Nichia 519A

I use the 17mm linear :slight_smile:

Damn it.

I want a light with a high efficiency buck driver and a low VF LED like the 519A.

I donā€™t know if any of Convoyā€™s lights have that except for their red stuff.

Thanks, thefreeman! sm505 R70 is a bit green but not that green like in the pic, and the spill is a bit purple-ish.

My phone cam canā€™t take exact tint like I really saw and I donā€™t have the proper tool to check the outputs.

Please also note that the sm273 is a tiny little bit lighter and sm573 isnā€™t that blue-ish referred to what I saw :slight_smile:

Hmmmā€¦ sm28.53 R9080 (?) :smiley:

You could try the 22mm 8A buck driver and playing a little bit with the sense resistor for a single cell flashlight.

Yeah! Or two of each emitter in a quad. No ramping or switchingā€¦ā€¦all 4 at the same time.

@Peyox, I guess.

Heck, I could probably ask Simon to limit it to 3A before I buy it if the driver itself isnā€™t prebuilt :stuck_out_tongue:

nice photo, thanks for taking the time

what are some of your impressions of the CCT choices?
Which one do you EDC?

Nice collection of 519As PeyoX!

Do you notice a difference between these two?

#5. sm453 (R9080)
#6. sm455 (R9080)

Thanks, jon_slider! For now most of them are safe for me, at least. I havenā€™t compared them yet with another LEDs in a same setup as well.

The one that I already EDCed at the moment only the dedomed sm573 in an E2A.

Yes, the sm455 is a bit warmer in low mode. I guess this is because of the different color consistency (?)

congrats on your options

if possible, would love to see a side by side photo of a 573 with and without dome

LEDs are not identical, their Tint and CCT varies about 10%, from one LED to the next.

here is an example of variation, with very large differences, between 219b 4500k LEDs I own:

Nice PeyoX. Good you did it with a non ar lens.

Is the sm403 greenish in person or do I see it wrong?

Does it look similar to the GT-FC40?
Yes according to AE review

Hey where did you buy the bare emitters?
Update: I found them but they are out of stock. https://www.eurekatronix.com/product-page/nichia-519a Does anyone know when he will get more?

His next Nichia order should ship March 28, since shipping fees from Indonesia are expensive there is a group shipping per region (US, CA, EU), you can send an email (contact on Eurekatronix front page) to join.

Will do thanks.

Very nice overview PeyoX. Thank you for sharing them. Storing a copy locally if you donā€™t mind :wink:

Wish there were some easier ways to get these. The group buy is good, but also a pita compared to just pressing the buy button in some AE store. Maybe this will improve in the future though. The 519a is still relatively new to the flashlight scene and proving popular. So Iā€™m hoping more CCTs pop up in more places this year.

I know this is like, month+ old ancient history, but you put 13A into the poor thing?
Anyway definitely a modern LED. Super low Vf and power hungry, reminds me of osram W2 curve, but for cri instead of throw. Will be dangerous if it gets in the same room as a FET

What about 12V boost driver? Asking because Iā€™m learningā€¦