2014 - Contest Light - 1st place prize light - DONE!! Video added and beam shots are up in Post#1

Shipping on this is going to be massive. In the end it is up to the contest organizer to decide what the prize is for each category. Maybe you could ask Texaslumes do an engraving and offer this as the “Best of Texas” prize just to keep it local.

A beam shot in Post #1.Wink

WOW

I just called Dale a certifiable nut case. What on earth are you. What is it thats in the water in Texas?

Hows the heat with the sneaky run you have given it and can you feel the fan doing its job?

Will this melt light meters?

8) <<< My eyes …zee googles ….zey do nussing.

Light of Mass Destruction! :heart_eyes:

Whoa, amazing build. I almost had a panic attack when I saw that reflector sitting face up in that drill press. That cut you made through the head is very impressive, as is the fully home fabricated brass extension. That copper pill heat sink is crazy huge. Too many goodies in that light to list.

I can't wait to see this thing lit up, Justin! Looks great!

I used a thermostat rated at 149 degrees F. It is too high. I just tore it down and put a 104 degree F thermostat in. The fan did kick in, but the light was already too hot. When it kicked in, it shut back off after about 30 seconds, so in that 30 seconds, it had cooled the finned heat sink. Yes, I think the fan will keep the light cool, with the lower thermostat. The fan is DD, so even if the light is turned off, the fan will come on when the thermostat closes. Kind of like a car electric radiator fan will do, on some cars.

The beam shot in Post #1 pretty much sums up how it will be. Big, bright wall of light.

Added one last video to the OP and beam shots will be done tonight.

looking forward to the beamshots :slight_smile:

Incredible!!

I wonder if using one of those round blowers vs the fan would make the noise less…but that would entail taking everything apart and it’s perfect as is!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HEATSINK-SUNON-GB1245PKV1-8AY-11-F-X-GN-Server-Blower-Fan-Sleeve-Bearing-/121142311314?pt=US_CPU_Fans_Heatsinks&hash=item1c34a4f992

Might also try a 5vdc regulator, make the fan turn a bit slower but would take longer to cool as it would blow less air across the heatsink

Otherwise AWESOME build as usual…

Looking at your driver has me wanting to trade my 450 Heli to purchase a stereo low power microscope, eyes getting bad. Did you bake full side then stuff the other?

Beam shots were awesome!

Beam shots are up and in Post#1. I can't see any more after being around this light. It hurts my eyes, even being behind the damned thing!Tongue Out

I've seen the pictures, I've watched the video, I've heard the noise, I've seen the man, does anyone know who or what this is? Old-Lumens, you sir are a genius and as we all know the best geniuses are nut cases. I wish I had 1% of what goes on in your head. Oh, your not bad with your hands as well.

When I hit the beamshots I literally HAHAHAHA'd.

wow, this is not a mod, but a compleate redesign, awesome work.

Every now and again someone doesn't just push the envelope, they tear it to shreds.