What knife did you get today?

Here’s a knife shop in Taiwan ROC. Not sure how’s the price, but definitely will be visiting it when i go there.

http://www.topmascot.com.tw/index_cht.php

The Kershaw Speedform II is really beautiful with its “​​tight”, simple and pure curves.
I really like also the CRKT Nirk Tighe (excepted the first big finger coil. As seen on youtube, the index seems too far from the blade for my taste).

(I was a “wood handle in one part” (like Opinel) guy a few time ago, I was not really liking knives with steel liners covered with other material before reading BFL and then buying / trying some of the knives discussed and recommanded here. Thank you guys, it always interesting to “evolve” to, unexpectedly, discover and like new things).

I got the Landsky 4 ceramic stick “Croc” today.

If a knife was really beat up I’d probably start with a coarse stone first before using this system but it’s interesting in that you can have a little more control over the angle and you can put a secondary “micro” bevel on if you want.

I still think a cheap stone along with a leather strop is the easiest approach and it gets the knife just as sharp.

Got my Enlan EL-01 (well, I got the Bee version) the other day and have been playing around with it. Big, heavy and sturdy and since I got it in tan it’s not especially scary looking which I like since knifes have a way of making people uncomfortable.
And according to the Youtube videos it can take a beating and with the price in mind I wont mind using it for some heavy duty stuff.

Here’s how it goes in Singapore. (taken from a local forum)

Dear ————-,

Single purchase of survival knife for camping trips or diving knife can be approved but please be advised not to import knives with blades more than 30cm in length.

Generally, import of survival knives will not require a permit but may still be subject to our inspection upon importation prior to the release of the item to the owner.

If item is shipped in, it would be detained by ICA officers and forward to us for inspection. Once approved, we shall contact yourself for collection.

Please take note that Flick Knives are not allowed in Singapore but manual foldable knives are permitted.

Regards,

xxxxxxx
Compliance Management Officer
Arms & Explosive
Police Licensing Division

That said, if you are carrying it in the public and you get checked by a patrol, good luck….sure get locked up till they ID the reason you are carrying it…coz very high chance that a crime happened earlier as they don’t do checks very randomly unless you look extremely suspicious over here (even though your job needs it).

The quality of that BM is equal to the discontinued BM Vex line (I used to have both version).

Even though I had to pay more for it than it originally was selling for several years ago I was able to get (received it today) the SRM 909.

It came out of the box hair shaving sharp. I like the olive green G10 (similar to that used in the SRM 604).

It’s about the same length (both blade and handle) as the L05-1 but it’s handle (909) is about 1/4 wider for a nice feel in the hand.

It opens easily. The only tiny criticism is that if the widest part of the blade was a little more narrow the blunt end of the blade when folded would sit into the handle a little better (wouldn’t be exposed).

That’s a minor matter as that blunt end is chamfered well and meets well with the angles of the handle at that point.

Oh, another obvious dig is that the pivot pin is one of those odd 5 pin point pivots.

After my switchblade and fixed blade arrive I’m out of the knife buying hobby for a while (as is the case with lights as well)!

Being out of the buying circle often means that you found something that is working for you... (or you ran out of money ;-) )... so it can be a good thing. If you ever need to adjust the 5-pin-pivot... here is my quick'n'dirty solution.

Yeah, I just have the knives and lights that work for me now as you say.

Thank’s for the pivot tip. I figured doing something like that was possible. That’s why I’ve never bought either of those special tools.

With the “star” type of pivot I was able to use the chuck from an electric drill.

Often times I’ll adjust (loosen) the pivot on a new knife but the 909 was fine right out of the box.

Just some pic. Sorry that one is blurred.

The OEM copy knife has a bigger/longer blade than the Tekut but nearly the same size when closed. Mirror finish is flawless. Opening and closing action is pretty smooth (well it isn’t a flick knife so no issue with some resistance in it). The carbon fibre pattern is passable, you know it’s not real but it still has a nice 3D effect. I think beneathe it is G10. The whole thing is very light.

The OEM copy knife has a 3mm ceramic blade while the Tekut LK5070 has a 2.5mm blade. The tip of the OEM copy knife is very pointed. You’d need to sharpen both knives with diamond sharpeners if you want paper cutting sharp.

20 bucks, nicer if it’s at a lower price since the Tekut is only 15.30 at DX. Oh well…

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2012-New-ceramic-black-mirror-folding-knife-Ceramic-Blade-Linerlock-Knife-With-Carbon-Fibre-Handle-free/624652290.html

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/Boker-Plus-Anti-Grav-Ceramic-Blade-Knife-01BO036-/110953021811?pt=Collectible_Knives&hash=item19d550c173

BTW, I think the Colt has a printed handle, it does not have this 3D effect. This OEM copy knife has that 3D effect, just not a very high quality finish.

My Condor Bushlore fixed blade knife came today. It’s seems like a really good deal for the price to me. It was $33 including shipping and I got it in about 3 days.

The leather sheath looks like it’s worth $33. :slight_smile:

It has high carbon steel so it should hold its edge well. It’s a little harder to sharpen than stainless but I was able to do so as it wasn’t as sharp as I wanted it out of the box.

It’s now hair shaving sharp. It has some type of lamination or coating over the non-grind portion of the blade. It has walnut handles. They look fine but not fancy. I put a little olive oil on them.

I haven’t had a chance to test it out much yet but I’m sure it will do anything I’ll use it for.

Other than kitchen knives this is my one fixed blade knife and will probably be my only fixed blade knife.

If you’re looking for something similar, check it out.
Bushlore

Just got an email from Exduct .

They now have some interesting EDC multitools ...

I'm liking 1001 .

I see they are carrying a few more brands of knives as well.

Today I got my Inron My803 with orange handle (got the black since 3 weeks). The balck one ahs a better structur on the handle.

Those look like Chinese Atwoods - Chatwoods, if you will.

I really like the model 2001.

Ordering a Navy 1001 with sheath .

Why not .

I got a Inron My803 with orange handle, happy with it for what I intend to use it for.The handle has more of a linen finish compared to the black one show.

I like mine too. :slight_smile:

Does the “V” part of the 2001 have the right size to unscrew Enlan axis lock buttons ?

No, it’s too wide for that but it’s perfect for Hinderer style pivot screws.