[2023] LUMINTOP MACH 8*XHP50 26000lm AIR Cooling 3*21700 Flashlight - RECOMMENDED!

8 X Cree XHP50.2 LED
3X21700 lithium battery
Distance:520 meters
Fan heat dissipation
IPX-8 waterproof
Power bank function: built-in USB-C discharge function, supporting maximum discharge current of 3A
Light intensity: 67500 candela (maximum)
Power: 234W (maximum)
Size: 68 * 51 * 153 mm
Net weight: 510 grams (excluding batteries)

3 Thanks

Reserved.

Very interesting. Im looking forward to the first qualified detailed technical review and tear-down.

Hopefully, there wont be a doughnut hole in the beam pattern. Even better if the cooling system allows for sustained turbo run times without overheating or the need to throttle down.

1 Thank

At last, a fan cooled GT3 Pro (well almost). If I get one for review it will be up at 1Lumen.

Fans that small move very little air.

1 Thank

True. And they are noisy, and drain the battery and fans of this size usually have very short service lives… but how else can we get rid of heat in something the size of a reasonably sized flashlight (other than active cooling) ??

You can’t really…water cooling or using it on a cold day outdoors is the other. Fans do work (proven on the Acebeam x75, and Imalent has been using them to good effect for years). For now its the only way to actively cool a high output flashlight without making it huge. They actually consume little power comparitively. Depending on how Lumintop configured the fan circuit (either 5v or 12v…probably 5, I do t think 3 volt fans exist?), small fans like that if not overdriven can use as little as 200 mA at 5 volts.

1 Thank

Better than none I guess.

Offer for this month from Neal.

9th on my list of flashlights to review. Though I’m not very technical. :sweat_smile:

How much time do you spend on one light on average?

I take about 10-20 hours per light (photos, beamshots, edit photos, runtimes, throw, CCT/CRI/duv, current measurements, check LVP, check parasitic drain, charging graph, user interface, partial teardown if non-destructive to check emitters and behind MCPCB, try to use the light for 2-3 weeks).

Lights with multiple emitter types (e.g. spot, flood, red), complex UI, and different battery chemistries take closer to 20 hours over 3 weeks as a rough estimate.

100-200 hours to find. :sweat_smile:

10 lights might take 3-6 months if I don’t rush it. That said, I’ll try to do photos and beamshots upfront to get those steps done for all 10 and then prioritise tests for the first one or two in the first 2 weeks.

I use the included cells (if any) and charge that between runtime tests in an external charger. There is some downtime for my DIY lumen tube where another test could be running. :sweat_smile:

3 Thanks

This is an interesting competitor to Olight Marauder Mini, which is slightly cheaper during Sale. I am leaning towards buying this Mach 8, because it is using 3 replaceable 21700 cells.

1 Thank

Can the fan be easy replaced ?

I was told that the cooling fan is serviceable by user. Will attempt to teardown the parts after all our tests have been completed.

3 Thanks

Nice. I have one coming for review should be here Tuesday. Looking forward to see how Lumintop can make this better than the gt3 pro.

4 Thanks