Skyray King (3xXML, 4x18650 Fatty)

Perfect thanks! I was hoping for a slightly warmer tint to prevent my eyes from being strained when I am using it in the snowy winter, but it is definitely a nicer tint than some of my other cw lights.

Thanks for your help!

FWIW, I got a cool also and no Skyray markings at all.

Guys, is there any way you can compare your NW KING to the photos I posted of my CW KING? Ric charges an extra $10.00 for what you both purchased. I'd be really pissed if you paid for NW and they slipped in a CW. How does your NW tint compare to my DRY NW tint?

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/6727?page=3#comment-142958

I'll try to snap a beam shot of 3 of my lights: my Zebralight SC600w (neutral), my KING (neutral) and one of my CW lights side by side for comparison.

I'd be pretty upset if I got a CW model and paid 10 extra dollars for it too. That is what I am concerned about.

Ok, I took some beam shots.

On the left is my neutral white ZL SC600w, in the middle is the King in neutral, and on the right is my CW manafont drop-in in a L2X host.

Mine is on the cooler side of neutral, best guess around 4500-4700K

The warm tints I've received from Ric have all been VERY warm, almost incan-like.

I suppose mine is neutral then. I was just hoping for more neutral than it actually is. Thats ok, its still a beautiful light!

Mizjif, great photo comparison you posted. Looking at them, to my eye the ZL SC600w is warm white (WW) and the KING looks neutral for sure. Clearly the Manafont is a very cool white tint at about 6500K-7000k+

I'd say your in good shape.

The Zebralight SC600W is not a Neutral White, it is a Warm White light; Zebra says it's 4200K. I've compared it to many other NW's I have and the SC600W is much more on the warm/yellow side.

There is a BIG tint difference for example on the Scorpion NW & a EagleTac NW compared to the SC600w, in all cases the sc600w is much more warmer/yellow than other real NW's, and I also have the CW versions of those lights too; so a comparision is very easy. In the Sparks SL6 line, I have all 3 CW, NW & WW and the WW matches exactly to the tint of the sc600w.............me thinks ZL is full of it, it's not a NW at all.

My KINGS are still in transit, I ordered both CW & NW so I will be able to easily compare them.

Really hey? That's good to know. The only reason I compared was because the ZL is the same tint or really close to my spark headlamp which is apparently neutral as well.

Thanks for your help everyone!

Suppose you got the king NW version from CNQ.So far,it the only webshop that i know of that has the NW version.CNQ use T6 3C led for their NW.Stated so in the spec for their skyray king as well.T6 3C is 5000K in colour tempetature and anything over 5000K is considered cool white.So its a very fine line.I was also in doubt when i got my DRY NW at first.

I was about to order a NW King from CNQ, but the link seems to be not working.

http://www.cnqualitygoods.com/goods.php?id=1460

They seem to do a lot of updating on their website to keep all the newest items up at the top of the main page. It works now.

Awesome, I was thinking "That would be right, just when im about to order one." :)

Thanks

Sweet NW version ordered along with a holster for it, I thought about getting the Ultrafire T70 at the last second instead but decided not to.

So please do advise me, folks... would most of you choose the Skyray over a Trustfire TR-J12? The Skyray is slightly less bright than the TR-J12, correct? I would love to tailstand with the Sky, but in my hot state of Arizona, I might be better served with the TR-J12? More opinions needed, please.

Thanks gents.

BTW, this will be my first real thrower.

Hello Bizill.

Welcome to BLF!

Thanks, brother. Now go to bed. It's 2:32 am here, so I guess it's only 1:32 there. Carry on and see ya in the morn...

Welcome Bizill

TR-J12 is not a thrower , but It's wall of light.

Pros
DRY = super bright
King = compact , nice design
TR-J12 = regulate driver , good heat transfer ,varity battery
Ultrafire T70 = ?

cons
DRY = not regulate
King = no medium mode (for long time usage that It will be perfect)
TR-J12 = long
Ultrafire T70 =?

I use to test Skyray King, But I have DRY and TR-J12.

If I choose only one in real usage, I will get TR-J12 with 2 or 3 26650s.

This Skyray King came out about 5 months after the Nitecore TM11. I'm liking the preliminary information about the TM15 (probably better thrower than TM11), so hopefully there'll be a Skyray King 2 by late this year.