TK's Emisar D4V2 review

Just send PM to Hank.
I removed the bezel according to Firelight2’s advice
Installing is easy. I don’t have any special equipment, so I improvised. I used a nut and a hammer. That’s all. Then I heated with a hotair to see if it would fall off, but it sits very tight.

Once in a different flashlight I also had to press a similar ring, but then I did it in a vice.

I apologize if it has already been covered, but does anyone know if Mountain Electronics is selling D4v2s that have the muggle bug corrected? I emailed but haven’t heard anything back.

mbp, I’ve read every comment in this thread and the only thing I recall on this topic was someone getting one from mountain with the bug. I didn’t notice any later comments saying that they had the updated version. So I’d hold off ordering until you get a reply to your email.

can some one please post the amperage on the battery for each level in steped mode?

Not really possible. All but the first mode or two will rely on FET so it will change depending on battery charge and resistance

well what kind of runtime do ya all think id get on a sanyo ga 3500 in step mode level 5?

Note the caveats mentioned by contactr, current will vary depending on the battery charge and resistance…

however, I tried measuring the tailcap current on mine (D4v2 with SST20), with the default stepped ramp mode (7 steps)
(the lower current measurements are likely not accurate with my meter)
(this is with a fully charged LG MJ1 3500mAh battery)
step 1: 0.01A (not accurate measurement)
2: 0.04A
3: 0.13A
4: 0.32A (this seems to be regulated 7135x1 mode, NoPWM, also the same current as when first inserting battery)
5: 0.80A
6: 2.1A
7: 4.3A

Quick question, what is the point of sunset mode?

Sleep timer.

Should an orange filter be applied for best effect?

Yes with a lavender fart mister

which leds on this light give the most throw i dont care about tint long as it aint super green

SST-20 5000k.

Although, since red color rendering is even worse than the XP-L HI, its tint is going to suffer.

would it be beter then my sst 6500 i mean throw more?

Lol C, I was actually being serious… sorta. In my mind I was visualizing a timing matched gradiated filter disc causing the light tint to match the degrading sunset to red, but oh well…

Never actually used sunset in any of my Anduril hosts… Candlelight I use all the time, usually in multiple lights simultaneously. :wink:

@monkeyman, since you already have the SST-20 6500k, you won’t be getting any more throw from it.

If you really wanted more throw, you could get the White 1 650kk variant of this Emisar D4V2 from Vinh:
https://skylumen.com/products/d4vn-v2-smallest-18650-quad-r?\_pos=4&\_sid=2f625a2e6&\_ss=r

If that’s too expensive for you, then swapping the stock optic to this optic will give you a bit more throw:

place a cheddar cheese pringle on top of your D4V2, a great colour filter and diffusor

1 Thank

Are you kidding? I have a boy, you actually think a Cheddar Cheese Pringle would survive around here?

Place it on top of Ham’r and you get to smell cheese for a week

Yes. I asked him about that, and he stated that he re-flashes the UI himself.