TK's Emisar D4V2 review

If it were in series with the battery (but it sounds like it isn’t), and the diode drop were only 0.4 volts, the applied voltage would “appear” to be 3.8 when actually 4.2. That’s why I was wondering about the actual connection.

But from your earlier reply, it sounds like it is only between the battery and the driver, and the FET is direct-connected to the battery.

What are the best 18350s to use with the D4?

Keeppower IMR 18350 1200mAh - 10A

What is the best place to buy a couple of these 18350s?

I bought two stainless steel bezels and they match two of four of my D4 (v1), black and gray. Unfortunately, they don’t match white. That’s a pity becouse I wanted to have white w this bezel.
I also ordered raised rings for buttons. I have already changed one successfully. I also changed the switch itself to this new, harder one.

• Gray tailcap with a magnet and 18350 tube.

How did you order the raised Ring? I didn’t see a listing, do you need to email hank? Was it hard to swap?

Just send PM to Hank.
I removed the bezel according to Firelight2’s advice
Installing is easy. I don’t have any special equipment, so I improvised. I used a nut and a hammer. That’s all. Then I heated with a hotair to see if it would fall off, but it sits very tight.

Once in a different flashlight I also had to press a similar ring, but then I did it in a vice.

I apologize if it has already been covered, but does anyone know if Mountain Electronics is selling D4v2s that have the muggle bug corrected? I emailed but haven’t heard anything back.

mbp, I’ve read every comment in this thread and the only thing I recall on this topic was someone getting one from mountain with the bug. I didn’t notice any later comments saying that they had the updated version. So I’d hold off ordering until you get a reply to your email.

can some one please post the amperage on the battery for each level in steped mode?

Not really possible. All but the first mode or two will rely on FET so it will change depending on battery charge and resistance

well what kind of runtime do ya all think id get on a sanyo ga 3500 in step mode level 5?

Note the caveats mentioned by contactr, current will vary depending on the battery charge and resistance…

however, I tried measuring the tailcap current on mine (D4v2 with SST20), with the default stepped ramp mode (7 steps)
(the lower current measurements are likely not accurate with my meter)
(this is with a fully charged LG MJ1 3500mAh battery)
step 1: 0.01A (not accurate measurement)
2: 0.04A
3: 0.13A
4: 0.32A (this seems to be regulated 7135x1 mode, NoPWM, also the same current as when first inserting battery)
5: 0.80A
6: 2.1A
7: 4.3A

Quick question, what is the point of sunset mode?

Sleep timer.

Should an orange filter be applied for best effect?

Yes with a lavender fart mister

which leds on this light give the most throw i dont care about tint long as it aint super green

SST-20 5000k.

Although, since red color rendering is even worse than the XP-L HI, its tint is going to suffer.