18350 Battery tubes for BLF A6, Eagle Eye A6 and X6, as well as codes for short Convoy S2+ tubes in Blue and Red!

you are pretty observant … it took me a while to figure this out. I thought u had mistaken me for another. Even after close to 4 years of this stuff I know very little. It’s a wonder I haven’t hurt myself. My place is a mess, flashlights and accessories everywhere. All the boxes and manuals all over the place. I know some of the lights I have are programmable, but which, and how?

one thing is good, the BLF X6 18350 tube is right, and it is on the X6 triple you (dale) made for me. Most excellent. Thank you once again sir!

Happy 2016

No wonder he fight back...his light isn't long enough

Anybody own a thread gauge and know how to use it?

I’d sure like to know which threads on which lights are made to any known specification.

The idea of interchangeable parts seems to be missing something here.

Just seeing that cell go in with the button top at the rear, over and over and over, man! Killin me over here!

I’m talking about his Avatar of course. :stuck_out_tongue:

The triple X6 with this shorty tube is just a school-girl-giggler for sure, can’t help yourself, it’s such a cute little light and the output is ridiculous, just gotta grin real big and belly laugh. All there is to it.

I received my A6 short tube recently and it was a rough fit and managed to kill my A6. Not sure how it did it but the light is dead now. My red S2+ tube arrived today though and that fit was perfect and my S2+ works like a charm with the same battery that I used on the A6. I’m not sure what to do next with my dead A6 and ill fitting short tube.

Try bypassing the tailcap (directly connect the battery negative terminal to the end of the body tube). If the flashlight works, then the problem is with the tailcap. I’d check the continuity of the tailcap first by connecting a lead to the spring and a lead to the inside edge of the tailcap (where the body marries up to the tailcap). If the switch fails the continuity check, then you’ll need to disassemble the tailcap and continue troubleshooting.

If the flashlight doesn’t work after bypassing the tailcap, then the problem has something to do with the head. That would be either the driver, the led, or the connections.

In any case, if you get to this point, I suggest you seek help here: BLF A6 FET+7135 Light Troubleshooting and Mod thread

Sigh. So after a month. My tube is here. And too wide. Does not thread on. Do I need to video this for a replacement?

:frowning:

Having mixed feelings about the A6 tube shipped by Banggood on Nov. 11 not showing up yet. Yesterday I told them that six other orders, shipped after the tube order, had arrived but the tube order was MIA.

Received a very GB-like “Go to the post office”, “Is this the correct address?” (SIX subsequent orders arrived!) “We could refund.”

Told them I really wanted the tube — but after reading the issues in this thread, maybe not. Fortunately the 18350 tube that came with my Astrolux (shipped Nov. 19, rec’d Dec 17) works fine.

UPDATE:

Just received the following from Banggood: “We could refund the payment to you so that you could replace it later yourself, is that ok?” No offer to reship. I agreed to the refund. So, where can one replace this tube later by oneself, other than at Banggood?

When you say killed do you mean it no longer works with the longer tube or just that it doesn’t work with the short tube?

With these bare tubes it’s not necessary for the tube to seat onto the brass rings to make contact so if it screws together it should work. If it doesn’t then something else went wrong. Cold solder joints on the driver or emitter. Insulation cut on emitter wires caused by scissoring of pill and mcpcb’s. Driver retainin ring loose or tight but not pressing down on driver. Same for switch retaining ring. Switch sits too far in and is partially pressed by the rubber button holding the switch open (trim the rubber post).

Finally received a favourable reply from the same CS after I replied to her bluntly that this issue is widespread at BLF and she should check with Neal first on this problem, else I would go direct to PayPal for a claim of defective product.

Decided for a refund of US$2.50 instead of a go around for a reship of another tube that may or may not fit into my BLF A6.

Yikes ! Waited a month for the bare tube and it won’t fit. Can’t even complete a ticket, BG’s site won’t accept the video file(shot with my phone).
Sigh…such hassle for a tube less than the cost of a cup of latte :frowning:
If I re-order, is there a special item link I should use to get the one with the correct thread ? Thnx.

Well. I submitted a refund request and due to time of day got confirmation of refund within a couple hours. Outstanding. No video etc needed.

I’ll try reordering once I see people getting working tubes.

At this point, the only sure bet is this one: http://www.banggood.com/BLF-A6-Flashlight-18350-Body-Extension-Tube-p-1012718.html

and remove the anodized finish yourself. “[link]”:removing anodising :~

if you are saying this is for the A6 light, you are mistaken. This is the one I ordered and doesn’t fit. Just trying to save another some time and pain. Hopefully someone will address the Forum if they can iron this out. For sure me and others are very interested in this tube.

It’s a link to the black one which does fit.

AFAIK, only a couple of the A6 regular short tube threads failed to screw in at all. The other failures were due to threads being too short and could be made to work by bridging them with conductive rings.

Whereas 100% of the A6 bare short tubes (reported to date) have failed. None of their threads fit.

So, if I needed a short bare tube, I would order the anodized one and strip it with oven cleaner. :~

A short bear tube … :bigsmile:

I’ll wait for a bare one. Don’t feel like stripping one… Though maybe the anodized threads are a good idea.

Still waiting for the regular extension tube for A6 (not the bare one), order 12 dec. Have receved after 2 weeks (record!) the tiny Keeppower 18350. Pay for the tracking (with standard shipping) but looking at that, is still in China…

Use your email and the email of CS from Banggoods contact page, not the contact form, they only allow 2mb on the form…

The cost is not much, but the frustration is, it does look like the whole batch was made with threads too big. Neal has the manufacturer involved. I too bear part of the blame, I did not request a bare sample tube after the second set of anodized tubes were approved.

I wonder how much kcd someone like MEM could squeeze out of that X6. I’m getting over 50kcd with stock reflector, XP-E2 R3 dedomed, 2 A driver and I really like this mini thrower, but I’d like to see someone like MEM maxing this thing out with triple optics (collar+2 lenses)… I’d be all over that.