*2016-11-07* New: Nitecore P30

Sweet! More pictures please

Edit: I’ve had an L2P Solarforce with an M3 head for years, it’s been back-shelved with all the new lights, but that crown in polished SS was catching my eye so I tried it on the P30. Love it! I’ve got another L2 with extension tube and K3 head with an MT-G2 in it, the shuffle has left my Nitecore SRT6 with the P30 tail cap, the SRT6 tail cap is on the extended L2P K3, the P30 has the K3’s SS crenelated cap. lol, Legoability has it’s merits.

I snagged this shot without even dusting it out…

Edit II: In case you’re wondering why the P30 tail cap with protruding switch is on the SRT6 Night Officer, it’s really simple. The Night Officer has a magnetic infinitely variable control ring which can be shut off in sleep mode or turned to Strobe or SOS before turning the light on. If the magnetic ring is left in the off position, accidentally engaging the protruding switch really does nothing more than engage the red stand by led on the head of the light. Also, the Night Officer benefits from being able to punch the light into on position on a leg or dashboard, easily operated with gloves now. The stock Night Officer tail cap has two wings that protect the button and allow tail standing, this is fine on the L2P K3. :wink: The P30 is more of a tactical search light, so now it has sharp stainless crenelations that can be hard used and will definitely cause damage! Win win all around.

Wow, that is impressive looking DB. When looking at the pic I try not to let my eye go onto the writing because it just ruins it somehow. That writing screams $50 Nitecore light. I have one of these on order now and I just want to review it, purely stock, on my YouTube channel. Once that is over though, thanks to you, I’ll likely break out the blowtorch and strapwrench to bypass the resistor. I have an SRT7 so will of course try the tailcap switch too.

Ur P30 looks nice.

I got mine a few weeks ago. It’s a very nice quality light with a nice user interface. Think of it as a C8 with an ever so slightly bigger head, deeper reflector and a side switch. It’s very bright and throw is impressive. I would say, side by side with my 7135*10 driven C8 (XP-L v3) that it slightly out-throws it with ever so slightly less spill. Beamshots at a near wall show up a tighter more intense hot-spot. If you can get a deal on one (such near wholesale) it’s a very impressive light.
I have always been partial to Nitecore but given its VERY similar performance, I like my Klarus XT12gt better.
If you can get it for under $65, I don’t think even the most skeptical would be dissapointed.
Just my $0.02.
If anyone wants one: My distributor MAP is $65 and $6.75 shipping within the US…I can Get you one.

What resistance do I need to bridge?

Is the LED Board 20mm?

The LED board is custom

The sense resistor is in this picture covered by red glue the lane goes to the positive LED wire

I finaly got mine and hornestly i am disapointed: the head is hardly glued, and the emitter isnt well centered, thus affect the lux quite bad- 85k…will try to open it this weekend

The key is to heat up the red locktite to melt, then its easily to open, you need to heat it up fast with a gas burner

Having a spare oring is good as I ruined mine heating it up a bit too much for it

Ofc m8, the thing that annoyed me alot is that it came quite offcentered, something not that typical for a nitecore flashlight
Also, there are some dust and prints from the inside, it seems that mine was assembeled form not that happy worker :slight_smile:

Exchange it?

Hello everyone!

I’m interested in this Flashlight.

Are you still happy with the performance of the p30, or you would recommend another one??

There are only 3 or 4 topics of this Flashlight,and i don’t know why…

Hello and welcome to BLF!!! :slight_smile:
I am very pleased with my P30 and I would highly recommend it to anyone.
I’m not sure what you are referring to when you say “only 3 or 4 topics”…. But I assure you, the P30 is an awesome light!!!
I hope this helps……… :wink:

Thank you very much. This is what I want to hear. I’ll search for a good offer and will go for it!

With the “only 3 or 4 topics” I wanted to say that there are not enough information/threads/discussion for this flashlight.

Thanks again…

It is a great light, there’s probably not a lot of talk about it because it’s relatively expensive for BLF’rs. :wink: See if you can get a coupon code from freeme or M4DM4X, that will help a lot…

Your welcome, my pleasure. :+1:
OK, I understand now what you were saying. Don’t really know why that is, but it is a great light. :+1:
Contact M4D M4X for a Discount Code… you will be glad you did. :wink:

Hi,

yeah, it´s a great FL.

Amazing throw, but enough flood, using it every day.

ATR works fine. I use it on turbo at about 35 minutes long night walks.

It doesn´t becomes warm/hot.

I use LG MJ1 battery. It´s flat top. Capacity 3500mah.
After walk, the xtar vc2 charger pumps about 1400mah in it.

Bought my P30 on a special to Chinese holiday at FT, for about 39,- €.

One of my best FL-deals.

Regards

Chris

I managed to open my bezel. Now it sports a nice HI V3 3C, no more cool white for me

I’m thinking in stacking some sense resistor for a little more output. but I have some doubts. Will it ruin the regulation of the flashlight? What value should I choose?

i need to test it further but my thoughts so far are very positive. aside from playing around, i’ve used it for about an hour of orienteering night-time navigation in the australian outback.

love:
throw, size and weight balance
strobe is well hidden (would disable if i could)
like the voltage check, prefer this to the light itself blinking
buttons are nice
carry pouch is pretty decent
price - everything else considered i think it’s a bargain!!

would change:
would pick neutral tint if possible
wish i could backswitch modes. i would pay 10-20% more for another button that cycled down the modes. i’d like to be able to easily switch between high and turbo. failing this, i’d probably cull the second lowest mode. too much mode cycling is annoying
wish they made a diffuser for 50mm head size - they do every other goddamn size including 60mm!

this is small enough that i can carry it for endurance events, 12+ hours where i’m carrying food, water and everything else and it’s a total lightsabre!! i haven’t seen anything else that looks like it could compete with the throw/size/weight/cost offered here.

does anybody have a recommendation for an off-the-shelf diffuser to use with the p30? nitecore seems to have skipped this size, annoyingly

Dale, have you considered swapping in a 1mm white flat in this bad boy? The current levels seem optimal (of course the lower Vf may allow a bit more amps compared to the XPL) and this thing should be able to do close to 300kcd with an ideal reflector, so you might see ~220-250kcd with your polished reflector.

Fasttech has the new 21700 version for ~ $49 without a coupon. Considering getting one but only if the reflector behaves well with a NM1 emitter…

I’m curious how it compares to the GT mini and D1s in terms of reflector performance.