14500 Non- Rechargeable Battery?

Unless I am mistaken there is not a “NON Rechargeable” AA / 14500 sized cell that has a chemistry like the CR123A , that will give you the 3 to 3.7 volts you are asking about.
The Enigizer lithium primaries as mentioned several times in the thread , are probably going to be your best option as far as the NON rechargeable cells. They claim a 20 year shelf life also with these cells.
The Eneloop Pro are supposed to hold 85% of their charge for at least 12 months and may be the second best option for the particular lights you mentioned.

I am not sure if any of this information will help you or not but……….

The run time is good from the Eneloop pro in the SP10 A / B as I have had mine sitting here running for the last 180 minutes from a start on Turbo and left running , so the run time is good from the Eneloops. The light started at 251 lumens on a rested Eneloop pro at 1.37 Volts. From around 100 minutes the output remained virtually the same with 75 lumens at the 100 minute mark until I terminated the test with the light still making 73 lumens at 180 minutes. The cell was at 1.05 volts when I terminated the test.

Also here are the charts from my testing back when I reviewed the TK05…………

Thank you Robo819 for your very well written response. Your statement “Unless I am mistaken there is not a “NON Rechargeable” AA / 14500 sized cell that has a chemistry like the CR123A , that will give you the 3 to 3.7 volts you are asking about.” answers my question perfectly.

Your data/test results are very impressive & you are obviously an expert in understanding this new & exciting technology.

Yeah, was gonna ax what about those Li Energizers that were all the rage for digital cameras and the like.

I’m not sure about chemistry, but Saft and others make non-rechargeable lithium 14500 and 14250 3.6v batteries. We used to use them in our radio telemetry dog collars They’re kind of expensive.

Maybe switch to CR123A lights for this purpose, since those cells are widely available and not that expensive.

The Energizer Ultimate LI is supposed to run 5 to 7 times longer in cameras and such , but I have never Tested that theory.
They are really too expensive to just use all the time in like an EDC light for me , but for backup purposes and the long shelf life they have , would be well worth it to get a couple of 20 packs that would stay charged for emergency use over long periods for sure.

Glad to help when I can…… “expert” I am not………
Just another one of the many flashaholics on here that has picked up a lot of information from other forum members over time and I am still learning.

Saft LS, non rechargeable cells 3.6, volt very good but expensive.

I tried all six 3V cells in my new keyring EagleTac D25A Clicky with a Nichia 219C emitter. None was much brighter than a fresh Eneloop; in fact, two looked slightly dimmer. But a 3.7V IMR 14500 cell was noticeably brighter than either. I’ve decided to keep the 3.7V cell in the D25A and keep a 3V cell in my coin purse as a spare.

I’ve never used any in a light, but I use The Ultimate Lithium AA cells in my game camera and have been very happy with them. A set of 8 cells lasts for about 8-9 months in my camera, while taking several thousand photos, some daytime, and some nighttime, with the LED flash.
No leaks, not sensitive to cold weather, and maintain high output current until fully depleted. My admittedly untested thought is that they would make a good option to stock in an emergency/bug-out kit.