What knife did you get today?

I received this one a fews days ago, but today I took some pictures.

Navy K-628

(click to enlarge)

Size comparison:

Ordered 8/8 - Arrived 9/6 - finally picked it up at PO today.

Finally found a medium size budget knife I’ll try carrying for a while. It probably won’t be permanent, but I like the overall length and the weight isn’t too bad considering the extras on the knife. It’s a little fat, but also not bad considering. Overall, it isn’t much heavier or fatter than my larger regular carry knife (skelatonized aluminum grip).

I’m reasonably impressed with each SRM knife I’ve gotten, and that is now several. Really like the deep carry clip, even with no tip up option.

The serrated version (T01a) is in the Special Products pricing section right now. Here’s a link to the straight blade model so that it will hopefully be valid longer.

http://www.exduct.com/sanrenmu-multifunction-tools-knife/srm-survival-knife-knives-t01.html

I was not talking about the frictions of the pivot and washers but about the liner lock’s friction, blade’s steel is roasted on both sides.

And with the problem of the spacers + screws for which Jacky Hu didn’t provide a solution, it is a big disappointment for me about Enlan EL01D’s “quality” and Exduct’s after sell service.

EDIT: I tried to reassemble it only today, 2 minutes ago. Once the handle is put back on the steel liner, none of the 4 screws are long enough to engage in the thread of the spacers.
The 4 screws are in fact glued in probably less than 1 millimeter of the spacers. I hate this !

I don't think Jackyhu has spare parts in his store, so the only thing would be to get a replacement for the knife, but if the next one will be better? The knives are produced in batches and since all 4 screws are not engaging it seems like a design/parts problem.

My Bee L05-1 and Enlan EL02-B finally showed up today. Both are quite nice. Need a little edge work, but I expected that. The larger handles (relative to the 710, etc.) are excellent.

Really diggin the L05-1 a lot. Feels great in hand. Pretty much perfect size for me. Full flat grind is sweet. That was the main reason I ordered it. Pleasently surprised how much I enjoy the handle though. Sort of planned on giving this to my old man, but now I am not so sure. :bigsmile:

Love the stonewash on the EL02-B and it’s overall feel… but the axis lock is uber stiff, as others have reported. I am guessing this is because of the greater mass of this blade compared to the 763. It looks like the same basic mechanism as the 763, just a stiffer spring. Which is a poorly engineering solution in my opinion. Still for the price, hard to beat.

Now I need some crap to cut up!!! >)

Oh wow never heard it explained that way before, thanks. I always presumed it was just shoddy worksmandhip/QC. Makes a lot of sense…. in a silly-ass litigious kind of way. :slight_smile:

I received the Enlan M011 today. The blade was shaving sharp. It’s a light weight knife.

The only criticism I have concerns the liner lock. It sticks up a bit more than some and the top end edge isn’t beveled or chamfered as most of them are. It’s a little rough when using it but not bad.

Got my b-day gifts tonught. Among them was a Ganzo G707. Suh-weet!!

I’m glad you like it. I just ordered one today.

Can’t stop playing with it! Heheheh :stuck_out_tongue:

What are your basic impressions of it?

Happy Birthday by the way!

Thank you! I really like it. It is very solid and heavy and the action is extremely smooth. My didn’t arrive super sharp but sharp. Blade and body are blemish free. The clip is very sturdy and its design makes it super smooth and easy to clip into your back pocket. It is larger than I first thought it would be. Truly one of the better $16 I’ve ever spent!

Got my Ganzo G707 auto and also the Leen 1203-3. Very nice, pretty solid knife. The leather holder that comes with it is real leather! (though not high quality type)

The Leen is on offer again, 12.50.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/LEEN-1203-2-Pocket-EDC-Folding-Knife-440c-Blade-59-61HRC-Steel-Handle-Frame-Lock-w/606221914.html

Sorry for the bad pictures, quickly made.

Enlan EL-02 (for size comparison)
Enlan EL-08
Ganzo G710
Enlan BEE L06
Navy K-502
Enlan EM-01
Enlan F723 (for size comparison)

(Click to enlarge (pictures))

This ” Benchmade

I know BM had a Red line that was made in china that was discontinued, so we shall see what I get.
Now off to COSTCO for a chicken bake and a churro !!
We will see what shows up

The Enlan EL-08 looks very well made and rock solid.
Thick and solid frame lock, excellent and very grippy G10 scale, 9Cr12Mov steel blade, but heavy = about 185 grammes.

Ganzo G710

Great manufacturing quality for a 17$ knife (without shipping) or actually 14.75$ in the “Special Limited Products” categorie at exduct.com.

Nice handle G10, well manufactured and very good grip, maybe too much (could be sanded a bit)

With a light that shows all the details of the handle’s machining.

The blade’s shapes are clean, the polishing is not completely miror finish but is very good.

Shapes of the spine (back ?) with a thick ans solid point.

The blade is well centered.

Blades thickness comparison: Enlan EL-08, Ganzo G710, Ganzo G704

Nice GIF!! Every knife needs a GIF like that!

I knew that stainless steel tarnished with time, that don’t bother me at all, but I bought few years ago several blocks of Dialux paste, one was the grey Dialux for the “brightening” of the stainless steel that I never used, and as I retreived it some minutes ago, I just make a quick test on the blade of an Enlan EL-02.
I used it with straw of soft and extra-fine steel (n°00000) that doesn’t mark or scratch the steel. It is used in cabinet making / cleaning.

1 Thank

I’m in big trouble. Just got the Kershaw Speedform II (Elmax), Benchmade 581 (M390), CS Spartan (from Taiwan ROC, shd be authentic ), CRKT M16-14D alu handle desert tan (AUS 8 ), and 2 more Navys/ 1 Ganzo coming (440C/9CR18mov).

And I am smitten by the CRKT Nirk Tighe. Super ex for AUS 8.