18650's at walmart

the radioshack here is going out of business.got 2 2packs of protected 26650 for $6. $1.50/cell.
walmart site shows none of the westinghouse 18500 or 18650 within 50 miles of my zip.even if i put in 45414 which is the zip for the york commons store.but they are on the shelf and discounted to $7/4.
watch for these to land in clearance very soon.will get bumped to make way for halloween stuff.

I’ve seen the same Westinghouse 18650 packs in Home Despot, not worth the trouble to try them.

but the 18500 are cheap and readily available.i cannot justify buying the 18650 either.i already have enough around to build a tesla pack LOL!

That’s interesting, about the ‘availability’, because I had checked my area and it said they weren’t available, so I never looked for them in the store. Now I have hope again! :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow, that’s even a better price than I got a little over a year ago when they first started closing all those stores.
My 26650’s actually benchmarked over the wrapper specs.

BTW, when WalMart starts selling 18650’s, to me that is good news. Not because I would want to buy any, but because WalMart, with their deep pockets has decided that they are safe enough for them to sell.

Well I have not tested these, maybe I should have. They are on clearance so you have to go into the Walmart stores to check. But over the last 2 weeks and at least 10 Walmarts I have gotten 158 packs (592) batteries. Some 1000mah some 2000mah that is 3.3 KWh worth. I hope to make one or more battery packs. Maybe a phone charger or car jumper or a battery back up for my solar. This should be interesting.

Does anyone know if there are any legitimate cheap higher capacity? I see some that claim up to 9000 mah.

Thanks,

Jim

According to the spec. they are 18650 1.2V.
That can’t be right…, can it?

There are several versions. The others are 600 mhm 3.2 volts 18500 not the 18650 ones. I have some of those too.

I have a varmit light that uses them as well and it works fine in them. I also played with a harbor freight cheap light and while the light is a little short to fit the battery it works great in it too. Lol

anyone who gets these should read the shelf tags.these are ac batteries!
direct chemical to rf conversion!

Yep, they are the super premium 2000 MHz ones! :smiley:

:person_facepalming: Is that good or bad? More reasearch hhhhmmmm…

Caught these on clearance for $2 each at my local walmart.

the 18500 are decent for non demanding stuff.had to pay $3/4. no 18650 left.

Y’all are lucky, my Walmart doesn’t carry them and there not within 250 miles. Just curious to run a test on them. In real world and on the charger

Yeah, I just found the 18500’s at a Walmart in Ashtabula, Ohio at $3 for a pack of 4
They are the slower 1000 MHz ones though LOL

anyone test these to see if they are a stable 1000mhz reference or do they drift like an eico 753?

I saw the 1000mhz but unless I am mistaken it is just a battery and they must have meant Mah because they are 1000 milliamperes for the 18500 and 2000 for the 18650. Someone tell me if I am wrong. I now have close to 6KW worth of them and are going to build a battery module. They do work good in my harbor freight junk lights. Lol.

well 13 of these 18500 went trick or treating with neighbor kids in hf freebies.these were modded with the hi cri 5mm i posted.
these were noted by many to be the best lights seen in use by parents.
free junk with leds and battery worth more than the lights.
funny that this family just spent $35 shipped for one of the 8 bay blank chargers to recharge these.
bug bit em deeply.

just poking fun at walmarts typo.
they are ok for non demanding stuff.
no subohm vaping.

Oh, I get it. I noticed it early on too. I am on the road and just found 48 packs of the 18650’s at a Walmart I stopped at. They were at $11.00 but better than full price. $6.00 is the best price I found. A buddy said he paid $16 per battery at a e-cig shop.