Sofirn C01R deep red [sold out, discontinued]

I just talked to Barry and he said that mass production of C01R SST20-DR starts this week, so sales should commence by the end of the week. I presume it will be sold on sofirnlight.com first (which was reported to provide very fast shipping to many locations).

I think I know what Alen is talking about.
Compare Thrunite Ti3 v2 , with Sofirn C01 , The twist mechanism on Ti3 feels much better, especially in the dark, when your senses are more acute.
I know it is not a fair comparison. I could be comparing night and day.

I don't have ThruNite's Ti3 v2 for comparison but if someone could eloborate in detail what exactly needs to be improved I can try to discuss these things with Sofirn. So far, Alen was talking about threads being more square and robust on the Ti3 v2. On the other hand, I did not see a lot of complaints that would justify changing threads in Sofirn's C01S/C01R host design.

It’s all preference. In my opinion the threads on the Ti3 are way too stiff and gritty.

Sofirn C01S threads are middle of the road, nothing wrong with them but not noticeably great or bad. You can operate it with one hand since it’s smooth and the head is very high on the body.

Jetbeam Jet-U has some really good AAA threads. Lumintop EDC01 as well. I have a very old Olight that is smooth but it may be broken in and almost too loose now.

I think what these have in common is actually superior satin anodizing that is very fine in texture and appropriate O ring sizing. For aluminum lights I suspect the machining/thread choice is “good enough” for most brands and the previous two are the limiting factor.

people often talk about the feel and quality of threads, that imo is actually a reaction to the feel of the O ring

try this at home, remove O ring, discover how loose the threads really are…

learn that the feel of operating a twisty is determined primarily by the O ring, not the threads.

I see nothing wrong with the threads on the C01… to me they work fine. So does the O ring…

The second run of the C01R (with SST-20 DR) can now be preordered from Sofirn's website (Link). It says that shipping will commence in the last week of Oktober, so in about one week.

Any idea if/when they’ll become available on their Aliexpress store? Perhaps also at the end of oktober?

Thanks. Ordered SP10R next

I don’t think there is any need to change anything it’s just a different feel. Just a matter of preference.

Price is the same as for non BLF discount...

Or OP will be updated?

yes interested and thank you

Same lens as previous stock or beaded lens?

thank you very much Noir :beer:

Thank you guys. OP is updated. Barry told me that production costs and shipping costs have significantly increased and Sofirn tried hard to calculate the very best price for us. IMHO, $ 9.99 + shipping is a very reasonable price for C01R. Chances are very good we get to see C01R (batch #2) available on Amazon later on, too.

Same lens as far as I was told. It seems it is very difficult for them to source microlensed or frosted TIR lenses in large amounts. You could try to get yourself some alternative lenses from AliExpress and swap the original one for the alternative one(s).

well I will do by me.
Also lower and others modes are same?

My Amazon order arrived today. The Sofirn order was “undeliverable” by USPS, so I am out a few dollars but so it goes. Guess Sofirn puts a electronics dangerous warning on the package or something, but Amazon does not. After all, there is no battery inside.
The instructions say it is Cree XPE2. Hope to play with it after sunset tonight, but so far all is good. The threads are smooth and the light looks good. Glad I stuck with it and kept trying.

You bought a C01R from Amazon? The red emitter? I have ordered one direct from Sofirn, am awaiting.

congrats, I got a C01R w XP-E2 660nm Red from Amazon too, they are from the first batch

I love the 3 modes, excellent spacing
on my meter they measure 0.3, 8, 48 lumens on AAA Eneloop.

I ordered one of those C01R w SST-20 660nm Red too, it has not shipped yet. Those are the second batch with SST-20, not XP-E2 of first batch

Helios and I got first batch that were on Amazon recently. I thought they were sold out long ago, but a couple resurfaced and got bought up right away. No more… wait for second batch.

Yes, ordered 10-16 from Amazon and arrived today. So we paid more than you did for the light and might have received it quicker.

Ordered and paid C01R with others products.
And now is sold out and description say that there is delay
Because factory had made wrong driver
What happen now for who have already ordered?