18350 Battery tubes for BLF A6, Eagle Eye A6 and X6, as well as codes for short Convoy S2+ tubes in Blue and Red!

Quick and dirty, it looks like a rested Efest purple 18350 does ~986 lumens on the A6. :wink:

Edit: 1042 on a second, also well rested cell.

Which Tint?
1A and 3D or 5A. 5A would be fantastic for an 18350 battery.

New to the list. I want 1 tube total, anodized. Thanks

I have the same 18350 and it was pulling 3.82A on my SE A6 I just got in. No way to measure lumen for me, but plenty bright! I do not have the sample 18350 tubes yet, so I just jammed the one lead down the regular tube to measure the amps… Thanks for some real numbers DB!

I want 2 tubes total, I have one anodized already, please add 1 more bare one.

Thanks,
Mike

Batteries ————————-Heads (one spring bypassed, the other stock)

——————————-
Spring Bypass Head With Samsung 20R——- Stock Head With Samsung 20R

————————-
SoShine in Spring Bypass Head—————- SoShine in Stock Head

——————————
Efest in Spring Bypass Head —————— Efest in Stock Head

I got in an Efest 18350 from RMM’s Mountain Electronics, and a Pair of SoShine 18350’s I had ordered from FastTech a while before all this started. I ran them on my SE A6’s, both are 1A/CW if it matters. I also ran a Samsung 20R (also Mountain Electronics) for a control, as this is the highest drain battery I own, this was a control to show that the 18350’s were not pulling more.

Surprising results as you see above… Incredible to think that a light like this in stock form can pull 4.5 Amps from an 18650 and almost 4 Amps from an 18350.

The Spring Bypass Mod seems worth it, I did mine with 22Ga Silicone wire, and I will enjoy the additional brightness/Amp draw on my lights…

Manker is almost complete with the test samples on these tubes. As soon as I have one and check it out, I will post the results here…

Nice test. Looking forward to your description of the tubes. Thanks!

Sorry, I think this A6 is a 5A tint, much warmer than I usually prefer. And it makes noticeably less power as well. I’ll probably change it to a V6 3D soon enough… might put a V6 2B HI in it.

Ok, just stuck an HI in it, a V3 2B variant (yeah yeah, I know, the V6 isn’t out, brain was stuck on the 3D)

It pulls 5.3A on an LG HE-2 for 1224.75 lumens, no spring bypasses.

Efest 18350 does 1173 pulling 4.51A through a short 12ga solid wire out of a Romex 12/2.

It is worth it…. Do I get to say “FIRST!!!” Missed it by that much…

V3 2B XP-L HI from RMM at Mountain Electronics … Love the place…

I pulled the 5A off my BLF/Alex Wells copper mcpcb and put the HI in it’s place, then did the above measurements. You snooze you looze! :stuck_out_tongue:

Gonna have to pull the internet code of silliness out on you… Pics or it didn’t happen… LOL

I was outside having fun with it for about 45 minutes before I came in to post this… Getting toward a full moon, only here on BLF is that a bad thing…

I would like one anodized

Ok, what gives here? Call me stupid, but do our A6s unscrew where this pictures shows? Mine unscrews right below the lettering. I can’t get mine to unscrew where this one shows. Does it? And how?

I would really like to know what the beam is like with XP-L HI…

Thanks,
-Chuck

BLF Special Special Edition A6

If you remove the head from the light where the battery tube is and grip the part with the BLF SE engraving part you should be able to do this. It was tight at first, but there was no threadlocker on mine…. Try gripping it in one of those jar opener silicone grabber thingies…

Tighter, but no C8, definitely got a bit more projection. I hesitate to say throw, but it tightens the beam some. I like the 2B tint quite a lot better than the 1A, which is normally ok by me.

Do you see any yellow in the hotspot of the 2B? - I have a 3B and while it is nice outside, inside it is pretty yellow.

Thanks,
-Chuck

Spring bypasses top and bottom allow the V3 2B HI to pull 5.63A and make 1417.95 lumens. A jump from 5.30A and 1224.75. I also put an Omten switch in it. I didn’t run the bypass through the pcb though, my drill is out babysitting the new lathe.

Hot spot is white. Very nice. Would be tighter still if a reflector could be found this short with a mirror finish. I might hand polish this one and get rid of the orange peel, but not tonight.

No yellow, I am not liking the yellow myself. It is more of a creamy white, with a couple of blueberries in the blender… sooo slight a hint of blue it is barely there inside on a white wall… Outside is a bright white, slightly less than neutral, nowhere near as blueish as 1A

Now the 3D is a nice white on the SE A6… creamy and no hint of yellow to me…