[01-OCT-2013] Welcome yet again to yet another server!

Occasionally pages have been very slow to respond this morning…

Thanks SB! here’s my contribution to some normal loading. that and my excessive browsing :slight_smile:

So I can’t access on my computer, but it works on my phone.

I’ve cleared cookies and flushed DNS on chrome and through ipconfig. Even reset the router.

Any ideas?

Run tracert from both and see where it gets stuck (only if you’re using a different ISP)?

For now you might try going to BLF's IP Address:

http://192.155.95.192/

-Garry

Ah i got it.

It was my work VPN.

Hope that gets fixed ASAP.

Thanks!

Pages get stuck, I can't see anything 'missing' but loading never completely finishes, status bar shows:

Waiting for budgetlightforum.com...
Transferring data from budgetlightforum.com...
Read budgetlightforum.com

I adblocked all *.png/*.jpg/*.gif with no change. Unblocked all those, blocked budgetlightforum.com/sites/all/modules/ad/serve.php?o=image&a=* and page loads no longer hang up.

I’m getting the same thing.

+1 same here

i keep hitting f5f5f5f5f5f5f5ff5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5 and it goes away eventually

im also not getting emails from messages anymore?

Check spam folder? I don't know how/why since the sender and everything is the same as before but I had a few go to spam after the switch, then without me doing anything they started going back to the normal inbox again.

lol yupp! there they are!

we’ll get through these teething problems naturally, despite the initial symptoms :

Not able to get on site. Cleared my dns, still nothing. I’m on another device right now on another provider. Logged back in. Will check back on my home computer later and hopefully it will be OK.

I couldn’t really tell if I was getting notified of new posts, but I just noticed a thread I subscribed to previously just got updated and I did not get notified. In order to re-establish notifications, would it be best to go back to those threads and post something?

Sometimes if the last post is edited after you last viewed the thread, the next new post doesn't send a notification. Dunno why.

I’m getting similar issues as above, but if I stop loading when it hangs and reload, sometimes it reloads instantly, sometimes I need to keep reloading. I also just had it hang with a post, so I stopped it, copied my post, reloaded the thread and then tried to post again and it worked, but 25 min (or so) later it showed I posted the same stuff again…

Well done sb56637!

For email notification, have you look at Amazon SES?
They can send lots of mails with less effort.

I use it for my company’s newsletter and they work great.

Hi everyone, I’ve been gone all day, so I’m glad to find the site still functioning upon getting back to my computer.

Most of the DNS issues should be cleared up by now. If possible, try to reboot the router and/or modem and/or computer of devices that still can’t access the new server.

About the email issues: I did change the sending email address to “noreply” at budgetlightforum dotcom, but I also think I straightened out the configuration to make it a bit more acceptable to most mail servers. At any rate, there might still be some mails getting stuck in your spam folder, so please mark them as “not spam”. Thanks to sandalian for the tip about the Amazon email service, I might look into that or some similar option.

The infinitely loading page thing seems to be an Adsense bug that Google introduced right around the time of the new server migration. Since it’s an external script I don’t really have any control over it. I made a temporary workaround that seems to be helping at the moment.

As for the occasional site hangups, I’m trying a different configuration now, please let me know how it works.

Thanks to everyone for your support and patience!