[03-JUL-2013] Another outage caused by a mistake at the host

Sorry If I may have appear impolite but this is my opinion, not trying to follow the consensus for conformity sake but stating my view.
It can be irritating with all these many problems and I hope like everyone else it will now works fine.
Hey, at-least I’m not spamming empty messages and the admin give us a detailed explanation !

I agree that the site not working properly is very, very irritating, but i also know that mr admin is doing his best, he is putting a lot of time and work into making it work properly, and he is not trying to cover up his own mistakes, he is being transparent, changing hosts when necessary, he is working hard on it and he is apologetic.
What more do you want?
An expectation of perfection is setting yourself up for disappointment because life happens no matter what your expectations are, if you can only chide people for doing their best, being fully honest and then some then you sound like your a cold hearted person.

Besides, once things are working again BLF will go back to functioning correctly and we will all forget about this annoying time and life goes on, hopefully with improved relability.

There is always some trouble involved when you grow too big for your old host and have to move to another.. troubleshooting takes some time.

But you obviously arent active over at CPF, downtimes like the past days here are considered a normal day over there. ;)

It doesn’t just ‘appear’ impolite… :open_mouth: …it is.

Glad to be back!

Hi everyone, you probably noticed a brief blip. I just rebooted to refresh a configuration change. (Yes, I know it’s possible to reboot just specific services and not the whole system, but I changed the hostname, so rebooting was easiest in this case.)

Well, I think we’ll just assume you did something else irresponsible to knock the server offline every time and curse you because we paid good money for this service and your position here is due to the permission of everyone involved!….oh wait…no we didn’t…and we are here because of your work and your permission…. Thanks! its no problem! :slight_smile:

:wink: Thanks for the support.

OK, I’m done now.

couldn’t have put it better myself, cheers sb, your a good ’un :beer:

I think there is a bug where everything, including our user names, appears to be in italics (or even bolded)

hey... dont rat us out!

what happened was someone (wont name names) left out a closing tag on italics... and then some jerk did it with bold... some peoples children i tell ya

I have a feeling it’s me. :open_mouth:

But is our post count, etc supposed to be in italics as well?

What a strange bug.

We will always support you, SB! You’ve earned our undying support with all your efforts and generosity. Running this place takes time and is really a work of love for you, not a source of income like other sites that come to mind. We love you, brother!

While we all get irritated when the site is down, I can assure you that none are more irritated than SB. This site is not a source of income or full time job for him. It's a labor of love and I can guarantee he has better things to do than deal with all the issues that come along with changing hosts and sorting out the INEVITABLE issues that will ALWAYS arise from it.

You seem to think honesty is the best policy and that as long as one is stating how they really feel there is nothing wrong with it. Along with honesty comes another highly underrated social skill called tact, which you apparently know nothing of. Lack of tact (a keen sense of what to do or say in order to maintain good relations with others or avoid offense ) is probably why most people find you guilty of douchebaggery, myself included.

I, for one, am damn glad the site goes down once in a while.

I’d never get the grass cut otherwise.

Thanks very much to everyone for your support and understanding! It survived the night this time! :beer: :stuck_out_tongue:

We’re seeing fairly heavy traffic today, but the site seems to be holding up. With the exception of a few brief slowdowns (while the site search index is updated), I’m seeing pretty good performance too.

Good job keeping the site running Mr. Admin!
It would be great if you could add TapATalk support for this forum sometime, or maybe a Mobile theme with no ad pictures?

Sorry about the lack of Tapatalk support. I know it’s been requested several times by members. But it’s not looking good for Drupal support on Tapatalk, there was a brief push for development a few years back and nothing since then. The mobile theme is a more reasonable goal for the future. There are some really good Drupal themes that automatically adapt to mobile devices.