12-Jul-2011: Tank007 E07 BLF Edition update

That it's always about money is a given...no argument there. It's more the failure to realize how much a simple thing like a well designed pocket clip would add to the overall product, and therefore increase sales.

Automating the manufacture of a clip like the one I designed is a simple affair and would add ~ $0.10 actual cost to each light, but Tank could mark it up a couple of bucks and give them a huge profit margin.

What's odd here is that they're willing to redesign the circuit (the original doesn't have modes and I assume no ucontroller) which is non-trivial, but won't do the clip. But to be fair, I don't think any of their lights have a clip so maybe their CEO has a pathological hatred of (or more likely they're not going to bother w/ new machining etc on a small item for a small order).

He hates these clips ..!!!

The Jerk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NxLtVG9_eg

I know the feeling! It's kind of funny how many of us can wait (even if we don't want to) over a month for some deliveries from DX ect..., yet the wait for the production of a special line is almost unbearable!

For the Asian markets I don't think clips on bigger flashlights are huge sellers. They already have clips on the penlight style flashlights (E06).

On a side note, I visited my friend at Tank007 today and checked out lots of their flashlights... very nice.

For clarification, we're talking about a clip for the E07 which is one of the smaller flashlights Tank makes...

Regardless, that's why I like modding... to make a light that fits my personal preferences. I still need to post up a quick "how-to" for the E07 pocket-clip, but probably wont be done until after vacation.

How many of these lights will be in production?

Pre-order deposit? I will definitely buy one.

Thanks!

Any news, Mr. Admin???

Is Manafont waiting for a batch of these lights?

Have they been produced?

What are the final specs (LED, tint, modes, price)?

Some of the above should be confirmed, at least from Tank to Manafont (I am sure that an order from one to other has some "fixed" issues)

We're still waiting on Tank007 to deliver the custom order to Manafont. I'll let everyone know as soon as they become available.

It sounds stupid, but... any chance I could order one _unassembled_?

It's a pain in the butt trying to get one open without destroying it.

Hi to all
Just arrived on BLF (but I've been a reader for several months), and look forward to the Tank007 BLF edition :)
wait, wait, wait...

Regards

Welcome ainu! And welcome to the waiting game. I am really excited for the BLF E07 too.

welcome also to BLF ainu. i like this custom E07. just wished the tk-737 made it through also.:)

You're gonna need to stop using that excuse .. vacation isn't that long ..use weather ,it's great one because too hot too cold it's always something:P

I wish this were possible as well... but doubt that a company would want to send out lights that way .. seems like their returns and rate of failures would be higher .Just be glad that the glue hasn't been drying for years .(never hurts to ask )

There's some holidays in Shenzhen because of the Summer Universiade (12-23 August).

When we can ordered some ? Does anybody know how I can order some of these beautyful Flashlight?

I want it now!