Should we have a sub-forum dedicated to knives?

You can see the archived poll results on the Wayback Machine:

https://web.archive.org/web/20221220093741/https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/72531

Not being privy to the technical aspects (and potential hassle) of creating another sub-category on BLF, I apologize to Mr. Admin if this would pose a huge burden. If it dies, please delete this poll now. There certainly seems to be more than enough knife discussion on BLF to warrant its own sub-forum. I think it would also help tidy up the other two categories they are being posted in.

Does anyone have any other thoughts or concerns?

I brought this up before (others too), Mr. Admin actually did reply and said he'd create a subform if the need demonstrated itself, but said that's why there was an 'other gear' forum. This knife thing is not going away, and I think the need has demonstrated itself. There are other knife forums, but the topic is growing HERE, which is actually a compliment to this site. After reading a "show us your EDC" thread here, it's clear that almost everyone who carries a flashlight or two everyday, also carries a knife. I'm still noobing through the budget knives, and frankly, I don't have the ability or desire to spend the same kind of time researching knives that I have flashlights, NOR participate in a totally separate [knife] forum/site, and that's what I need a BLF knife sub-forum for, so others can offer advice & info the way I have for noobs with flashlights here, b/c I'm already coming here regularly and kind of know some people here.

P.S. Very funny 'alternate' choice: "No, keep them scattered about as they are". You should go into polling or journalism professionally </s> ;) . I think they call that "push polling", LOL.

Great idea I am equally dedicated to my new knife hobby as I am to flashlights. Budget knives don't seem to get a fair representation on the web knife forums.

They're not really 'scattered', though. They're just lumped in with a bit of 'other' gear (which isn't that much)

Agree. Its impossible to answer this poll. How about making a separate forum for knives instead.

Or maybe we should have a subforum for bicycles, garden utensils, ladies handbags etc

Aw, come on now. Bikes, garden utensils, and ladies' handbags don't come up repeatedly and often here, and don't go hand-in-hand with flashlights the way knives do. A separate forum would defeat the entire purpose for a sub-forum too. I could easily go over to one of the dedicated knives forums and join--but I'm also not going to do that. And many others won't. Well, maybe if there were a special 'budget knives' dedicated forum, I'd consider it actually... sigh, but I'd rather just have a sub-forum here (I barely have time to hang around here as it is--and while not keeping up, still manage to spend far too much time here!).

Think about it. We have dedicated subforum categories for single CR123 flashlights, one just for chargers, and even one for nonrechargeable batteries. Even CNQualityGoods and Manafont have their own subforum!! So why not Knives?? Under the "Miscellaneous" category, we have "Site-related issues", "Introduce yourself", "Gear for flashlight carriers", and even "Off-topic chatter". So... why would it be blasphemy to have a "Knives" category included there? I mean, if we can have a whole sub-forum just for people to introduce themselves, doesn't it make sense for the hottest non-flashlight topic (by a longshot) on this forum to have its own sub-forum too?

Go into the "Gear" forum and check this out. All of the 12 stickies are about knives, though 2 are multi-tools. Every one of 'em. Of the active threads there, right now you have to go down to the 8th most-recent post to find one which isn't about a knife or multi-tool. You could say, "see, the Gear forum is essentially a knife forum anyway, so you don't need a Knife sub-forum." However, with the less-active topics, a good number of those are not about knives, which dilutes focus from the obviously many people here who want to research knives. Budget knives, like flashlights, and unlike many other things, come in a dizzying array of choices, and there is much to learn and much money which can be wasted until one knows the best "true" bargains.

Honestly, it surprises me it's been this long without one. Budget knives are a hot market right now like LED flashlights. I think LED lights are hotter (and will continue to be), and to most of us here, knives are secondary to flashlights, but also something we need to have and carry with the flashlight. There is even a store out there called BladesAndBrights (CPF lurking paying off, lol), because they do go together like chocolate and peanut butter. Don't they?

I think budget knifes have a big enough following here, it's just ,maybe the 'other gear' sub-forum might be dead...

I voted for the subforum .

I have purchased quite a few very good knives armed with good information I aquired here .

A separate subforum might make it easier for the casual or new user .

If it helps to keep the forum clean and organized - Yes ;) (and +1 subforum will not hurt. Of course admin will need to move all actual knives threads to that subforum)

I don't mind if they have a separate sub-forum or not but I don't want to lose the valuable contiributions and drive members to a completely different forum. I have an equal interest in both topics and enjoy logging in here to read about both subjects.

Im glad you approve, and I'll take that as a compliment. LOL! Google is starting to point many knife related searches to this forum. It makes sense to give them their own category.

WE HAVE THIS SITE FOR LIGHT!!! THIS IS THE REASON WHY THIS SITE HAVE THIS NAME BUDGETLIGHT FORUM

iF YOU WANT A FORUM FOR THIS TAKE A OTHER WEBSITE LIKE BUDGETKNIFEFORUM.....

WE HAVE THIS SITE FOR LIGHT!!! THIS IS THE REASON WHY THIS SITE HAVE THIS NAME BUDGETLIGHT FORUM

Soooooo , just so we're clear here , you don't agree with a budget knife subforum ?

Don't care one way or the other, but this thread has me seeing red...

...gonna hafta loosen my BVDs a few notches.

Hello all, thanks for bringing this up. I'm not against creating a Knives category here if the majority wants it. But as I see it, the Gear subforum is being used almost exclusively for knife posts, and it's easy enough to find most knife information there.

Thanks to everyone for your participation, it's great to see that people are finding BLF useful.

i agree with nautic ... one seriously hard poll to answer honestly

Neat how all statistics are man made ..Don't get the answer you want .. just ask the same question differently till everyone seems to agree with you ..

"73% of all statistics are incorrect "

Do I even respond to such immense stupidity? Possibly a new pole to vote on the most ignorant post ever to grace BLF would be more useful.

Please activate what little grey matter your feeble mind might contain before posting next time.