21700 battery won't fit

Whew. I felt like I was going in circles. Do you know how can I thank everyone for their input? Is there a way to do that on here?

You just did it.

There is no "thanks" or "like" button on BLF.

Well, since you asked… ya got paypal? :clown_face:

Do these deliveries by chance involve any small unregistered aircraft and guys who look like they keep a lot of extra 55 gallon barrels around? If so there might be a better choice for a light…

:slight_smile:

Lol. I do meet some sketchy people at both of my jobs.

I had to change my picture on here. I had someone pm me asking if I was a girl. Not sure what that implied, but I figured I should get my face off of here.

Here is how to thank us:

Help others as well as your experience, competence, and level of knowledge increases :slight_smile:

Absolutely

My experience of 26650 cells is that they don’t deliver anywhere the stated capacity. The reputable manufacturers (Samsung, Panasonic, LG, Molicel) focus on the high-volume 18650 and 21700 formats. I would stick with these.

I’ve yet to get from anyone reputable a 26650 that’s more’n 10% under its rated value.

no thats not true, keeppower and efest are the better cells and those are usually onspec on the claimed capacity but yeah its shame neither samsung panasonic or lg doesnt make 26650 cells, . but overall 21700 has taken over and most light makers today are not making pure 26650.

There have been some really good 26650. The Vapcell “red elephant” was great for medium current. Very randomly yesterday evening I happened across this listing on ebay from a seller who still has them! $20 a pair, free shipping, based in Utah. If I needed more I’d grab these. No idea who this seller is but they look legit. The other red one from Vapcell was for higher current (wolf maybe?) but this one handles most lights just great. HKJ’s test was pretty favorable. Failing these I’d probably get the black Shocklii that MTN has, and the Keeppower ones.

As stated above, there have been & are still, many very good 26650 batteries.

One from a few years back was made by Liitokala, it was a great one.

HKJ Test / LiitoKala INR26650-50A 5000mAh (Cyan)

And the one mentioned by BlueSwordM in post #5 looks very good. I will be trying that one for sure.

Always good to have a dedicated charger but if you want more time to decide which one to get the FT03 has built-in charging, you can charge the battery in the flashlight.
(Which means you can charge it/top it up from a USB adapter in your car’s cigarette lighter.)

And the 40Ts are good, well known batteries. Unless you’re constantly running the flashlight on full power, or running the battery down completely within a day or two you probably won’t notice the difference between any of the decent battery options available to you. If you use the mid-power modes and only need to charge the battery every couple of weeks or so it really won’t matter. In this case i’d go with whatever is available at the right price.

Good to know. I wasn’t aware of that. But… I do love toys, so I’m going to get a separate charger :slight_smile:

I decided on the keeppower batteries that BlueSwordM suggested. I sent an email asking that company if they could recommend a battery charger for them. The one that BlueSwordM suggested was a 4 battery charger.

If you get into this hobby, you’re going to need it.

Do you know if that manufacturer makes that charger as a 2 battery charger?

Unless someone is really pressed for space, I prefer 4 cell chargers.

If it's a universal charger, you can charge AA or AAA Eneloops at the same time as your lithium cells.

Although most of the time I only charge 1 or 2 cells at a time, sometimes I use all 4 battery slots.

Of course, it's your choice.

You have chosen wisely grasshopper. :wink: