18350 Battery tubes for BLF A6, Eagle Eye A6 and X6, as well as codes for short Convoy S2+ tubes in Blue and Red!

LOL, where did you get my chart??

I’ve used my 18350’s in the BTU Shocker XHP-70 triple, 2S3P, so with that big light making 14,455 lumens on these cells they’ve been fairly abused. How they react solo in a small FET host might not be exemplary of their kind.

I want a shorty in this color: Gearbest New Arrival: March 22nd, Convoy H1 CREE 29.99$

gorgeous!

I think that’s the first time I’ve actually laughed today. :slight_smile:

LOW

Level 4 (up from moon, moon being level 1)

TURBO>>>>>>>

My beamshot skills are not the best, but this is at a white wall about five feet away from the lights. The beam on the left is the XP-L HI V3 2B, the right hand beam is a 1A from my other SE A6. Same batteries and power levels for both beams in all shots. The darkest one is on low, the middle one is on level 4, and the last is on Turbo. I changed shutter speed for each exposure is all. The White Balance makes the XP-L HI more yellow than what I see, and the 1A more blue than what I see…

This just gives you a look at if the XP-L HI is what you may want for your SE A6…

The spill is slightly less with the XP-L HI, but still plenty useable….

The Bike Flasher mode is just as addictive to me in either emitter… Thanks again ToyKeeper, the UI is fantastic…

I like pointing it at the ceiling fan when in bicycle strobe mode, funny…

Or while the toilet is flushing in the dark bathroom…uh, nevermind.

Please, can you tell me the size of the lens? I have asked several times in the GB thread & no one seems to know the answer…… :frowning:

I want to buy a plain glass lens to replace the AR one also, where did you find one?

I’m not totally sure; it was an extra I found in my parts box. I think it originally came from a Convoy S2+. It looks like the lens is 20mm wide, or just a hair wider.

If you like that, you should try the cypreus2 code I use on most of my EDCs. It has five different party strobes designed for freezing motion. Great fun with moving water or spinning fans, or if you walk around in a dark building it makes life feel like an old film or a low-framerate first-person horror game.

Sounds really cool, to the few of us that like blinky modes. I’d love to try it sometime.

guys…

isn´t a lot of the last posts better related to another thread than the short tube and clip for the BLF A6 ? :wink:

maybe one starts a general “my experiences with the BLF A6” thread…

Thanks ReManG for the beamshots, they are very good (tint never reproduces, no matter which white balance setting). And I find the Hi beam far more attractive!

(a new thread for BLF A6 experiences would be good)

I took those tint shots. The result is pretty subtle.

First, a close-up of the stock lens (left) and a plain glass lens (right), showing the blue halo effect. This shows that the AR coating is actually there on one and not there on the other:

Then a shot of the two beams side by side, with automatic white balance. It shows that the hotspot is warmer than the spill, and if I examine the image with a RGB color hex tool I can see that the AR lens produces slightly more green than the plain lens. But I don’t see much difference by eye:

… and again with a Nichia 219B triple in the middle.

Now, the halo shot again… but this time the one on the right has the stock AR lens and DC-Fix:

… and the beams with DC-Fix on the right:

… and more of an oblique shot to show the difference in beam shapes better:

I want 2 tubes total, 1 anodized, 1 bare.

Thanks!

Please remove me from the list. Got my A6 today, not happy with it. Tailcaps of my A6 and X6’s aren’t interchangeable, so this short tube won’t fit the X6.

Oh, so Manker threads not compatible with EE threads? Well, it looked like Manker was gonna be King for a while, now they’ve screwed up quality on these lights in some various ways (some people reporting DOA, loose threads, and other issues), then they also used MAP to shut down Rey’s Timeback Group Buy effort. They didn’t really want our money, I guess. :weary:

That is some very unfortunate news :frowning:
I was really looking forward to make a little shorty X6 :frowning:

Ok thanks, i will look around for a 20mm then.

Hmm, you have experimented with lots of different strobe modes in various frequencys & duration.

Do you think it is possible or do you already know one maybe. To use a strobe mode for night running in difficult terrain for example snow & ice? I find it works great with ~3000 lumens with the 3D tint to get good contrast, but the problem is the X6 can’t sustain 3000 lumens for as long as i need it now. ~50min.
It worked great when i ran shorter distances but now i wonder if i am going to have to switch batteries or if it could be possible to use some form of bike strobe (run strobe ;)) set up to save batteries & heat.

Or maybe i just have to take two X6 triples with me :slight_smile: then i would have two handwarmers if i switched between them :wink: Could be nice when it is –10F/-23.3C

You say old film or low frame rate game, by that i assume you mean somewhere around 15-25hz, but i wonder how many estimated “hz” is full on max turbo? I mean, could there be power savings when running flashes as fast as high as 50-90hz?

The clip of my first A6 (5A Tint) is not overall close to the battery tube. So there is a little place between and it is not round at this place.