s nostalgia since my first edc was an arc AAA. The C01 is now my daughters first light, she is 5. Don’t know what it is but the aaa form factor has always appealed to me.

They could market that :party: by putting "My First Sofirntm" on the coloured ones. We need pink!!!!

I had a dream last night that someone sent me one of these, but it was powered by multiple super small NiCd batteries in series. :confounded:

25 days from order to in my greasy paws for my red and blue 3200k versions. Very nice.

All I would take issue with is this: Why such a hideous, cheap looking font?

mine was 6 weeks im sure to London.
yes, that font’s outdated mate.

NiCd? Sounds like a nightmare!

You can navigate and you can do your every night things :wink:

But I always wander, why xxxx lumens what run seconds or couple minutes or why flashlights what I can hand hold max couple of minutes.

That’s a horrible nightmare, sbslider! Did you wake up screaming?