$2.21 Samsung 2400 (18650) at Fasttech?

Haha, Yes it was going well until I got half way. :bigsmile:

This is 2 cells only not 4, if that is what you mean? 2P is two parallel not two packs.

Marc.

Yes that’s a given, but Jasmine mentioned the original price is for “1-Pack”… kinda weird thinking how would they would sell that - break the pack? Well, it is possible, but not very likely from distributor side. And she mentioned they’re honoring the price and will send me “2-Pack” per each order, I’m not sure what this really means? That could translate either way.

In any case, I’ll just wait and see. It’s already shipped, shouldn’t be too long.

+1

I think you are right on the money…but then again…I also work i a prison S)

Basically what marcl is saying is what i meant in my post ,i know what i mean to say butt it doesn’t always sound like it when typed.

Basically what marcl is saying is what i meant in my post ,i know what i mean to say butt it doesn’t always sound like it when typed. :wink:

My three packs arrived this morning, I have a pair of cells on charge now.
Both were sat at 2.77V. The plastic wrap on the cells has gone brittle with age, and breaks easily.
I’ll do a 1A discharge test as soon as they are charged.

edit - The cells in the second pack arrived at 3.7V, the third pack were at 3.92V.
I guess I’ll ditch the 2.77V cells…

There is nothing wrong with 2.77v. Done throw them, just charge them and re-wrap them.

Marc.

What is the best/safest way to get those metal strips off?

Will regular heat solder gun provide enough heat or too much and damage cell end cap?

Mine measure 3.90, 3.95 and 3.78

I may just leave 2 of the packs together and wire them up in series to use on a couple old Tyco 9.6 volt R/C cars.
These packs will have a ton more capacity than the original Ni-Cd packs which if I recall were only rated around 900-1100 Mah.

Thanks,
Keith

I just grip the tab with some small pliers, and roll it off.
Like you’re opening a sardine can…

Then grind off the sharp little nubs that are left behind with a Dremel tool… BTW, they are hungry for your blood.

Careful when twisting/pulling then off the negative (minus) end. I vented a cell that way once. the weld was so strong it pulled right out of the casing and left a hole. Only happened once, because after that I break the loose part of the tab off and grind the rest down flush.

First discharge test completed.
This cell was at 2.77V on arrival, charged to 4.2V, then left overnight.
It read 4.18 in the morning.
Discharged at 1A down to 3V - 2046mAh.
Not bad for a first cycle on a 7 year old 2400 mAh cell.
Discharging another one now, one that had a healthier delivery voltage of 3.92V

Nice, would be rated 2.200 mAh minimum with those 0.2A/2,5V conditions if marketed today. Better than ebay Ultrafires “2400” for sure. Keep us informed!

Test on the second cell has finished - 1913mAh.
I guess I won’t be ditching the first pair of cells after all.
They’re all going to find homes in the various mobile power packs I own.

Nah.... I think your first instinct was right ..

I'd ditch them !!! :P

I'll recycle them for you if you want :P :P :P

2Ah huh - that’s quite nice! Mine has also arrived, I’m picking them up tomorrow. Hope to get similar result.

My cell was all fine. The one labeled 2009 held the highest capacity…

!!

!!

I receive one pack dated 2007 and 2 packs dated 2008.

A complete charge/1A discharge on the 2007 pack yielded a bit over 4Ah. That’s quite matching 2Ah per battery.

So all in all, very good deal at the price bought - $2.21 per 2000mAh Samsung battery. I’m keeping these as 3.6V 4Ah protected packs for my kid’s RC - unbelievably good deal compared to crappy $6 1800 (actual only 300mAh) NiMH pack :slight_smile:

But if you want to break pack, at for current pricing ($3.35/piece after discount), at I’d rather go for brand new Sanyo 2400 @$3.99/piece.