[2023-02-14] Email issues RESOLVED for @Yahoo/@Verizon/@AOL/@sbcglobal/@ATT

2023-02-11 4:00pm GMT

It looks like Yahoo / AOL / Verizon email is again being problematic. The mails aren’t being rejected but it appears they’re not arriving quickly.

sb56637: thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, I did try using that method to reset my password, on both my phone and my PC. And the website did not remember my reset password with either device. I just tried it again with my PC - hopefully it will work better this time. It did ask me to enter a password in a different way this time, so maybe this will be successful?

Thanks, again,

Jeff

@NorthernHarrier Thanks Jeff. There are two options, one is just for a one-time use link that gets sent to your email for logging in a single device, and the other more normal option is to reset your account password.

1 Thank

Thanks! I seem to be able to sign in now.

Jeff

1 Thank

I recommend copying the directions for existing users to reset their password be copied from the migration status thread:

…to the Welcome to the New Budget Light Forum thread:

In short, make the requirement to reset passwords as prominent as possible. I figured it out before I managed to find that requirement, but I bet many others will not.

Good work completing the migration!

Good idea, done. Thanks!

Finally Yahoo decided to let the Reset email through – SB thanks for the help

1 Thank

That’s excellent news, thanks for confirming. Glad you made it!

Thank you Limsup for sharing how to log it using the direct link method, I was able to get in this way but now when I try to change the password it says it sent an email (Yahoo) but so far, nothing in the mailbox, the previous email with the link to log in directly was in the “Trash mail” so make sure you check the spam and the trash mail in your yahoo account, I added a gmail alternative email.

How do you go and change the password? Is there another way than to send you an email? I’m afraid to log of and then have to wait to get another login by link email since it takes so long to get on yahoo

II can’t log in with the existing profile because of email problems. I can’t send a PM to the admin with the new profile either. Is this because of the non-existent posts with the new account?

How many posts do I have to make before I can send a PM to the admin?

Dear admin, it would be nice if the restriction to send a PM would be removed, especially after the server move…

Hi Alex, really sorry for the hassle, that was just your email provider reacting poorly to the volume of reset emails we were generating. I’d say to wait for now.

1 Thank

Well, I just got the email to set the password, it took about 9 hours since I requested it to have it delivered directly to the “Trash” folder in my yahoo account. If you request a password be patient and check your spam / trash folder for the email

1 Thank

Thanks Alex for your persistence. Can you confirm if the link was still valid and you were able to reset your password?

I will log off and try logging back in

1 Thank

Just did, it works! :grin:

1 Thank

Hi there, could you please send me a screenshot of what happens when you try to send me a PM? All users should be able to PM me and others too.

Hello dear admin,
when I try to send a PM, this message appears: An error occurred: “Sorry, you cannot send a personal message to that user”.