18350 Battery tubes for BLF A6, Eagle Eye A6 and X6, as well as codes for short Convoy S2+ tubes in Blue and Red!

Where can we get the X6 shortie ?

Buy a normal X6 an a short tube. For the short tube look at the opening post under “UPDATE 11/10” and select at Banggood the “Eagle Eyes 18350”-Version.

Giorgoskok,

That information is in the OP:

Just choose “Eagle Eye 18350” in the link above. Don’t forget to use the discount code at checkout. :wink:

I thought it was for Eagle Eye A6…. Thanks guys :wink:

It is for the Eagle Eye A6, too. The EE A6 and EE X6 are interchangeable.

The Manker A6/BLF A6 is not interchangeable with the EE A6.

Too many A6’s floating around! :evil:

What Legoes with What?

Note even some “exactly the same” lights don’t Lego, so all we can say is what we find with what we have in hand.

I suspect there are big bins of flashlight parts somewhere, and those assembling them reach in, pick out one of each part, try to screw them together — if they’re too tight or too loose or it doesn’t work toss the parts back and pick more til they fit together.

(*It’s like what they say about roofers — half the nails they pull out of the bag have the head on the wrong end, so they throw those in your driveway.)

Received my bare short BLF A6 tube. Does not fit; wrong threads :frowning: Oh well.

There is just no legit excuse fo this. China QC sucks. :Sp

So they sent me the wrong bare tube. I complained and they sent a replacement. The replacement is identical to the one they sent originally. They are both wrong. I am not happy. BangGood starting to be BangBad especially with the quality of service I’ve been receiving.

Yes, I think the problem is not going to be resolved before the end of CNY….

I had the same thing happen with mine, first one bad, second one the same, bad.

If we look at it like the entire 400 or whatever amount was done at once and shipped to Banggood, then none will fit that are ordered prior to them pulling the lot a couple of weeks ago.

I know the new lot is yet to be made, and when it is, I will get one shipped to make sure it works on the bare BLF A6 light I have.

I do think it is not fair to attack Banggood over anything but the acceptance QC, that was not done and the entire lot looked to be bad. With the variable shipping times and methods, pretty much anyone getting a tube that was ordered over two weeks ago when the tube was still on Banggoods site will get a “bad” one. Banggood pulled the item en mass and is working to get it re built to our specs, so they do deserve some credit. At $5 each, this is not a high margin item and I bet this recall/rebuild is costing them any profit they may have made. This is a BLF item, so they are just trying to do right by us…

Not if they’re paying attention

Take a look at what khas did with the bare tubes that didn’t fit the A6:

If you set for 300 responses per page that will be Group Buy Active >> Skilhunt H15 and more >> Review Inside

All they have to do is rename the item and identify which lights it will Lego with, and double the price.
Or wait til WE figure out which lights the “mis-made” tubes will Lego with, of course, that’s more likely.

Further down that thread, khas comments “It works on the H15 as well”

Whoda thunkit? Well, it had to fit SOMETHINGs

Yeah, I think that the threads are from a Skilhunt run… But they would have to at least anodize the tubes, and match the color and ensure the anodizing build up did not prevent them from threading before they would be defect free…

But that is actually good marketing to find another use for things that are byproducts… Chicken wings come to mind…

Chuckle. So say they were made for Skilhunt (but rejects, not taking into account that anodizing would change the size a bit)
then maybe shipping them off to folks here was the first “chicken wing” attempt to get rid of them another way
“Hey, I know some people who want bare tubes …” — some guy who didn’t understand the problem, hypothetically

We’ve never had anyone on BLF who could actually explain how threading is defined and checked.
Given that I’d guess most China light manufacturers also find that area of education lacking.

Probably the people who demonstrate the ability to actually make threads to spec are all captured by big industry building atomic power plants and fast trains and aircraft.
At least I hope so.

This is what I’m doing with my four bare A6 shorty tubes:

I lose money on the shipping, but hopefully, these tubes will find some use somewhere. :slight_smile:

Hank,

If you are trying to come across as a condescending needle stick, your doing a great job.

You know so much, yet actually contribute so little. Words are cheap, as are ideas and policies and anything else ignored or worse yet, not communicated to the people doing the actual work. More than likely, the wrong specs were given to the worker and the parts were made to the specs in hand. Managers cause more quality issues than workers and the process is controlled by management. Please look in those books on your shelf at the works of W. Edwards Deming, he did not like management, and more than likely would have disdain for someone such as your self, making quality in words and not action.

As smart as you portray yourself here (easy on the net anyway) I have yet to see that your super brain has found the thread measurement end of the internet and helped us here by posting it. Not the vaunted three wire method of checking the cross section of a threaded component, but something more mundane, such as gauge. Feel free to elaborate to us knuckle draggers and window lickers on the finer points of thread measurement and description, maybe some it will stick. Or learn Chinese in any of the dialects and then describe it fluently to those in manufacturing directly at Manker or wherever, I am sure you will be well received.

You consistently speak disparagingly of the Chinese as a people, this shows what kind of man you are, I thought all Californians were accepting and tolerant sorts. Bob Ross may be able to paint with a broad brush, but you are no Bob Ross. The factory did screw up, and Banggood did not check the part before shipping. Banggood has since then pulled all parts, offered refunds or replacements and will be getting a new batch made to the correct specifications and shipping them. That is honor in my opinion. Honor is fixing a mistake, not preventing one or opining on a policy you could introduce to “fix” an issue before it arises. Passive-aggressive hatred toward the Chinese as a people, due to the mistakes that happen during manufacture, is simply despicable. You do understand not every culture is like the one here in America, right? Hell, across America there are how many cultural differences? What if the worker HAS to do what the boss says, or they go to jail, lose their job, shame their family or any other thing that is culturally different there than it is here. How do your American policies and culture fix that Hank?

Keep on doing what you do Hank, I will retort when I feel you crossed the line. I do not tolerate your attitude as I perceive it here and will reiterate: Action speaks volumes, words are cheap, quit being a bigot toward all the Chinese due to a flashlight not being made right….

Now in spite of me sending a picture of the wrong piece they sent, they are arguing with me saying that they couldn’t have sent the wrong one. This is BangGood’s quality of service.

They can be fixed using a drill, a bolt, some tape, and a small triangular file. I use carriage bolts with the head cut off for lots of things. In this case wrap enough masking tape around the bolt so the tube just barely fits. It needs to be snug. Then with the drill turning slowly allow the file to ride in the thread starting 1/3 of the way across. Do both ends 10 times then flip the part on the drill and repeat. Starting part way across keeps the file from slipping at the start and messing it up. At some point you’ll want to spin the threads on some sandpaper to bring the thread OD down to 21.5mm but not at first or you’ll lose the groove. Then continue until the flats are pointed once more and it should be good. If it threads on but is still sticky, put a dab of silicon grease on the threads and twist it on/off several times wiping off the aluminum laden grease and reapplying it. This one came out smooth with less slop than the factory tube and took 1 1/2-2 hrs. The gaps are there because the threads were cut longer than the stock tube but both ends are fully seated. It will take some sanding on the ends to close the gaps.

Got my A6 (black) and EE short tubes today, and was positive supraised that they work without any issues. The EE short tubes works on EE X6 (of course) and BLF X6 (Al set, but also SS/Cu set, but then the color do not fit).
The BLF A6 short tubes works on my BLF A6 lights. All 7 lights is from the first batch from that GB.

So ordered some more tubes, so I have to all lights if I need to, or giving away a light or something like that.

I received my replacement bare short tube from BG and… wrong dimensions again. It’s a pretty long thread to read through…
So maybe someone has a short answer :wink:
Is there any hope to get a correct bare short tube from BG?
I already ordered batteries and would like to use them.

Just a lucky guy or that’s a new batch in town?
Anyway, still waiting my 2° A6 short tubes.
Not hungry anymore, just sit & wait.