The making of the BLF UC4 charger: the start of a new venture, INTEREST LIST, UPDATE 7 (Well, ramping stopped :/ )

I’m in of course.

Robert

Can i add my name to the list for 2?

Put me in for 2 please….

^ +1

BlueSwordM

Could you just use one post for making list?
Or only post new entries?

This makes it PITA to read on mobile phone :frowning:

Ok then.

Only @rost333 will maintain the list via a spreadsheet.

So the features seem to be pretty much lined up, have you put any thought into the algorithms? For lithium chemistries CC-CV is common, but there’s plenty more used for NiMH. At what voltage will the phase change? When will it cut off? What fail-safes will be implemented? What information will be displayed during and after charging?

Should all be part of the UI discussion imo. And will all of the above be fixed or configurable?

I’ll be finished with the base UI this Wednesday, so starting about the charging algorithms for NiMH would be a good choice.

Since I do not have as much experience with testing NiMH/NiZn cells as with lithium-ion cells, we’ll have to be rather careful with the charging parameters.

1. If the voltage goes above 1,75V without the the cell’s internal vdroop for dv/dt charging, cut off charging completely.

2. If temperature goes above 45C for NiMH charging, throttle charge current.

There are other things to take into account, but these are two important ones.

Very interested. Please add me to the list for two of them.

Interested in one UK plug charger.

Thank You.

Interested!

Interested x1

I’m interested in 1.

Interested

I’m in for 1.

Is it possible to design it to use an alternate power supply through the USB port? In case of extended power outage I’d like to have the ability to power mine through the USB port with a solar panel even if it only allows a lower charging rate.

Yes, but it would probably be limited to 5V900mA.

Interesado en 1

Interested

Interested