Funny (led) story

Since I sleep about 4 hr a night I can be up at many diff times of night. The other night (3am)i went out in the yard and commenced to light up about a 40-50 ft tree (THE WHOLE TREE). Now get the picture…………3am, all the neighbors homes are dark and with only one street light it is pretty dark. I am thinking i am the only one stirring at this hour so I hit this tree (5 houses away) with a 1000 lm of BRIGHT WHITE LIGHT when I hear yelling (I”m LMAO as I peck this story) from a house with new neighbors of about a week. Now,the rest of the neighbors are used to dark time blasts of light but these new neighbors are (apparently) not. So now I am hiding behind my stockade fence peeking & listening (like a big laughing rat). I could tell they were in panic mode as they were yelling in a loud/garbled fashion. Could hear-um out there but all I all I could make out was three words………….F—K, UFO, COPS!!! within ten min the cops were there with lights flashing! Now half the neighbors ( of 30 yrs) are out and about (they knew it was me the flashlight nut) and just going along with the UFO theme. My friend next door told me the whole story the next day (she said “I knew it was you”). Not a one of them (though they quickly suspected me) mentioned me as a possible suspect. Well, the UFO got away (so did I) and the new neighbors are none the wiser (though I expect they will know sooner or later). My old neighbors got the biggest kick out of this and may just never tell the new neighbors what really happened! BTW, the tree is in the yard of a house that had sat empty for a year so it is (was) my designated light shinning tree and according to my friend next door the new neighbors stated that it (UFO) lit the whole inside of their house up. I will update when/if these new neighbors find out what really happened and their reaction. I wish all could have seen me hiding & laughing so hard I had to stuff my shirt in my face.

Keith (who will have to find a new tree dang it!)

That’s a riot. :smiley: You have great neighbors.

What a laugh. Would love to of been there. Heres to new neighbors.

UFOs! Those darn aliens!

Want to borrow 2000+ lumen green aspherical? ”OH NO… They are back to abduct us!”

That’s hilarious !!! I would have been freaking out…

ROFFLE!

At my new house, I’ve set the neighbor’s dogs off a few times shinging my lights around at night, but there are too many trees for any long-range lighting. Nobody’s called the cops on me yet…

But, that reminds me of the first time I ever played with a green LASER pointer… It was a $100+ <5mW model back before green LASERs had gotten cheap. I was briefly shining it out of the Window of the house onto the stop sign at the corner and seconds later, a police car stopped; he had been driving up the road at exactly the same time as I hit the sign so he saw it lit up a brilliant green, then go dark. He sat at the intersection for about 5 minutes waiting for it to come back before moving on. We kept watching from the upstairs window to see how long he would wait for it to happen again… :smiley:

Keith and keltex … haha funny stories. Grown-ups playing with their Cree flashlights and trying not to get caught.

Fantastic!

So, Area 51 is likely just a flashlight factory with a large R&D program :stuck_out_tongue: .

I’m anticipating a similar situation tonight - I’m planning a x-550 (xenon) vs 1a driven xm-l, initial tests say the xenon will find this a walk over but its not dark yet…… I’m quite shocked at how throwy the old tech spiderfire is to be honest and how smooth the threads are unlubed. I think I’m getting hooked :bigsmile:

Well, no started neighbours or police :cry: and as predicted the xenon walked it. Tbf its up against an under driven xm-l aspheric zoomy, I’m sure the 2.8a c8 style thrower will have something to say, but the old simple tech 2x18650, bulb and an ally plunger for a switch/twist on is hellishly bright and a warm tint too. The zoomy though, does tailstand and works well as a night light for feeding our little Luke then blasts the crap out of dark corners under a vehicle. On low it lasted well on gamble fires too. I’m now trying out my new protected 2800mah “torchy” cells :slight_smile:

Outstanding story! I've had a few similar "incidents" myself...

Reminds me of that National Lampoon's Christmas vacation scene :)

Great story!

I was thinking you need to take an 8x10 picture of your other neighbors in their bathrobes pointing and attach it to a tree near the new neigbors picture window with a rubber band attached to it and get a green filter for an aspherical and suck them up into the beam ….Along with some screaming and whirring sounds …Oh yeah make a neat crop circle in their yard too .If you have some glow in the dark pieces too maybe throw them in the blender till they become tiny pieces and spread them all over their yard so when the police of you the helpful neighbor comes over to help you can get the yard lit up good with glittering with green glowing dust …add some ashes from the fireplace or grill if you have some too for effect.

LMAO. Riot indeed.

You have cool neighbors.

Now you need to start the rumor that the previous owners of that house kept complaining about alien abductions. >)

Could drop an ” Alien Abduction Insurance” advert in the mail box.

I know Kreisler. I”m not JUST a grown-up, I am 60! Update on UFO saga. My granddaughter”s FIL is a cop and word got around the station about the recent UFO incident (the cops got a big laugh from it said my neighbors were terrified). Now, when the cops son told his wife (my GD) about it and the fact it was right down the street from Grandpa, she went OOOOOHH I bet my paw is involved in this at which point she called me and asked (sarcastically) if I had seen any UFO”s lately (I knew she was on to me). I asked why do you ask (acting innocent)? She then stated “I KNOW IT WAS YOU PAW”! She then revealed her plan for blackmailing me & if her demand”s were not met she would have me put in jail for disturbing the peace! OMG, my family (not the neighbors) is gonna rat me out! My dear wife is laughing her A off (she is in on it) ! They think they have got me cornered but I shall take my light”s (evidence) & head for the hills of N. Carolina & become a mountain man………….To be continued……….maybe

Boaz, my friend, that is PURE EVIL (but i like it). i am feeling bad now cause these poor folk are really frightened. i think i see how this will end (OH MAN). I was innocently playing with my light & now all this. lord, let this cup pass from me.

Keith (who feels like a fugitive)

If you feel like making amends, go over there, introduce yourself, tell them it was all harmless, got a little bit out of proportions, and gift them a flashlight+cell+charger as a neighbor/welcome present, and an apology. :slight_smile:

Maybe you get new company for testing out flashlights. :wink:

Viktor