FREEME ✌ MATEMINCO FT03 SFH55 10020lm 587m 21700 Lantern Flashlight - Light Alone / Kit

MATEMINCO FT03 (2023)

SFH55 10020lm 587m 21700 Lantern Flashlight

Group Buy Price: from $44.97 (usual $59.95)

Freeme's Exclusive Coupon: 1TDNEW

Specification:

Product Name Mateminco FT03
Brand MATEMINCO
LED SFH55 LED
Material Aerospace Grade Aluminum Alloy
Mode Smooth ramping
Switch Type Clicky Switch
Switch Location Electronic side switch
Battery 1 * 21700 Battery (not included),or 1x battery pack (included for kit bundle)
Max Output 10020lm
Max Beam Distance 587 Meters
Max Beam Intensity 86000cd
Driver Direct Drive Driver
Impact Resistance 1m
Waterproof IPX6
Weight 168.5g(without battery)
Size 141mm * 64.5mm * 29.1mm(Length * Head Diameter * Body Diameter)

UI

Action OFF ON
Click ON OFF
Long Press Smooth Ramping Smooth Ramping
2 Cilcks Turbo Turbo
3 Clicks Strobe Strobe

Package included:

1.FT03
1x Mateminco FT03 21700 Flashlight

2.FT03 KIT
1x MATEMINCO FT03 21700 flashlight
1x long tube
1x 21700 battery pack

Reserved.

I don’t understand. Mateminco makes Astrolux. The FT03 model is made my both companies yet its a completely different light?

This is how Mateminco 3.7V 211500 battery looks like.

Perfect timing! I just posted the other day that I wish they made a larger version of the FT02, preferably a 21700 one.

Well, that was easy. Ordered the silver FT03 kit version, which came out to about $57 with the above coupon. Woohoo!

OK this is confusing…

The Astrolux FT03 is the same as the Mateminco MT35 mini or MT90 mini (SBT90.2 version)…but now we have the Mateminco FT03 which is a completely different light.

Also, how exactly is this a lantern? I know there is a diffuser available but is it any different from adding a diffuser to any random flashlight? The reflector is quite shallow so I’m guessing maybe the light is directed to the sides a bit more compared to a regular flashlight?

The same way it’s also a TORCH! Different parts of the world have different terminology for the common flashlight.

This is very different looking than the Astrolux FT03S with the SFH55. ?

Interested, but need more info on the UI. Picture shows side switch, but description says tail switch

What charging options are there for the Mateminco 3.7V 211500 battery?

Just focus on MATEMINCO from now on.

Indeed, it look different from regular SFH55. Could it be newer model?

Corrected. I will get the manual from Neal on Monday.

Since FT03 doesn't come with charging port, I guess the only way is to charge direct on the pack itself with USB. I will update again by Tues.

It is a lantern because you get a base and a lampshade with it.

I like the retro look of the silver one
But to get the retro shape they used an extremely shallow reflector, giving it a very wide spill.

UI

Action OFF ON
Click ON OFF
Long Press Smooth Ramping Smooth Ramping
2 Cilcks Turbo Turbo
3 Clicks Strobe Strobe

So is that Anduril or NarsilM? Or just ramping UI. It’s very tempting to buy it.-.

Neither are mentioned in the manual.

Ordered mine exactly a week ago, estimated arrival in April… it arrived today :slight_smile:

Compared to its namesake it’s a bit smaller than i was expecting.

It’s more C8 sized but with a wider head obviously.

The battery tube feels narrower than i would expect for 21700 sized, feels and looks more like 18650 sized to me.

Fits well in my hand though and the button seems to be where my thumb expects with inital impressions being that it’s easy to find.

Here’s a quick wall shot. Not the smoothest beam and a bit square but i’m not expecting this to be relevant in use.

The tint is on the yellow/green side which i expected from this LED, though i’m not sure why i expected that as i have no experience with this LED. I like the beam, it seems coherant with no glare but if you’re a rosy fan you’ll be disappointed.

Here’s a lit reflector shot just cos it’s pretty, you can see the lack of reflection from the wide reflector base. I was expecting this from the marketing photos.

The UI is slightly different to the one freeme posted a couple of posts up.
Long press from off goes to a seperate low mode (which is lower than the bottom of the ramp so i’m going to call it moonlight) and there’s no way to go to ramping from this mode, both single click and long press turn the torch off. (Double click goes to turbo, triple click to strobe).

Short press from off goes to ramping mode as stated, at the last used brightness level. I can’t see any way to go straight to the bottom of the ramp.

This is the same as ramping mode on the Sofirn C8F 21700 and is a shame, long press to moonlight as the bottom of the ramp would have been much better.

Also, 4 clicks from either off or on gives a battery voltage readout, and 5 clicks from off is electronic lockout.

Pressing the button in this lockout mode gives a delayed flash, but only at bottom of the ramp brightness so i’m not sure how it is useful. Signalling distance is limited by this low brightness and it’s not a momentary mode because it only flashes, keeping the button pressed make no difference.

The switch seems ok with good definition but the switch cover is a little too squidgy for my liking and dilutes the switch definition, and a couple of times a button press that felt solid hasn’t registered.

I haven’t removed it but i can rotate the bezel by hand (with the help of a sticky glove) so it’s not glued.

There is a small driver issue though, sometimes moonlight mode flickers. As in constantly from when it’s turned on. It may be when going to moonlight after running at high power for a while, and i haven’t seen moonlight start to flicker after it’s turned on at constant brightness, but this definitely needs more investigation.

I will feed this back to Nealsgadgets.

I’ve only had it a couple of hours but overall i like it. I bought it mainly for it’s looks but also because it’s a reasonably priced, reasonably sized, single cell, single emitter 10K lumen light.

Initial impressions are that it looks great, feels good in the hand, and is small and light enough to use comfortably as a walking and a general outdoor use light.
The UI has a couple of drawbacks that seem unneccessary, and the switch cover could be better, but i can get away with that for it’s non-critical intended use and on the whole the UI works for me.

For indoor, low light use though, the inability to go straight to the bottom of the ramp is a dealbreaker for me. Having the only choices as moonlight or ‘the possible high brightness i left the main mode in because i forgot to prepare the mode for low light conditions’ is not good enough, especially considering how blindingly bright the light could be.
I want a choice of low brightness modes that i don’t to have risk destroying my night vision, and possibly my general vision, to access.

Interestingly though i think this would be the light i would grab out of all the lights i own if i wanted to impress non-flashaholics, i can’t think of anything they can pick fault with.

It’s also worth mentioning that freeme’s nice discount took the price from being elegible for free delivery to incurring an $8 delivery charge, so this needs to be factored into the deal.

1 Thank

I just got mine today (silver w/ the long tube.) It looks absolutely incredible and feels great in the hand.

I have tried it both ways, and can’t decide if I like the standard or long version more. I wish the standard version was 1/2 inch longer. The long one seems unnecessarily long and slightly awkward…getting into M21G form factor territory. I guess I’ll stick with the standard for now, just so that I can put my own batteries in it.

The beam on mine is very bright (using a Samsung 40T) but it is visibly green, even on turbo. I’ll do some Opple measurements and apply some minus green Zircon soon to get it closer to BBL.

Looks like the Astrolux FT03 hit a wall at 100MPH and became a Mateminco FT03.

LOL you’re right.

How confusing it is that this Mateminco is named identically to your Astrolux. Whereas the Mateminco host that’s the same as your Astrolux is called “PD90S”.