I Think Stanley Has A New 2000 Lumen Led Spotlight(Fat Max)

I was in my local Walmart and I was looking at the Stanley spotlights. I saw a light that said MAX on it and had a LED with 2000 lumens on the package. I believe it was a a Stanley. They wanted $50 for it. I’ll bet it’s a thrower. Just thought I would pass it on. I’m still trying to find a picture online.

I was in my local Walmart and I was looking at the Stanley spotlights. I saw a light that said MAX on it and had a LED with 2000 lumens on the package. I believe it was a a Stanley. They wanted $50 for it. I’ll bet it’s a thrower. Just thought I would pass it on. I’m still trying to find a picture online.

Just came from Walmart. It’s a single XM-L. Too expensive at 50 bucks though.

Rich

Must be the new X Bin XML’s I read about……

In my dreams! :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the heads-up.
Nice to have an XML available in-store. For whatever reason the XML just hasn’t broken into the retail chains nearly as fast as the other cree emitters did.

Price… Compared to an XP-E or an XP-G, an XM-L is expensive…

and

Heat… 1 to 3 Watts isn’t really all that difficult to deal with. The human hand can absorb that without being at all bothered. 10 watts, however, is a different story. 10 watts will make a human hand pretty uncomfortable. That’s why high-volume stores don’t really have XM-L based lights available - they have to be ‘real’ lights to be able to handle the heat, and they have to cost real money to manufacture.

“Stanley” calling an XM-L based light “2000 Lumens” is absolutely shameful. It’s bad enough that DX and the lot get away with it, but for a big-box brand to play those games is criminal.

PPtk

Exactly this.

I can’t find it anywhere online.

I just saw both of those new spotlights today as well. I laught at the 2000 lumen claim on the big one. I might pick up the smaller one that claimed 530 or 580 lumens i can’t remember, but it was about the size of my older little stanley LED spotlight.

The new one has a bigger reflector and I think it’s deeper as well.

Loews has a $50 handheld claiming 500+ lumens. It is an XM-L , takes 3x 16340 cells i believe, sold under Loews re-brand name Kobalt. Cant seem to find the Stanley either.

Yea it’s not on Walmarts website. I can’t seem to find it anywhere online including ebay. So it must be a very new item.

In the tiny writting on the manual it might say 2000 lumens if you buy a pack of two lights >)

probably need 3 for 2k lumen :wink:

I’d love to see a pic of both new lights. checked my ghetto walmart but they don’t even have the 5w or 5w waterproof models anymore.

Looking forward to see this thread run its course… If this XML version is as well designed as its Stanley Cree and HID predecessors it should be a good, serviceable tool.

Expecting Good optics, built in charging circuits, LED charge indicators, low-medium output modes, compact/ergonomic. 12V recharge capability will appeal to many (if it has this feature like the other stanley lights).

stanley Fat Max XML spotlight !!! | Candle Power Flashlight Forum!!!

Sounds pretty darn bright. I hope that guy figures out how to post pictures…

Just got back from Wally with one… No chance to really put it to the test. But here are some pics for now.

Its just a sticker… if it bothers you just peel it off.

12V cord.

The red LED flashes when its charging… hoping it turns green when its done like the HID

Some better pics. Its charging via AC as I type.

Business end. Reflector dish measures 76mm across. Glass window too…. very good optical quality overall.

Heatsink, black anodized… VERY nice!!

I’ll bring it on a night hike with some other CPF/BLF members tonight, and post back my impressions. On a white wall, spot intensity is definitely brighter than my modded HD2010, even with the battery not fully charged. So we’re definitely looking at peak lux somewhere north of 50k.

thanks for the pics!

i’ll definitely have to own that, but depending on your impression, I might wait for a sale…

Finally!!! Thx so much for the pics and looking forward to your impressions.

Cheers,
Tim

Side note…. this thing has more safety, warning and agency compliance labels on it than my kids car-seat!!! They’re ugly as sin, I’ll probably peel them off.

Oh and the low mode doesn’t have any visible PWM.