18350 Battery tubes for BLF A6, Eagle Eye A6 and X6, as well as codes for short Convoy S2+ tubes in Blue and Red!

Recieved my email a few days ago that my replacement bare 18350 tubes have shipped. Although the original item would not work, it has been nothing but a positive experience with the support staff in making it right.

The stainless steel and copper ones? Or the Eagle Eye X6 hosts, or the XPL HI version sold on aliexpress?

The second two should work, the first will not… I do not have any X6’S yet…

I am referring to the new XPL Hi version sold on aliexpress. I am under the impression that the threads and body is different on the XPL hi vs the original x6 and blf x6 SE.

I thought it was only the emitter swapped, no idea why they would have changed everything else. Perhaps someone here that bought one and had an older X6 can chime in?

I ordered both short tubes on Dec 27.

Bare from CN warehouse - delivered very quickly

Black from USA warehouse - just received on Thursday 1/14/2016- from Vientiane, Laos ! Laos?!?

BOTH of my tubes function fine.

I'm lucky.

I think the knurling is different and the reflectors are different as well.

Here is a picture comparison

He says the threads are different shapes. But would the short tube still be interchangeable?

The only way to know is if someone has both so they may try.

I have both the BLF X6 and the EE X6 XP-L HI from the AliExpress store, the short EE A6 tube from Banggood fits both.

Thanks khas

Initially, I bought a few X6 shorty tubes and a couple of A6 tubes. Everything fit as promised. I bought 3 or 4 more of the X6 tubes as that combo is really awesome. So just now, due to the questions, I tried fitment on a few varieties of X6.

SS/Cu Special Edition X6 - Yes
Bangood EE X6 - Yes
Ali-Express direct from manufacturer - Yes

All the X6’s I have here, with the exception of the Titanium X6 from Rey, can use these black shorty tubes. (Not going to disgrace my Ti X6 even trying it, sorry) :slight_smile:

So I can put a wood handle on my SS/Cu SE X6 without chopping up the SS tube? Sweet!

This is how a modder defines original sin.

I wonder how long it will be before Dale turns a Ti shorty tube.

I don’t have the tools to turn square threads. Yet.
I’d really love to have a mill so I could cut more trit windows. I think the Ti X6 would be awesome with matching trits in the tail, but then, there goes the budget… (AS IF this was a budget light to begin with! Yeah, sure, keep it under $500 and we’re in budget, thanks. My financial advisor would frown very heavily on that kind of budget. )

Your financial advisor is a very forgiving person already.

You do have a mill… Mount the end mill cutter in your chuck and the flashlight body to your cross slide tooling mount…

Thanks for the cross check on the lights as well.

My single bare tube doesn’t fit. They asked me for pictures of the packaging as though I kept the packaging. I informed them it didn’t fit on 1/11 and I followed up, so we’ll see. Hopefully they send my replacement soon.

Mine was supposedly shipped on the 11.11.2015…still haven’t received it…

So, after 39 days the short tubes arrived at my house, but it won’t fit, shit!
The thread for tailcap is ok and it fit well, but the part for the head don’t fit…so frustrating…I’ve try with my EEX6 too, but it don’t fit too.
I’ve take an unboxing video, will take a coupple of photo, will write, will wait another 40 days…what a wasted of time…. :frowning:

The only think positive is the small flashlight look good, if one day will work.

I finally received my BLF-A6 shorty tube from Banggood (ordered November 18 so 8+ weeks later…) and it appears to fit but doesn’t work with an 18350 battery.
Can someone please tell me is this the problem discussed above and what the solution may be?
There seem to be so many variations discussed its doing my head in!
It looks like the head end of the shorty tube makes contact with the brass retainer but is this where the problem lies?

Annoying Anecdote:
When I first bought the flashlight I ordered a shorty tube but got caught out by Banggood listing the Eagle Eyes shorty tube under the listing “BLF A6 Flashlight 18350 Body Extension Tube” and making it the default selection so without realising I hastily ordered the Eagle Eyes which they very promptly sent off before I realised my mistake…
Now two months after paying again and re-ordering the correct tube I see it doesn’t work. Arrrrgh!

Ok, the bare tubes are not working on this first round. My sincerest apologies to all waiting for good ones.

Now, part of why I like BLF so much, another member with a bad bare tube has made lemonade out of his lemon…

Post #184 on the thread shows the bare tube fits Skilhunt 18650 headlamps… (page #7 if you are on “view 30 per page”)

My bare shorty tube came today after 4+ weeks in the mail. Lucky me, the threads are completely wrong and won’t work at all with my A6. Going to contact banggood. Kind of pissed off that I had to wait to receive it to learn of this issue… If banggood knew that this batch was wrong, they should have been notifying us and shipping replacements ASAP.