18650 giveaway, courtesy of downlinx [current giveaway - July 14-21]

Beachlogger felt it was unfair to accept since he initially declined, so while hopefully he gets lucky again in the future, that cells passes on to nagod.

Thank you so much for the give away :beer: , I would like the 4.2v cell, I sent you a PM this morning

Again thank you so much :party:

AlexGT

Here's everyone's preferences as I've recorded them. I prefer that you say what you want in this thread instead of pm's so I can double check my file here instead of dozens of pm's.

@Alex. Your battery is going out today. I put on an extra clear wrapper that brings the diameter to 18.3mm.

@nagod. I need your address. Thanks for sending me your address. It's going out today too. A clear wrapper has also been applied that brings the diameter to 18.4mm.

Thank you so much Leaftye and Downlinx for the giveaway! :party: :beer:

Nice giveaway. I’d prefer 4.35v :bigsmile:

Got the battery, I like the plastic shrink wrap you put on it, looks very professional. Thank you!

got it. many thanks

Thanks for letting me know they've arrived!

@nagod

I think your battery is actually a Sanyo UR18650A, not a UR18650F like I thought. I found the UR18650A imprint on the third cell we're giving away, and the capacity of your battery matches the capacity of this third cell within 1 mAh. I see that as good news since it means your cell hasn't deteriorated nearly as much as I thought. I'm about to post test results for the third giveaway cell that you might want to take a look at.

The battery for this week's giveaway has been posted. Unfortunately there isn't enough time this week to get another battery tested.

http://imgur.com/a/kgM5A/embed

A copy of the test results are also in the first post.

Lagman gets last weeks battery. It looks like he's in France though.

I didn’t know what CONUS meant when I entered the giveaway. Sorry about that. :confused:
Someone else will be the lucky winner. :slight_smile:

Thanks Lagman. Hopefully it'll work out better for you next time.

Next up is kronological, another BLF'r from Texas!

congrats kronological

No problem, next time I’ll make a EU only giveaway! :stuck_out_tongue:
Congratulations kronological!

who have win? where is the results?
Is CONUS your friend?

Conus = Contiguous United States.
The 48 adjoining USA states (plus Washington, DC) or perhaps more simply, USA minus Alaska, Hawaii (and any off-shore US territories).

(not in giveaway)
Halo island is an far off-shore US territory. :stuck_out_tongue:

For those of you that are subscribed to this thread, but don't pay close attention to new giveaways, there's two big giveaways you may be interested in.

The first is downlinx's big no time giveaway. The batteries I was testing and giving away were from him. You should be able to refer to the tests I've done in this thread to get an indication of how his batteries will perform. One thing that's really cool is the 4.35V batteries he's giving away. I've just run through a couple tests on new 4.35V batteries from Basen, and I'm blown away at how long they stay at higher voltages. If you have an Opus BT-C3100 or willing to get another charger capable of 4.35V, then you might see some amazing performance. Unfortunately I haven't had time to test the batteries he's giving away yet, but I'm optimistic.

The second giveaway is by Hagg911. He's come into a bunch of used battery packs and is giving back to the community by giving away 50 battery packs. Those batteries haven't been tested, but there's a chance he may have me do some thorough testing on them. Even if that doesn't happen, it's hard to turn away free, right?

Hopefully I'll be able to resume the giveaway in my thread, but I've been limited on time, and it doesn't help that I haven't been able to get another Turnigy Reaktor because HobbyKing has been out of stock for the last month. It'll resume though.

Doesn’t look like he is giving away any 4.35v.

Good catch. I missed that. Still a nice giveaway though.