8) LEDs, light output
9) User experience and beamshots
10) Conclusions
11) Aspects positive
12) Negative aspects
13) Neutral aspects
14) Final grade

1) Disclaimer

If my English is good, you can congratulate me. If my english is bad, you can blame google translate ;)

More and more often I find myself using flashlights during my excursions or in daily life, therefore I define myself as a user who has also become passionate over time.
In addition to indicating objective data and measurements, I will always try to be very clear in highlighting strengths and weaknesses, in explaining the impressions during use and what I would like to see or obtain.
All photos, info, measurements, unless otherwise indicated, are my own flour.
I do all this because I enjoy it, mine is a hobby and a pleasure, in life I do anything else, so I apologize in advance to the professionals of the sector, to the enthusiasts and to the simple users for the mistakes that surely are and will be present in mine pages.
If you notice errors, typos or have other reports to make, please let us know, I will be happy to update my pages with your reports.

2) Premise

The flashlight was sent to me from Flashlightgo store for review.
Flashlightgo is a new multi-brand shop that exclusively sells torches and lanterns, offers 3 shipping methods and free shipping on orders over $100.

3) Introduction

Nextorch is a brand that offers solutions for various sectors, ranging from the outdoors to hunting, from the armed forces to the healthcare sector.
The P10 is a multi-emitter angular flashlight, dedicated to law enforcement agencies or more generally to those who work in the surveillance and/or security sector.
At first sight it might seem like a simple head torch for the outdoors, but that's not the case: the brand has head torches for the outdoors in its catalogue, while the P10 has been created for a very different use, although nothing prevents you from using it in outdoor or as EDC, in analyzing it I will keep in mind the purpose for which it was created.

4) Packaging:

The flashlight comes in a white and green single-ply hardcover, typical of the brand.
On the outside we find clear and exhaustive graphics with all the specifications, except for the type of LED installed, the CCT and the CRI.
Inside a transparent plastic blister that houses:

-torch
- instruction manual (English, German, French, Spanish, Japanese)
-2 spare o-rings
-battery

5) Materials, assembly, processing, finishes, anodizing:

The flashlight is made of aluminum with a matte black anodization.
Aesthetically, I find this treatment very appealing, the color is full-bodied and uniform, it avoids any type of reflection and provides excellent feedback to the touch. The full black style, with all the details in black and the off-white/beige lettering, is perfectly suited to the purpose of using this torch.
The metal working is impeccable, the finishes are treated in detail, the lettering is precise, has no smudges and is symmetrical in relation to the shapes of the torch.
Exemplary assembly, perfectly centered LED and absence of impurities under the lens or on the reflector.
To embellish the whole there is the brand logo printed on the mechanical switch on the top and on the steel metal clip.

In the photos you can see several dents and scratches, which were caused by me during the field test.
Upon unboxing the flashlight was in impeccable condition.

Bezel:

The bezel is made of aluminum and is mounted almost flush with the head, protruding by less than 1mm.
The finish is torch-matched and looks very "special forces."

Lens:

tempered mineral glass without AR coated.

Reflector:

aluminum with orange peel finish.

Head:

It has six faces:
-Upper: flat, there is the mechanical switch for the white light LED, surrounded by a connecting and closing ring.
-Front: beveled, there is the bezel, the lens, the reflector, the LED and the serigraphy with the serial number.
-Right side: flat, there is an electronic switch for turning the red and blue LEDs on and off.
-Left side: flat, there is a serigraphy about the danger of burning and two longitudinal grooves of different lengths.
-Rear: convex, there are quite deep cooling fins and below them the screen printing with the brand and the model of the torch.
-Lower: there is no real lower face, because the head is one with the body and with the clip that seems to be glued.
Inside, on the positive pole there is a spring which allows for better heat dissipation and better absorption of kinetic energy during any falls.

Clip:

In lightened steel, it features the brand symbol in bas-relief.
As already reported, the clip seems to be glued and I couldn't unclip it.

Body:

has a constant diameter.
At the beginning and at the end we find two serigraphs indicating the direction of insertion of the battery, followed by two transversal millings, while the central part has a geometric motif with small squares.

Tail:

cylindrical.
The upper face is flat with a raised outer ring.
The side surface is smooth except for the central part which incorporates the geometric pattern of the body.

Threads:

Well made, there are no burrs or manufacturing defects, the segments screw on very smoothly and easily.
There is a uniform layer of fat.

O-ring:

There is only one o-ring on the torch and two spares supplied.

Battery:

The battery supplied with the P10 is a protected 18650 branded Nextorch.
From the capacity test it is observed that the recorded values ​​deviate by only 0.4% compared to the declared ones: an excellent result in comparison to all the other batteries tested so far.

Micro-USB port for charging and notification LED:

The battery has a greater diameter and length than a classic unprotected 18650.

Comparison:

Below is a comparison with other angle torches.
From left to right:
-Sofirn SP40 18650
-Nextorch P10 18650
-Armytek Wizard C2 Pro Max 21700

6) Specifications:

The following picture is taken from the Nextorch official website.

7) User Interface:

There is an essential and non-customizable proprietary UI.

1) With the torch off:
Mechanical switch
- Complete click: white LED turns on.
- Half click: momentary on high white led.

2) With the torch on:
Mechanical switch
- Complete click: white led off.
- Half click: white led mode carousel: med-low-high-strobe.

Electronic switch
- Full click: auxiliary LEDs on or off.
- Half click: auxiliary LED mode carousel: red+blue flash, red beacon, blue beacon.

8) Led, light output

In the product specifications, only specifications on lumen and range are reported, there is no other information regarding the LED, which looks like an Osram P9.
I sent an email to Nextorch to ask for information but have not received a response so far.
The Flashlightgo store confirms that it is an Osram led.

Measured data:

The data shows some noteworthy aspects:
1) measured output is higher than declared in all modes.
2) The CCT has a good value.
3) The CRI disappointed me, I expected a minimum value of 70.
4) The supplied battery surprised me positively.

Below are the detailed measurements on DUV and flicker, with Nextorch battery.

High:

Med:

Low:

Runtime
The P10 starts strong, with a higher light output than declared, but the performance cut comes immediately and in a few minutes we are around 20-25% of the peak output.
The duration in high, until complete shutdown is well over 4 hours, therefore a higher value than the 3.5 hours declared.
The head has never exceeded 41 °C and the central body has always remained quite cool and always perfectly grippable, resulting at best lukewarm.
Given the large size of the head and the non-HI-Cri LED, I would have expected a different runtime graph, with a higher total lumen output.
The cooling of the torch has little effect on the appearance of the runtime, which is better but does not make a miracle cry.

Light beam
The spot, white and bright, has a slight yellowish cast. A yellowish crown surrounds the spot and degrades into the colder and softer spill, which has a slight blue / purple dominant.
The perfectly centered LED ensures uniformity of the light beam without asymmetries, rings or artifacts.

Some comparative shots with other flashlights.
From left to right:
1) Sofirn SP40 LH351D 4000K Hi-CRI 18650
2) NexTORCH P10 5000-5500K 18650
3) Armytek Wyzard C2 PRO MAX XHP70.2 5500K 21700

WB 5000K

Compared to the SP40 and the Wyzard, the P10 has a less flood beam with a greater propensity to shoot, characterized by more concentrated spots and spills.

9) Experience of use and beamshots:

The first field test I do is the immersion one:
torch in 25cm of water for 20 minutes.
During the test, both the mechanical and electronic switches were activated.
No lens fogging and no water seepage inside.
Exam passed with full marks.

The torch is aesthetically appealing: form factor and full black color I find them perfectly suitable for the purpose of using this product.
To the touch, the satin finish gives a really pleasant feedback.

While fording a small stream, I had a small unexpected event and the P10 fell into the water impacting the seabed, so I was able to test waterproofing and impact resistance again.

This test also passed with flying colours.
I was amazed by the strength of the aluminum structure: the flashlight was dented slightly and lost very little surface treatment.

The fall was probably cushioned by the water or by the partly soft and partly rocky seabed.
I expected a worse result and instead it came out almost unscathed.

The clip is well made and the embossed logo adds personality, but on some occasions I would have preferred to release it to be able to use the flashlight more freely.

Although the P10 is designed to work hooked to a uniform, a jacket or a backpack, it is easy to hold, the switches are easy to operate and provide the right tactile and audible feedback.

Using it for a long time even without gloves is never a problem: the head never reaches high temperatures and the central body is always cool enough, even indoors and without ventilation.

If you use an unprotected battery, you may feel the battery bounce inside the flashlight during use.

Red and blue LEDs.
There are 3 flashing modes:
- only red
- only blue
- carousel: red, blue and red+blue (pink-purple)

In all modes, flashing occurs at constant brightness.

The flashing in the various modes is clearly visible and performs the task of signaling an alert and/or danger situation very well.

White light led:
Auto WB
iso1000
1/20s
26mm f1.6

Control-low-mid-high

White light led:
Auto WB
iso1000
1/20s
26mm f1.6

High

The primary LED performs well, in high it illuminates the field without uncertainty and also has a decent throw considering that it is an angular torch.
The tint shift during use in a natural environment is less noticeable, but still present.
In the UI I would have preferred to find an intermediate mode of 500-600 lumens.

10) Conclusions

The Nextorch P10 is a particular product dedicated to specific users.
Pay attention to the point, simplicity and ease of use, so I find the choice of using two switches for the two functions and an easy-to-use UI perfectly centered in times when priorities are different.
It looks good, is treated in detail and finishes.
The look is captivating.
Good performance of the battery, runtime and light output which are higher than the declared.
I could argue that there is no band to position the flashlight on the helmet or a detachable clip, but as already written, this product must be framed correctly, in the right purpose of use.
What I didn't like is the low CRI, the presence of led tint shift and the lack of an intermediate power level in the UI.

11) Positive aspects:
1) Build quality, finish and look.
2) Measured data higher than declared.
3) Simplicity and functionality.
4) Torch always very fresh even at maximum power.
6) 5 year warranty.

12) Negative aspects:
1) Low CRI LEDs with a discreet tint shift.
2) An important aspect is missing from the specifications: brand and model of LED mounted and data on the CRI.
3) In the UI it would have been useful to have an intermediate level of power.
4) When using with unprotected batteries you may feel the cell jolt in the flashlight.
5) Battery with micro-USB port: In 2022, it's anachronistic to find a micro-USB charging port.

13) Neutral aspects:
1) Manual not in Italian.
2) Glued clip.
3) During runtime, after stepdown I would have preferred to see slightly more output.

14) Final rating:code:

7-/10

The end.

Thanks for reading the review.

Nice review, not crazy about the company but my mind can be changed.

Thank you for reading the review, sir.

It seems good, thanks for your review