20% OFF all Armytek flashlights

CELEBRATE EASTER WITH ARMYTEK!

The legendary, flagship and the most demanded models are in:
Wizard C2 Pro Max, Wizard C2 WR, Predator Pro, Prime C2 Pro, Crystal etc.

Apply EASTER coupon code when ordering any flashlights and save your budget.

Get your choice now via the links below:

Treat yourself in honor of the coming Easter Day and order any desired Armytek flashlight at a reduced cost.
Hurry up, the offer runs 4 days only till April 9 inclusive.

The Doberman Warm with XP-L HI isn’t in stock on Armytek.com. Can I order it at the sale price on back order or something?

I think the XP-L version is an old model and was replaced with the XHP35 version.

They still have the cool white one in stock. The XP-L HI version has been sold alongside the “Pro” XHP35 version for years. They also have versions with colored LEDs. It may likely be discontinued now though, as it seems they’re getting rid of many models that don’t have the new magnetic charging. That’s why I wanted to grab one before they’re gone.

I want it for a few reasons:

It has a bit more throw than the XHP35 HI version, and uses less power.

They’re still using the older non-magnetic-charging tailcap with it, with a regular mechanical clicky switch, which I find vastly superior to the new one for my preference on a light like this. I don’t use integrated charging to begin with, I definitely don’t want a proprietary cable, and I don’t want an overcomplicated e-switch on a light like this either. I don’t doubt it’s robust, but the mechanical switch has many more years of proven reliability.

The older design just looks better to me.

Also, and this is a big one, there’s a massive tint/bin lottery with the XHP35.2’s they use in the doberman pro. Some are horrendously green. Some are mysteriously 90 CRI. The tint in general can’t be counted on to be that great. There’s still a lottery for XP-L HI, but the tint on their older models I find to be consistently better, and there’s just less variation in how bad XP-L HI can potentially be.

Last, I already have an older dobermann pro with the older, more preferable tail switch, and a rosy XHP35 HI.

Edit: I’ll add that I don’t mind the magnetic charging on other models like the wizard. I can choose not to use it and it’s not a big deal. Sometimes I do use it on my wizard. But on a light like the dobermann I don’t want the added weight and complexity of integrated charging, along with a switch that I don’t prefer on a light like this. Especially when they didn’t add any functionality they could have when moving to an e-switch, like allowing a half-press while on to change modes. If they’d done that, I might have a different opinion about it, because then there’d be the added functionality of a better UI to justify the added complexity and weight.

1 Thank

Hello!
Dobermann Warm will be available for purchase soon.