18350 Battery tubes for BLF A6, Eagle Eye A6 and X6, as well as codes for short Convoy S2+ tubes in Blue and Red!

I'll take one bare and one anodized BLF A6

Any updates on a deal for 18350 batteries?

I’m in for one BLF A6 anodised

Put me down for a bare BFL A6 tube as well, thanks! :bigsmile:

I have asked for a deal with the Keeppower that Banggood stocks. It was the best of the four brands I have tested, even beating out the Efest by a tiny bit.

I will update if we get a battery deal as well….

+1 for me please (anodized BLF A6)

Another battery option, as always, HKJ does outstanding testing…

Put me for 1 bare BLF A6 tube please.
cheers

In no way am I knockin HKJ's excellent reviews but Just coz it's been tested and given the nod, doesn't mean it STILL ain't a XXXFIRE.

Things could go wrong with that XXXBRANDING. But I guess that's true of any battery.

Still, I adamantly exclude XXXFIRE'S from my lineup.

As a general discriminatory move, that will keep you in the good stuff for years, you should not go wrong with that method. I have had good luck with the stuff HKJ reviews like these 18350’s and 14500 windyfire batteries that RMM sells. They have all tested better on my Liitokala 500 than the labels say, and I have expanded my very pessimistic view onto some other specific batteries.

As always, to each their own, but I was just posting an option here for others that may want to explore the “off” brands…

XXXfire

Always read all the way to the bottom of HKJ’s reviews. He says that’s an “average” cell and they’re not consistent (so don’t use 2 in series).
It’s the inconsistency that’s always the problem — if the few he got varied by that much, how much variation will there be in a dozen or a hundred?
Question is always “what’s the worst that could happen.”

(Of course, that’s always the question for any supposedly interchangeable part cough threads cough.

I must admit though, I did purchase a couple WindyFIRES..

First off Hank, I do read all the way to the bottom of HKJ’s review, always. I am resenting that you seem to think I do not, but perhaps it is just your self absorption. If that ivory tower in Berkeley you live in ever comes down, the irony will be that it was caused by something unforeseeable at the time. Later, of course, your successor will be cautioning others about what is now a foreseeable event, so we cannot live in ivory towers now…

Emphasis added is mine, they are high current cells, we can both agree that the BLF A6 will be brighter with high current cells, yes? Even if only “average”?

Part of quality systems is improvement, we can agree that identifying good (or better, or in this case only average) items is an adjunct to improvement, yes?

Without identification of improvement (in this case a fire battery that is average, an actual improvement for**fire), the market for these cheaper batteries will flail about and crap ones will be sold at a rate of the good ones due to random selection. Therefore without being able to identify the good (in this case good being simply average, for less price than other “better” ones).

When the market is able to identify good from bad, the bad ones will not sell and therefore not be in any way profitable. This should help the demise of a bad product, over the long term.

I thank HKJ for some very thorough and objective testing so I can identify good from bad where the appearance means little.

This light takes one cell, so the warning on variability is moot to me, you have latched on to one thing to bring up other doubts. Is there an international standard for LiIon Battery specs? i.e. variability within certain levels? Not that I can tell, so I interpret information like HKJ provides with my own experience and decide what risk to take…

Theory and reality being what they are, both have their own variances. I think it laughable that you are still complaining about the thread issues. We all got hit by that, to continue to bring it up gets old.

Did you even purchase any BLF A6’s? If so, besides the threads and other issues, did you keep them? Any joy out of them?

Have you actually ever threaded anything on a lathe? Have you done it 200 times in a day, day in, day out, weather, in-laws, crappy ride to work or any of the other myriad of things on a persons mind that actually manufactures stuff and rarely has time to sit and ponder beyond the end of shift.

Then lost your job due to something management changed, other than your work, and had to find another position. This time doing a new item on a similar (not the same) machine. Now you have to do it 250 times a day, you were doing great, up until they changed tooling, or said you were using too much time on set up, or too much lubricant.

You just moved in with your in-laws because your lost your last job and this one pays less while requiring more work and a longer ride to get back and forth…

Then some halo wearing angel of quality descends from the front office in clean clothes and gives you, not kudos for working as good as you can in the situation, but some procedure to follow to make your part better. If you wonder why quality management doesn’t work, I will give you a hint, life…

Stuff happens, get on with it… I will take your laughing at the lack of compatibility between threads when you have lived and worked for ten years as a production worker… up until then, just stop…. Life is variable, get over it…

I think that you meant to say “relegated to”, rather than “regulated to”. Took me a few seconds to figure out, given where we are (in BLF, I mean) :)!).

Jim

Ha! Good catch! I will leave it, but you are correct on what I meant!

What’s up ReManG? I don’t get your need for a harsh reply to hank?

I’m thinking about if I should order a couple of those batteries from ft now and hope that I get the same performance that hkj, but there’s also that I prefer batteries from good manufacturers nowaday.

I feel that Hank has been taking swipes at the situation, he is obviously a fellow of quality, but constant reminders of what we all know and “hope” for a better outcome next time simply reeks of passive aggression. He also sounds a bit condescending, but that could also just be my interpretation.

I simply felt like listing my point of view on the situation, if it comes across as harsh, then perhaps it will sink in. Most of the time in interpersonal communications, non verbal communication transfers most of the message. Here we do not have that luxury as we are all simply words on a webpage.

Take my harshness as a non verbal eye roll here, or other non-verbal, non-confrontational expression of exasperation with someone who is always, apparently, heckling the situation.

I have various experience with a few different quality systems in my work and personal experiences. I take what I can from them and apply them where they can be applied. I do not use them to beat dead horses however.

If you are still making swipes at how bad the threading was on THE SINGLE MOST POPULAR GROUP BUY IN BLF HISTORY, you are in effect denigrating the continuing work of this group buy and all the effort that has gone into it. Well that is my view on this situation, but I have been wrong before as well.

When Hank steps up and sponsors a group buy, then I will support him in that. Until then, I will express my opinion in response to his. I dislike condescension and passive aggressive types of posts, so I have said my peace on this.

The batteries can be a risk, no matter what kind you buy. I know that while I have the option for buying $7 batteries, some do not. I want to give options for those that want that option, but as in everything, you have to do what makes you comfortable.

When I write something obvious, that’s been said before, I’m thinking about new readers who come along later, not about y’all who are regulars.
I know that gets tiresome and I try to moderate myself. Nudge appreciated, I’ll try harder.
This place is among my blessings and I’m grateful for all of your contributions.

1 x anodised A6 tube .Thanks.

Two for me please, BLF A6 anodized.

I shall have one BLF A6 anodized,please.