GB Clone Offically "SOLD OUT" 10/21/18 XPL HI 1300LM Focusing AKA Cometa 2016

There are many type of plastic containers,some resist better to heat,(would try with Oven).
Don’t know wich of them are good for our use.
Best for heat is Teflon and Silicone,but are not present on common plastics resin
Here pros and cons of The common
Plast

Say Allen, none of my business really but where do you live?? And I’m not asking about your exact address, just country or even hemisphere, Europe, South Africa or Mongolia…?? Something down those lines.
Your definitely a smart fella, I’ve certainly never thought about what kind of plastic my milk is coming out of, hum, maybe I should investigate further…?

Edit: Bye the way, thank you for the link to the pro’s and cons there, that is some interesting info…!

You know guys, really the best thing to do with this clone is to gut it, put in a new driver and a Noctigon MCPCB with the LED you like and a UI that you like, fix some of the issues to your liking and then put it on the shelf or something and call it good…

This has really turned into one heck of a science project that much I can see but it worries me to, someone might get hurt here… plastic jugs are confusing, UI is confusing and this light is and I did post this in the OP can be dangerous out of the box,
I’m starting to worry fellas, this might not have been such a great idea perhaps …
Maybe I better call my lawyer and get my a back to that OP and insert a disclaimer… hum… :wink: :confounded:

I got mine today. Free shipping ended up being DHL.

9/24 order date
10/10 shipped date
10/23 receipt date

I received a single white plastic donut spacer. I put it on the driver spring side.

Light works well. For the price, i’m happy with it.

I have another light and a couple of the new OSRAM KW CSLNM1.TG inbound to try out.

Usually HDPE, especially if the nearly-opaque white type. If softer and translucent, like for bottled water (~1gal), then possibly LDPE.

More interesting info on the Plastics CODE and your health.

Summary of above:

Below is a quick summary of our suggestions for use of these plastics, particularly if using them for food and drink :

• 2, 4 and 5 are OK for limited use
  • AVOID 1, 3, 6, and 7 (polycarbonate)

I think I’m just gonna throw all mine away. The metallurgy prolly contains DU and the tube could vent radon which could bypass the LED centering ring seal and if I held it tight up against my nostrils could cause lung cancer 25 years down the road. This thing is a walking talking pipe zoomie boomie to bootski.

I better play it beyond reasonable safe here. If I decide to keep a few they’ll be in a fire-proof enclosure with a wireless alarm system direct to my local fire station coupled also to my interior home sprinklers.

Either way even if I replaced every part of the few I may keep I plan to Magiver-wrap them individually in some expiring Trojan rubbers I happen to have laying around, lubricated to add a further flammable barrier whenever in use as a prophylactic measure. I’m going to also drill vent holes in the tube regardless of the loss in caustic chemical or pent up gas containment. Better uber safe than really sorry I say.

(Pro-Tip: Check your local hazardous waste regulations should you decide to throw your’s away too.)

Btw before I forget, I hereby release T18 of any liability, damages, etc., should I disregard all possible safety protocols from here on out.

Oh I almost forgot…….As far as the confusing UI, I plan to also keep these few in only an off/on configuration, plus battery removed, tail cap in lock-out, plus most importantly the tail spring(s) removable as an added safety measure.

If there’s anything else I’ve missed here please let me know.

I joined this forum to learn about flashlights because I have been playing with them since I was a kid.
I never dreamed I would get tech school education in electronics.
You’re right T18 this is a science project-a great one.
Don’t worry about anyone getting hurt; most of us have “played” with much more dangerous stuff. :student:

By the way; tks lightbringer for answering my stupid question about flipping.

I'm comforted that it's not going to be outside because the magnifying glass may concentrate sun light to start a fire!

I’ll do you a favor & take them off your hands to ease your mind… :wink:

Send them on anytime you wish…. Preferably before you do the silly stuff you mentioned above…… :smiley: . :+1: . :wink:

Silly stuff to you maybe butt those of us who really know this is watt ya gotta doo to CYA.

Ya got room for how many?

Yes it can do that especially in super-nova conditions.

Let me prepare for that... I'll take one... For scientific research.

“I joined this forum to learn about flashlights because I have been playing with them since I was a kid.”

I did the same. Hope you’re not just playing around with yourself only. Get an experienced partner like I did to help you enjoy the wonders of flashlights.

“Let me prepare for that… I’ll take one… For scientific research.”

Well ya can’t prepare for EVERY DISASTER. Buying these IS a disaster. So now I gotta prepare to undisaster them ASAP.

Btw be careful if the magnifying lens gets too hot and then you dunk the head into something cold like a beer in a frosty mug. It’ll shatter into a million razor sharp shards potentially putting out an eye or two.

Got it. Don't flash and dunk! Oooh, but it kinda goes against how I became the broodmaster!

Is it just me, or does that sound… dirty? :confounded:

I don’t know where YOUR mind wanders but mine focuses purely on safe fun.

Ok, LoL! So back to the OP...

I counted 7 modes on mine and found the flashies and batt. check too. I got into config mode and messed it up a bit but then successfully reset it. I'm happy with the 7, just with memory turned on.

I haven’t laughed this hard in a longtime, you guys are natural born comedians for sure, SB can lock this thread now… ha ha ha ha ha Just to darn funny.
I’m not sure why I’m not getting post notifications but glad I logged in to check, this has been the most hysterical run of posts I’ve ever read, made my day, Thanks…!!
Carry on …

I got room for as many as ya’ send…… :wink: . :+1: