18350 Battery tubes for BLF A6, Eagle Eye A6 and X6, as well as codes for short Convoy S2+ tubes in Blue and Red!

dumb question, but what is the attraction of the ‘bare’ mini tube? The A6 is black, and people will be using the bare with the black? So, black and silver? Is that it? Enlighten me please, thanks.

There’s a black A6 and a bare A6 and now short tubes for both.

The only dumb thing is not to ask!

A bare, un-anodized version of the BLF A6 Special Edition was sold alongside the black, anodized flashlight.

Well, it even happens to me…

I got my bare tube in, it didn’t fit… the threads were cut too large.

LOL, I got a hold of Banggood CS via their webpage and got a new one on the way…

I did send in some pics for them, I kind of know that is part of the deal, they need to pass on the reason for the resend it seems…

well that makes sense. I would like to have one of those. Thanks for clearing that up.

HERE is the code page

HERE is the light on Banggood…

They are much nicer than I thought, I initially did not like the idea of a non-anodized light, kind of reminded me of the old Grumman canoes, but this is much nicer…

Now think how nice a polished Titanium A6 would be…

Can’t get the light to work with the shorty tube

Just received 2 Keeppower 18350’s from BG
http://www.banggood.com/1PCS-Keeppower-IMR-18350-3_7V-750mAh-Electronic-Cigarette-Battery-p-981561.html

Topped up the batteries with an Xtar MC1, both took about an hour to go from red to green.

Already had the A6 shorty tube
http://www.banggood.com/BLF-A6-Flashlight-18350-Body-Extension-Tube-p-1012718.html

Put on the o-rings, lubed the threads but no go.

With the regular tube and a 30Q and the tail cap off the light works using a paper clip to make the connection but doesn’t work with the shorty tube and 18350’s

Seems battery related but both of them

Any ideas welcome

cheers

on the short tube i received, the driver side threaded end was made a little short. No contact was being made driver side. Overall tube length was fine, just short on that side.

I would try the paperclip ring in the front of the light, the tube may be too short. If the ring works with the short tube, you have a bs (built short, what did you think i meant?) tube, let banggood know.

Stand the long and the short tube next to each other on a flat surface, head end down. The shoulder where the knurled section should be the same height… If not, take a pic and send it to banggood…

Sorry to hear about this…

Does this make sense

djozz had suggested I check to make sure the anodizing was not blocking the connection as it was on his unit. After a little sanding I could get a connection using a paperclip but only with the tube in backwards (ie long end towards the front)

Comparing the tubes the short tube threads are shorter so it may not be able to make a connection no matter how hard I sand

I just got my short tube Monday and thought I had a BS (ha!) tube. Made the paperclip ring and it worked. When I went to take some pictures to get a replacement tube, I took out the ring and REALLY tightened it down. It works fine now. I don’t think I’m going to bother with the paperwork.

Try giving it an extra twist, see if that works.

And be sure the o-ring is in the second slot from the end or it will stop on the head threads before its fully seated.

i received 3 bare short tubes today with the same issue. I guess I will make contact soon also.

The tubes aren’t interchangeable on the A6 and X6 hosts. I wonder if they made the wrong ones bare.

FYI, when I first installed the short tube for my Blue S2+, the flashlight didn’t operate right. It would intermittently go off and on.

Upon closer inspection, I discovered that the blue finishing coat had minutely bled over the edge. The amount was nearly invisible to the naked eye. In fact, it looked sufficiently “clean” that I didn’t think that it was the cause of my problems. So, I was surprised that a very light sanding of the edge of the tube (like 5 seconds with a fine grit sandpaper) restored the flashlight to 100% operation.

Just thought I’d add this tidbit of information to the group’s collective memory trove.

Just got my bare A6 shorty in the mail, and it’s the wrong threads with no o-rings. CS, here i come!

Sheesh, I will get a hold of Neal… This could be a run of bare X6 tubes…

Neal is on it, he is going to make sure the warehouse tests them first and check all those in stock…

That’s a bummer. It looks like a nice part…flat threads on the tube compared to the sharp threads on my A6 in the pics below. Sorry for quality, iPhones don’t do macro well. :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually, looking at the stock photo on the BG website, the pics have the same flat threads as the one i received, not the sharp V’s that are on the A6.