$2.21 Samsung 2400 (18650) at Fasttech?

I got the same email after buying 3 packs earlier today.
I’ll let it ride and see what turns up.

OUCH!! 50% increase! Not much a deal now, being 6year old and only slightly cheaper than brand new Samsungs.

Glad I bought three packs at original price. Well, maybe, if they turn out to be good, at least. :slight_smile:

Found the quote from the forum:

This is starting to sound like wallbuys crap,get interest then put up the price…By nearly double :frowning:

Sounds to me like human error.
Have you never made a mistake?
I think the way FT handles problems like this when they crop up is excellent, and only enhances their reputation.

This is a forum and everyone is free to speak,without getting personal

You’re free to take that as a personal attack if you wish, I can’t see it myself…

If someone says you” it is directed at a person if you had said people make mistakes that is different.

They made an error in the price and corrected it. They are honoring orders that were placed at the below cost price. They even notified customers why as well as a proactive notice on the real history of the product.
Other than a data entry error (price too low and incomplete description) with the original product listing, where else did Fasttech do wrong here?

Where have i said they did wrong ?I said sounding like wallbuys crap which it is.

I believe fast tech is a great and responsible company. I’ve thanked jasmine for the information and agreed to test out the cells and accept them as-is.

No comparison,
If it were a wallbuy’s error, the email would sound something like this:

“We no makey the write price on the 2 pack samsung battery pack and they may have been other items in before we getty the product.

Ifa, you no wanna, send us eletter saying so and we will send you a link, then you get link and clicky on it and maybe we stop order or it will have shipped withy a recycled tracky number.
It no problem really, you got good deal.
Have happy year, Wallbuy’s”

Fair comment …lol

Little bit of politics w/flashlights these days. lol

I understand what Jakey means. He is not saying Fasttech is like Wallbuys just putting up the price as they have, no doubt because of the interest shown in this thread. Also saying that they were below cost is nonsense! That would mean they must be loosing money on most of their other cells. Does anyone really believe they are paying ‘way more’ than $4.65 for two 7 year old, used cells?

‘We also discovered that the previous price of $4.65 was incorrect (way lower than cost). Price is fixed now and we will honor existing orders.’

That statement does sound a lot like something from Wallbuys.

Marc.

These out-of-date cells were likely acquired by a surplus recycler and sold by the pound because of the percentage of dead cells in the lot, but due to the interest the price was raised and is now the “correct” price.

Reminiscent of the old Chinese proverb of the Snake and the Frog…

FASTTECH is, after all, a Chinese vendor…

LOL at the conspiracy theories :smiley:

I don’t see any conspiracy theories.

Marc.

Hmm… I seem to be rubbing people up the wrong way in this thread so I’ll stop now.
I’m working nights this week, seven 13 hour shifts in a row in a London prison, so if I’m a little grouchy in the mornings, forgive me…

No mate don’t worry. :slight_smile: They are long shifts however, Keep safe.

If you meant me by the way, It just seemed like Fasttech were following this thread, saw them become popular and put the price up. For what is worth I did not really find them that good a deal before and certainly don’t now. Not when you can get the famous Sanyo cells for an extra £2.

Marc.

LOL… lots of speculations here… :bigsmile:

Let’s just wait a couple of weeks to see what we’ll receive. From my conversation with Jasmine, it almost sounded like the updated price is for 2pack (x2 batt per pack). I don’t know, it’s a bit confusing, not sure if they meant 2P as 2parallel or 2-pcs/2-pack.

So buying qty 1 of the sku (which mentioned 2P) meaning… 1 1S2P pack OR 1 x 2pack x 2xbattery? Which is it…? Honestly I’m not going to dig deeper, may just confuse everybody more, so I think I will just wait quietly until I receive them. :slight_smile: