GB Clone Offically "SOLD OUT" 10/21/18 XPL HI 1300LM Focusing AKA Cometa 2016

I joined this forum to learn about flashlights because I have been playing with them since I was a kid.
I never dreamed I would get tech school education in electronics.
You’re right T18 this is a science project-a great one.
Don’t worry about anyone getting hurt; most of us have “played” with much more dangerous stuff. :student:

By the way; tks lightbringer for answering my stupid question about flipping.

I'm comforted that it's not going to be outside because the magnifying glass may concentrate sun light to start a fire!

I’ll do you a favor & take them off your hands to ease your mind… :wink:

Send them on anytime you wish…. Preferably before you do the silly stuff you mentioned above…… :smiley: . :+1: . :wink:

Silly stuff to you maybe butt those of us who really know this is watt ya gotta doo to CYA.

Ya got room for how many?

Yes it can do that especially in super-nova conditions.

Let me prepare for that... I'll take one... For scientific research.

“I joined this forum to learn about flashlights because I have been playing with them since I was a kid.”

I did the same. Hope you’re not just playing around with yourself only. Get an experienced partner like I did to help you enjoy the wonders of flashlights.

“Let me prepare for that… I’ll take one… For scientific research.”

Well ya can’t prepare for EVERY DISASTER. Buying these IS a disaster. So now I gotta prepare to undisaster them ASAP.

Btw be careful if the magnifying lens gets too hot and then you dunk the head into something cold like a beer in a frosty mug. It’ll shatter into a million razor sharp shards potentially putting out an eye or two.

Got it. Don't flash and dunk! Oooh, but it kinda goes against how I became the broodmaster!

Is it just me, or does that sound… dirty? :confounded:

I don’t know where YOUR mind wanders but mine focuses purely on safe fun.

Ok, LoL! So back to the OP...

I counted 7 modes on mine and found the flashies and batt. check too. I got into config mode and messed it up a bit but then successfully reset it. I'm happy with the 7, just with memory turned on.

I haven’t laughed this hard in a longtime, you guys are natural born comedians for sure, SB can lock this thread now… ha ha ha ha ha Just to darn funny.
I’m not sure why I’m not getting post notifications but glad I logged in to check, this has been the most hysterical run of posts I’ve ever read, made my day, Thanks…!!
Carry on …

I got room for as many as ya’ send…… :wink: . :+1:

What you don’t know can’t hurt you. Until it does.

What specifically are you referring to eas??

That statement applies to anything.

I have one; just waiting for my new light to get here so I can mod it to her specs. :face_with_monocle:

Indeed, but specifically, I was thinking about the sarcasm around risk awareness and mitigation earlier in this thread.

FWIW, one item missing from the plastics chart is Polypropylene, which is commonly used in microwaveable food packaging and food storage containers, larger transparent (but slightly milky) storage bins and amber prescription drug vials.

I’ve played with reusing a bunch of different plastics. HDPE and PP both remelt pretty well. Not sure how I’d use either to make bushings for this light though. Still waiting for mine to make it to the USPS.

Got my CSLNM1.TG from L4P in the mail today. :+1: :+1: :+1:
I went the lazy route and ordered them already reflowed.

Here’s the issue: the original copper star is 1.6mm thick, about 0.2mm thicker than L4P’s. Now the retaining disc bottoms out on one of its lips, either against the pill or the body. (There’s not much difference between them.) Nothing puts pressure on the MCPCB.

Quick fix: Put a 0.2-0.3mm spacer between the disc and the MCPCB. But now the inner edge of the disc gets hit by spill, leading to an ugly beam.
This would also happen if you have cut threads to screw the MCPCB down.

Proper fixes:

- a sheet of copper (0.2-0.3mm) between star and pill (or alu, or graphite)

- a thicker MCPCB

• cutting down some of the surfaces (either pill + body or both shoulders of the retaining disc) so the disc can screw in deeper

I think even stock it was on the loose side and the innermost ring of the disc didn’t go down all the way, and pressure was mostly on the wires.