[15-JUN-2013] Another new server configuration

Clicking “My Subscriptions” (on the left) suddenly shows several threads that I never received email notifications for. With all of its ongoing problems, I just have to ask if other forums of this size and activity run well on drupal?

Drupal isn’t the problem. The issue is the configuration of arcane Unix SMTP mailer settings and domain name keys and SPF records and a whole lot of other stuff you probably don’t want to know about. Thanks to the spammers the entire worldwide email system is set up to instantly reject messages with the slightest anomaly in the headers. Let’s just say that due to my ignorance we have/had quite a few anomalies.

I just made another change to the configuration. I created a Juno account and a Yahoo account. On Juno, the messages were bouncing, i.e. not even being allowed into the spam folder. After making this change, emails arrive in the Juno inbox without issues. And now messages are at least arriving in the Yahoo spam folder. So it should work for most now. Please bear with me until I get the email configuration nailed down. Sorry for the hassles!

Wow, that’s some very personal trouble shooting! Thanks for your efforts SB!

Wow! Thanks! I didn't expect personalized service, and I'm probably the only forum user using Juno! I haven't noticed any notifications yet, but perhaps I need to unsubscribe / re-subscribe and post in some active threads to get them.

Thanks for all your hard work! (I can't imagine handling this on top of my day job and spare time chores!)

-Garry

Yay!!! Finally got an email notification! And it even went to my inbox and not my "junk mail" folder!

Thanks again SB!

-Garry

It sounds like enough to make you wanna pull your hair out! Im quite familiar with your meticulous nature in not willing to leave well-enough alone. :bigsmile: Thanks again for all of your hard work. Although, I suddenly started having all of my blf email notifications (hotmail) going to the spam folder a few weeks ago, it remained unresolvable by MS tech support. We tried everything! After several attempts to clear the problem, I finally set a mail rule to send all BLF traffic to its own folder… problem solved.

The problem I am suddenly having now is that I am only receiving a few email notifications. Clicking “My Subscriptions” revels many threads with “New” activity, yet I am only receiving email notifications for a few of them. I used to receive all the notifications, and many of them are not new subscriptions. Please let me know if I can provide more information to help you.

Great work, now I'm getting notifications again :)

Ditto, I just got 2 updates in my mailbox and nothing at all in my Spam folder….crossing fingers now :cowboy_hat_face:

I spoke too soon, they are going to my Spam folder again :Sp

I get email notifications again! It was a box in my account that was checked, when it wasn't before. Unchecked and it works now.

My email notifications are rolling in now, like normal.

Anyone else noticed that this thread takes forever to load: How did we do? (FastTech.com)
Especially when you click on the last post link?

It would’nt allow me to log in 10 min ago. There is still plenty of issues so it seems with this one.

It’s not loading at all for me.

Works fine here, just takes a few seconds to load.

Me neither.

I’ve had a lot of issues with this new server already. I don’t think it’s what I call an upgrade.

BLF is not loading well for me right now. Takes a long time, usually I give up as it takes a minute, then clicking again it might load in a few seconds. Strange.

It’s loading for me now.

I sometimes get the above message if I try to open BLF posts that either have a lot of pics or videos.

The problem is identified in the first two words of your comment title :smiley: