26800 Lithium-ion battery

Thank you for continuing to carry these!

No problem…

Thanks a lot for the advance notice. I hadn’t even gotten a restock email yet. I’ve ordered three!

Wooo hoo! I got one! I had the email alert. Cheaper than Aliexpress too by a huge margin.

Thanks for stocking these gems!

Thanks for the heads up. :+1:

Once word gets out on Reddit they go pretty fast. Wanted to give you all a crack first.

I got one too. Woo Hoo!!! Thanks so much for the heads up!!!

26800 should be the new standard :nerd_face:

1 Thank

I promptly placed an order and never got a confirmation email, or a PayPal receipt. This was about 1 hour after the aforementioned re-stock.

Are the orders overwhelming the system?

I would log in to PayPal to make sure your payment went through. I didn’t get any sort of confirmation from Aloft (neither did I get the restock notification this time) but I did get a PayPal receipt.

I checked but there is no listing on my PP account.

When I did make the payment, PayPal redirected me to the merchant page where I had left off. ie, no registration of the transaction.

Strange behaviour…

26800 are great, but still won’t dethrone 21700 any time soon. Just not enough market support for them and they’re too big to justify series/parallel configurations unlike 21700 or 18650. That’s why 26650 is falling out of favor these days. That’s the majority of the consumer use for these batteries. It may be efficable for EV use but they’re still pretty expensive for that.

That is odd, I got Aloft and Paypal emails almost immediately. I recommend if you have the option, switch from mobile data to Wi-Fi or vice versa and see if you get different results.

I’m on my home comp. Never had problems from an IP point.

Come to think of it, I had to create an account. That may take some registration time and so the purchase process.

I should have used the guest option. I dare not re-do this transaction, I’ll end up with multiple purchases.

Shoot us an email at contactalofthobbies.com and we can confirm real quick for you if your order made it through. You should get multiple emails and paypal should show it right away also…

Sorry for the trouble, but a quick email should allow us to confirm it for you.

and the PayPal payment went thru. Thanks

@ AloftHobbies: eMail sent.

Edit: Worked it out thru eMail. Seems something went funny and had to re-confirm the order.

Agreed. 26800’s don’t even compete with 21700’s. They’re different enough in size and capacity that comparing them doesn’t make sense. 21700’s are good for larger EDC size lights, or multi-cell lights where the batteries are next to each other. 26800’s are better for larger lights with a full size grip, like Convoy L8 or Emisar D4SV2. They are a nice step-up in size and capacity from the smaller 21700.

1 Thank

I was under the impression these 26800 cells had quite low IR, less than 10mΩ. I’ll have to backtrack some info and get the site/picture of the YR1030 testing.

Ok, found it:

That Alibaba merchant would be an assembler of battery packs. The cells in question would be from a different vendor. Can’t recall the name, Correllux tracked it in this thread.
I can only assume different suppliers with different chemistries, hence the different capacities. Would have to contact that merchant to inquire and as I’ve put enough time and money into this little venture, leave it to someone else.