Jacob A60-One Bad Thrower

Guys I can't tell you how impressed I am with this light. If your only going to buy one light for all around use for throw and spill and don't want to spend but around $15, this would be the light I recommend. The only drawback is the plastic reflector.

I told Rick what is so weird about this light is that on wall the Small C10 will easily beat it. But at 100yds or farther the Jacob A60 takes over. Now that is what I discovered last nite at 100 and 350yds. This light for it's size is one bad light.

I'll try and get some beamshots tonite.

It will throw about twice as good as the UltraOK Technology light I have.

Oh no… beamshots may cost me $15

Yeah, beamshots are definately missing here.

They are ok, good for the price.

I'll probably give mine to a friend, I don't have any use for it.. but just had to buy it to play with.

Xre THROW FTW!

Cant wait for beamshots

A60 with XM-L? Anyone tried to swap LED?

Don't know what your collection consists of, but you must have some super nice lights in order to make that statement.

But hey, everyone has an opinion.

I have a bunch of lights, and not one will touch this light for throw for the money and spill.

The switch isn't the best and the plastic reflector is another negative. But I don't think it hurts it one bit on the throw.

I can take this beam from the A60 at 5ft or 30yds and shine it on top of some of my best XM-L throwers and it is very easily seen on top of the other beams. Now some may say so what, but like I told Rick this light easily throws to 350yds and still has some room left.

I just placed an order for my second one....can't wait!!!

I don't have many (about 5-6), but I have bought 30+ in around the last 6 months and given them all away or sold them after I play with them a while.

I don't want a huge collection because I don't have any room for them, I just play with them and if they are good I keep them and it will have to replace something else that gets sold or given away.

By saying I don't have any use for it, I really don't have any use for it other than to drive way out of town to my brothers property and shine it at trees 100 meters away.

Ill probably be getting rid of all my 18650 and 14500 lights soon so its not just Jacob A60 that will be going, I only want 3-4 lights max and everything else comes and goes.

I was interested in a aluminium reflector for it, but now it doesn't matter. I already decided I didn't want it before it arrived in the post a few weeks ago.

My favorite thrower now (so I bought a spare one as well). I use it regularily as my spotting light on night-time walks. The brown bear that used to roam our village last year is back. Frown

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS, do you notice any difference in target image clarity (contrast, sharpness) compared to your XM-L throwers? I'm curious because my TF-X9 (XM-L) is very bad in that regard.

Well I told Rick that this light has the hotspot now. Very distinct and perfect beam. But it won't light up the objects like the M3X or STL-V6 will. But as far as the beam goes it all looks good to me.

I did notice that it has a nice perfect core center hotspot followed by a outer ring and then another what I call the spill ring.

Lense diameter? So I can order A60 and glass lense

I'm sure most of your XR-E's can do that can't they? I guess the distinctive thing about this light is that it is an XR-E with a 50 some mm head which is a little larger than most of the other lights in that price range..

Lens is 50 x 2 mm. Glass, but low quality. Unfortunately, there is no UCL lens of this size at flashlightlens.com.

Does anyone note this? Comes with XP-E R5
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/jd-608-cree-xpe-r5-wc-3-mode-230lm-white-led-flashlight-w-strap-black-1-x-18650-122206

or this, Q5?
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/jd-9636-cree-xpe-q5-wc-3-mode-220lm-white-led-flashlight-w-strap-charger-black-1-x-18650-122186

Both of them come with side switch. Seems like another throwing beast as well.

Jacob with a side switch!

... and wearing an HA dress!