1x18650 XP-E Flashlight for $2.99; Deal?

Lightingever provides an alternative of this flash light - 3 Watt Super Bright LED Flashlight, Waterproof, CREE LED, C Type Batteries with Long Runtime only $$11.50 & Free Shipping:

Brightness(lm): 160
Diameter (in) 1.54
Length (in) 8.66
Beam Distance 500ft (150M)
Solid State: Shockproof and vibration proof
Extremely long life: white LED last over 30,000 hours

Hi,

The tailcap switch of one of the S5s that I have has stopped worked - the switch just doesn’t click anymore.

Does anyone know where I can get a cheap replacement switch for it? I’ve sent email to the “poozoo” seller to see if they can provide one, but haven’t heard back yet.

I dedomed one of mine and loved it, it’s a tiny pocket mini thrower. Not that useful for closeup though as the beam is much smaller, but this is intended in my case. It’s on par with similarly sized aspheric but with much nicer round beam, and not that much spill too.

I didn’t even bother removing any solder… just unscrewed the pill and douse the emitter part on petrol. After the dome dropped, I soaked them with denatured alcohol, let dry and reinstall. Too easy.

And for clickies, you can get from FT or DX for cheap. Search for “clicky”, standard size around 16mm. I cannot open mine, the thread kinda stuck, and it’s not broken, so I’m not going to check th exact size :stuck_out_tongue:

I got mine a while back. I’m not impressed but for $3 shipped, I have nothing to complain about. It’s kind of bluish in tint and and not all that bright. For a cheap light, it is more than fine. Hell, for $3.00 I wish I got more.

I’m going to sell my buddy my Mossberg 500 and I will mount this to it as a gift. He will be happy since he didn’t expect it and its free.

Thanks. I’ll see which ones look the one out of the light and put a couple in my next FT order!

Put a Nichia 219 in it… I did…

I think that this light is more valuable as a host. I got 5 of them, and all 5 have been modded in different ways.

I put an XM-L in one, a TIR in another, a 3up Luxeon in another, and XP-G2 and XP-E2 t3ups in the last 2. Very easy to mod, within the limits of it’s very small pill.

Hi,

FYI, Wallbuys has an “Ultrafire S6” on sale, for $3.80, free shipping:

This looks like the UF S5 from poozoo, but with a different emitter, but does anyone know for sure? I’m especially interested if the UF S6 like the one from WB has the same head design as the UF S5, with the retaining ring pushing the reflector and pill up against the end of the head/lens?

i ordered the same light almost a month ago, but not recieved it yet.

Do you mean the S5 from the Ebay seller “poozoo” (from the OP), or the “UF S6” from Wallbuys?

From the Ebay seller.

I’m kind of surprised. I bought 6 lights from them, in 2 different, and they all got here really fast… I mean in about a week, to East coast U.S. They’ve also been pretty responsive. Have you tried contacting them via Ebay message?

EDIT: BTW, did you get a tracking # for you shipment from them?

No tracking number. i will send the seller a note this week probally.

They provided tracking numbers for both of my purchases (first was for 2 of the S5s, and second was for 4 of the S5s, tracking numbers for both orders), so they should be able to provide that. I didn’t have to ask for the tracking #s, they just appeared automatically.

Your in Canada, right? I wonder if it’s different because they’d be shipping to Canada vs. to U.S.?

Weird!

EDIT: BTW when you said “almost a month ago”, was that in August? Or in Sept?

late August.

Oh. So you’ll be coming up to the Paypal dispute deadline in a few weeks :(!

yep, im in Canada. and i will send the note to the seller tomorrow about it. its possible there might be an issue because of location, though i have bought lots of items from ebay shipped to here.

I was hoping for a Fandyfire HD2011 clone but even though it resembles one, the beam is much more throwy then the 2011. Mine is blue tinted and not that bright.

For $3 it’s fine but honestly I’ve bought Sipik 68s for a few cents more which are better lights.

I think they are pretty bad stock, but make a great little host. I got 4 of the 5 I ordered mod'd now with XM-L2's on copper, and Nanjg 1.4A (single sided) drivers, some with extra 7135's to make 2.1A, custom programmed, and with optics of various types. This is a great light for the IOS 21.2mm optics, or even the ones FastTech has. My favorite is with a XM-L2 T6 3C on a SinkPAD at 2.1A -- the one with the 45 deg. optic from IOS is doing about 800 lumens with a nice smooth and wide beam pattern. I got the HD2011 and it's not as optic moddable-friendly as this S5 light because of the way the pill can adapt to various depth of the reflector or optic, while the HD2011 doesn't have a separate pill, at the least the UF HD2011 I have.