It was only a matter of time , not a Jeff hanko

€ 47,80 | A160 Outdoor waterproof strong light tube CREE XPL lamp beads HI LED lighting 18650 fishing flashlight super bright EDC

What do you guys think to these
They don’t look great !!!

Freeme had a groupbuy for these Hanko clones last year, which he cancelled due to pressure of Hanko fans, which were pissed of.
I still believe Hanko’s are overrated
If the clones were cheaper i’d buy one. (This is budgetlightforum for Gods sake) They do have aux light i believe.

I believe the same as you pal

The hankos cost so much for what they are, 1000euro of metal and 50euros of electronics

For me it doesn’t make sense

Can I put 219b in it without harm for the leds?
What is maximum led current?

What have you got to lose?
Just do it

Woah

4 of 6 my top notch 219b’s :slight_smile:

Nice looking clones!

If there was a stainless version , it would be quite funky

You are paying for workmanship the Hankos are hand made i think not done on a CnC.

When saying this doesn’t mean id buy one but i can understand why they cost that much after sanding my BLF project for 6 hours by hand lol.

Here in Australia that would be like $600 worth of labour lol.

Just got mine a few days ago, along with the Barrel “Clone” (I say that because barrels are 18350, not the 14500/16340s the clones are). Both use the same driver which is… odd, It’s like someone described the perfect flashlight driver to someone who has never used a light before. It also kinda feels like someone wanted a mechanical clicky to work as close as possible to a e-switch. The Aux LEDs are actually a mode you select (6 quick clicks, 3 levels available). The machining is absolutely top notch, easily meeting/exceeding the levels of all of the consumer brands I’ve got (Sunwayman, Nitecore, Jetbeam, Acebeam, Thrunite, Olight, etc…). The Hanko clone has the nicest threads I’ve ever experienced on anodized aluminium. The brass “Barrel” feels amazing as well, but brass threads are pretty much always butter smooth.

Review + beam shots man

Thanks for the input and info :slight_smile:

Btw that clip looks brilliant !

I like Budget but these “Hanko’s” and “Barel’s” are shit. Freaking pitiful.

I will probably do a review soon enough. As far as beamshots though, it’s the same Carclo triple/quads we’ve had for years, there’s nothing new here at all. The Hanko clone has 4 x XPL-Hi at about 5000k, the “Barrel” has XP-G3s (I think, haven’t gotten the head apart yet) at around 6000k. Fit and finish is phenomenal on both, and the LED MCPCBs visible through the optic look fantastic (copper core, silkscreened with locations of every main/aux LED, screwed down). The clips are shaped really well as well, though the “barrel” clip has obvious machining marks on it. The assemble of the tailswitch is also kinda odd, as the tails don’t come apart. I’m not sure how the originals are done though, as they don’t look to to have tailcaps either.

The only issues i’ve noticed on either light is a bit of QC on the glass of the Hanko clone, the AR coating when applied seemed to have formed a bubble. Hard to notice unless you catch the light juuust right. Also, the Hanko clip was obviously punched from petal at one point, and the polishing job didn’t quite take away the tooling marks on one of the edges. The clip on the “Barrel” is also marred, but that’s due to the ugly skull bauble that was screwed to it from the factory. That light was fairly well protected and shipped in a fitted bamboo case. The Hanko came to me wrapped in bubble wrap, but customs also opened that box, so….

I’m really quite curious about these lights, they are far too nice to be simple clones. Anyone with the ability to make something this nice could have easily made an original design, and it’s not like they are trying to pass these off as barrels/Hankos (There is branding on the “Hanko”, though it’s quite subtle). I wonder if it’s a case of someone getting their hands on tooling that was once used by someone else… Though I suppose all you’d really need are the CNC instruction set nowadays, as the “tooling” is pretty much irrelevant.

I’m liking the Worm/Prometheus AAA clones on that page… :slight_smile:

I have the hanko also, and I love it! Now I have to get the barrel but don’t know which one the 16340? Or 14500? Maybe both.

It looks like 14500 is the same width. Might as well get shorter, then. But the holes on the 16340 look smaller and therefore a little funny. I don’t think I’d like the way they scaled it down so I got three shankos, a black and two greens.

That’s a great looking clip imo.

Those are for sale, too. Stainless Steel Flashlight Back Clip Skull Lion Buckle EDC Tools