[♛ FreemeGB-AUG] Yootoo SD1 960lm/ SD2 1000lm (21700)/ SD3 2000lm/ AMUTORCH X10 2500lm Flashlights - ALIVE - frm $9.50

I’ve had banggood send me a cancellation noticed and literally follow it up with a item shipped notification the next day. A few times they have sent me cancellation notices, usually with the option to wait until the item is in stock or cancel and get a refund. I usually just ignore the cancellation notice and my item ships within the next few days. I have no idea why they do that.

They did that twice to one of the orders when I contacted them. Then today they cancelled all 3, which I didn’t ask for. No option for refund or anything. Funny business

The only time I’ve heard of them cancelling is when they are out of stock with no foreseeable in stock date. Did your money get refunded? If not, I wouldn’t be surprised if your item ships in the next few days.

Hi siletto, thanks for the pics. You put a US18650VTC6 in it, so my guess is we’re watching a model SD1. Your next post mentions it having a FET driver but isn’t 2.3A a bit low for what’s essentially an on-off switch? Unless the led itself is the limiting factor in the circuit, of course.

Just got off of chat with BG. The SD2 isn't going to be available for any foreseeable time in the future... yeah, yeah, I see what it says on the web page. I told them to remove that lie. If any, they must have received 25 5 units from the manufacturer.

I am not exactly a professional in this topic (Well, yes I should be, but I lack further experience :smiley: ), but I do not think that a FET must always work as an on-off switch.
Even the highest mode could be PWM controlled. Usually direct drive(ON-OFF) is called Turbo mode in these flashlights.
I tested it with 35E Samsung cells, ans also Liitokala 18650B copies, and in both cases the Current was the same.
My photos are quite crappy (sorry about that), but you can see that there are two low value resistors in parralel, and they must be the sensing elements for current regulation.

I hope somebody could also examine this driver, with a better photo-apparat, and confirm this theory. The FET is in the negative side, between the LED and the Battery-, and the Sense resistors connect the Driver spring and LED+. If these resistors are not for sensing, I do not see why they even exist.

Just got out of chat with BG, they tell me that they will be shipping my SD2 5000k shortly… Do I think so… no. But they have not canceled or refunded it yet either.

Same situation here for a 4000K and they're telling me 11/24. Even the 6500K are out.

My 5000K SD2 is reported shipped today

Me too, Lord only knows what we actually will receive.
They told me that 6500k’s were ready and willing to be shipped a few days ago, not gonna be happy camper if that is what shows up.

Fingers crossed.

Mine suddenly shipped after an online chat with them on Sunday. I asked to change the 5000k to 4000k, but they said it was ready to ship. I hope like hell it is not 6500k, will have to change that day one if it is.

My 5000k shipped too!

Luckily I wasn’t able to cancel the order for it, so I’ll have a 4000k coming soon as well.

BG had a system upgrade which lasted for at least 4 days which indirectly impacted the fulfillment process flow.

Received my SD1 yesterday. Design is nice, quality is ok, threads are good. Driver, head and bezel are glued. Quite thin copper DTP-MCPCB sits on anodized aluminum. Mine also came with a blemish on the reflector, which does not show up in the beam, same as siletto’s unit. The combination of SST-20 and a smooth reflector makes this a quite throwy light for its size. I can confirm siletto’s current measurements. It was tempting to make this a real pocket thrower with a white flat and little current bump. However, the light as it is, was already too throwy for my liking to be used as my edc. For now, I left the driver as it is, put a Nichia 219B-V1 SW45 in it and added dc-fix to the lens. I also filed down the eyelet of the steel ring, I had no use for it and found it to be rather annoying.

Edit: After a few days of usage I really like the form factor of this light. I need to change the driver sooner ot later, really loooooong switching delays and I don’t like mode memory. I would also like to exchange the rubber boot for a red or black one but couldn’t get this tail switch retaining ring to turn for only a little bit. Have to get myself some good snap-ring pliers.

I want a SD3 !!
Anyone have that one yet?

Was shipped ages ago but have not seen it yet :frowning:

An hour ago my doorbell rang. And there was this lovely lady from PostNL with my SD2.
Ordered october 18th. So it took 41 days to get into my hands.
Came in a simple plastic bag without any padding but not even a small dent in the cardboard box.
In it the light, a set of O-rings, and a decent lanyard. No manual, just a little card with Chinese text.
And quite a bit of padding :wink:

Since this is a 21700 light, it has a better grip than the more straightforward tube of the 18650 SD1.
On opening the light you notice it has a simple build, but is not shabby assembled.
The springs on both ends are certainly not top notch. And the infamous ugly green button.
The driver is fixed with a kind of a expanding washer. The tailboard has a normal retaining ring.
I assume it’s glued, for I can’t open it (yet). Not even using the two SS nails method.

It has a defined hotspot withoud apparent discoloring. The surrounding is a bit ringy, but not disturbing.

I had some mixed thoughts about the max current it pulls. A bit anxious what my structurally (too?) low reading clamp meter would show. Turned out to be 2.51A with a fresh loaded 48G.

Later this afternoon I’ll have another crack at that retaining ring.

I ordered the SD2 5000k on 11/3.
But the BG system automatically cancelled the SD2 5000k order and refunded me on 11/19.
How come mine was automatically cancelled (didn’t even ask me, I just received an email notification that it was cancelled and will be refunded)…

No idea, they usually ask for cancellation and if you ignore that eventually it is shipped. Which is already bad enough common practice by BG, as they sell without having stock.

@Henk

In my SD1 the tail retaining ring loosened clockwise.

It has a black button now.