18350 Battery tubes for BLF A6, Eagle Eye A6 and X6, as well as codes for short Convoy S2+ tubes in Blue and Red!

Right now, the two I have for testing are the Efest from RMM at Mountain Electronics, and the SoShine 18350 Fasttech. I am also asking Neal about a coupon for either Nitecore or Keeppower on Banggood for shipping with the tubes, but he has been busy with the A6 issues as well… Stay tuned…

No one here has to offer any reasons for getting off the list. I know the X6 incompatibility is frustrating, and I have even had members PM me asking if the tubes will fit the SE A6 they just received…

The goal is to fit the SE A6 from Manker. We can all be ticked off about the perception that we were screwed by some shifting specs on this light, but we got a heck of a good light for $25….

I bought ten of the things, none were DOA and while side by side with my stock Eagle Eye A6 I bought months ago, they are not the same, the Eagle Eye falls by the wayside for UI, Brightness, and even tint (EE is NW, one of each tint on the Manker A6, and I like all those tints better). The EE finish is better, threads tighter, general workmanship is better, but this is when the light is not on that I notice these things…. Lights have a binary state, and both states influence their impression of them. On and Off are flashlight states, I will take the superior ON state over the inferior OFF state everytime….

Read my PFlexPRO M1 review if you want further information on this. It is simply a Convoy M1 on the outside, the function/build quality sets it apart, way apart. The same with this SE A6 in my opinion. I do not mind the looser threads, anyone that actually uses their A6 and has a possibility of getting dirt into them will understand this… I really would have liked the ability to lego with other lights, but what other lights lego across brands right now?

I want to make this light better with a short body tube. By better, I mean more versatile, more carry-able with the short body in some situations. There is no holy grail of flashlights, or this forum would be a single post of “BUY THIS LIGHT” and a whole bunch of boring replies echoing the feeling of pulling a sword from a stone and realizing you are king or queen of your personal light that will do everything for you….

We learn from lessons past, build those lessons into the future plans and continue on to work against the entropy in every situation… I am not complaining, nor am I forgetting, just filing this all away for the next time. Without the next time, what else would we be here for? This tube is the next time, it will fit the SE A6 that we all just purchased, or this Group Buy will not happen, simple as that…

Anyone who wants off this list is free to post why, feedback is good, but feel no obligation here to have to post why.

Thanks for offering this option but please remove me from the list at No. 330.

Up through the final approval of the last samples, this one was darn close.

The sword came out of the stone OK, but the hilt feels a little loose….

I’m on the list for 4. Can you Change me to 3? 2 bare, 1 black.

Remove me from the list please, I wanted this to make a X6 triple XP-L shorty.

You can take me off this list.

I eagerly await availability of a short tube made with threads to match the lights I have that match each other - the X6-SE, and Convoy S2 and S2+
because I’m sure I’ll transfer the driver and emitter to a host with matching threads at some point.

For my household, the Manker A6 threads are a mistake I can live with.
But it’s a mistaken variation not to be repeated by buying more to match that one.

The problem someone stated well in the other thread>

Fine. Once. Not again.

Let’s move forward — not sideways.

Now if they DO fix the thread for the rest of the flashlight production run
just a hope, mind you
Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available
— obviously that’s what I want and I’ll stay on the list.

I have six EE X6-SE since the threads don’t match X6. I do not need three of these.
Please remove me from the list. (155, 156, 286)
Thanks for offer.

OK, now that is clarified with the anodizing, I understand what you mean…. As of now, the price is $4.50 with one clip. I do not deal in should…. It will be what it will be…

Right now, I am using strike out too keep the list straight, as I anticipate more changes +/- over the next couple of weeks before production starts…

I’m not sure yet, I wanted to lego mine too, so I’m thinking take me down from 3 to 2 for now. Any word on lanyard vs clips? Certainly dont want more of those :stuck_out_tongue:

2 18350 tubes, 1 black, 1 aluminum (I wonder if they will work with a 16340 and an o ring?)

They should… Will let the thread know when I get my hands on one… I know the Convoy S2+ 18350 I started this idea with did…

Just clips for now…

I wonder what would happen if a tube with fine threads for the new A6 were chucked up in a lathe and the matching course threads of an X6 were run into it? Would there be 2 sets of threads, such that each light would work on the same tube or would the re-threading destroy the existing threads?

I don’t know, yet, how to machine. Maybe I can find this out… seems likely it’s not a beginner project. :wink:

But I’m thinking, if the fine threads are loose, the bore is large. So if the coarse threads are cut to match the other light, surely there would be enough difference, both in pitch and in depth, to allow this to work? If not, a helicoil? :bigsmile:

I’m on the list for 2, #53 and #54 richnpc. Could you please remove 1?

I kind of doubt there would be enough material left to still function. It’d be awfully sparse.

Dale. If it did by any chance leave any material left it would be terribly weak. I'm guessing there is about a .25mm difference in pitch.

Agreed. 99.9% of the time completely wipes out the original threads but nowhere near enough material for new threads to be left behind.

Well, then it’d be time for some JB Weld. :slight_smile: Wax the male threads, wad up some JB Weld Water Weld on the cleaned out side, screw em together and wait 10 minutes. Presto! New threads, perfectly sized. :slight_smile:

(While this SHOULD work, I honestly have no idea if it actually will. Who’s gonna try?)

Congratulations Dale, you have just volunteered.

I’m in for 2 anodized

Done, #’s 104, 105

If you have requested on the list and do not see your name, do a Ctrl+F and search for it. With those that have been withdrawing due to the thread incompatibility issues with the X6, I have been lining them out and am replacing names instead of doing one big shuffle…

Thanks everyone!