$10.99 MXDL SA-16

Finally arrived - haven’t used it outside but well worth the sale price and I think worth the current price for somebody that wants bells and whistles instead of getting a slightly more expensive Jacob A60 or paying a good deal more for a complete SF and then more still for all the bells and whistles included here (arguably not at the SF L2 quality level, but probably good enough for many buyers).

Was going to move the clip to my 2100 but will leave clip in place. Also planned to put the lanyard & attachment on my T6 2 cell but just slightly small ID to fit - may still relieve it to use it there.

Seems generally well thought out with some features of interest:

- Body is cut in two places for the clip to ride, at the point the pill screws into the body and also mid body.

- Screw in pill is pretty neat - screw the head off and it is an instant mule

- Lots of o-rings - double on the pill and on the lens

- Super easy to center the LED - unscrew bezel, pull lens, center reflector, reinstall lens with o-rings and bezel

- Positive tip isolation surprised me, missed it when looking over the earlier pics

- Switch is longer in on than off position & modes easy to change - I don’t have another like it but it tailstands just fine when turned on.

- More comfortable to hold than it looks - rings on body look like a great place for some exterior grip rings (using o-rings or heavy rubber washers) - something like the SkyRay SR5

- Very close to L2 size, but just a bit longer and heftier (especially at the tail cap)

• Hope we see replacement/alternative pills for this format as a competitor to drop-ins.

Beam is very ringy, but very functional - decent spill for such a tight hot spot.

1.25A on high; .26 on low

Plus, as others have said, the knurling on the tailcap is really nice - at least as nice (more dpi) as the body knurling on my L2 and better than it’s tailcap. Mine also re-sets to high if it sits a couple minutes.

Good deal for a complete light that someone might later want to build skills and test upgrades.

Edit to add: Outside at night this light is similar to but slightly behind the UF G4 MCU running 6v (2*CR123) in terms of brightness at the hot spot and throw. Spill and even rings are similar to the G4, also. Spot is just slightly bigger and spill might be slightly brighter. Not bad considering the smaller reflector and that it is pulling 5W+ instead of 11W+.

Yep, it has become my go to light for around the house.

Well mine arrived last monday…. except i missed the delivery so waited till wednesday to go pick it up from the post office, went there and collected it, started my walk home and thought id treat myself to a dinnertime pint :slight_smile: Several hours later after “getting the taste” of the good old fosters larger i set off home quite intoxicated :Sp Got in, put the kettle on for a much needed coffee and went to get the packet out from my jacket pocket…. what do you know?? GONE. Id obviously dropped it somewhere in my intoxicated state…… hmm do i retrace my steps?? NOPE…. light was only 4.99 on so put it down to my own stupid mistake.
2 days later at 7.30 in the morning im getting ready to go to work…then i hear a knock at the door and its a scarborough council litter picker stood there……WITH MY PARCEL IN HIS HAND!!! ” found this in the park yesterday mate” Of course it still had my address on it so thanks to the HONESTY of this decent bloke i got my light back!!!
Just goes to show there are some decent honest people left!!! :bigsmile:

That’s awesome! You could have given it to him as a thank-you gift. He would have loved it!

i gave him £5 to get himself a pint…… i really wanted the light!!! lol

Man, glad to hear there are some decent people still around here.

Thanks for sharing your account. Cheers! :beer:

[quote
i gave him £5 to get himself a pint…… i really wanted the light!!! lol[/quote]

I’m sure he enjoyed the pint :slight_smile:

doesn’t this look the same? :slight_smile:

YES :open_mouth:

I wonder if this will do 6v 2*CR123 like the Xeno - not enough to try it myself but maybe somebody who’s going to mod it would like to try it for the team. :slight_smile:

Never heard of this vendor before, but choice of color (?) and price is currently $5.95 if “In stock” is correct - free shipping on shipping tracking page???

http://www.izlight.com/product/mxdl-sa-16-7w-300-lm-super-bright-cree-led-flashlight-bronze.html

Is this site for real? Take this for example, XML-T6 Zoomie for 7.92$

it looks like they do take paypal

i think i might bite for 5.95 shipped and choice of black color

anyone order from izlight before??

No, but you can't lose at that price. I can't see how to choose color, though. If you add to cart - it selects bronze.

it says: If you do not message about with your colour preference (Bronze or Black), we will send at random, many thanks.

im going to order one… at this price i will gamble :slight_smile:

their checkout process seems shifty… i entered my shipping info and created an account

theres a box at the bottom of the page that says “write down your payment method and we will contact you shortly”

i put paypal in the box…. well see what they email over… at this point i will not pay through any means other than paypal

so after nearly 9 hours they still havent responded to my request for their paypal to pay for the order…

im cancelling the order…

AVOID.

LOL, 9 hours isnt long enough for some Chinese vendors, now, make that 24 hours :D!
The price seems too good, what about shipping?

i have no idea! there is one page that says freight is not included in the price and they will email based on address and then there is another page that says free shipping!?

sounds like if my order does ever go through it will take 8 months to arrive

were americans dammit - we want our stuff and we want it NOW! haha… seriously i dont mind waiting a bit here and there but their website is full of fail

It looks like it is, indeed.

i really do not want to bash their site, in fact if they contacted me i would prob go through with the order… ive dealt with dx and tmart mf etc so i understand overseas chinese dealers etc