26800 Lithium-ion battery

Queen Battery sells direct on Aliexpress

Looked at their store a few times….MOQ is killer for most people, pricing for most items as well. Aloft has them for less than $6, still in stock, cheap shipping…hard to beat.

Has anyone experience with 26980 batteries? Pioneman offers their Convoy S11’s sister model K30 with three different tubes. 26650, 26800 and 26980.

26980 is a 30 amp, 6000 mah cell that came out a few years before the 26800.

Thanks.

Have you been capacity testing your 26800s? If so are they pretty consistent? The reason I ask is because I have been having a little trouble sustaining high with my M3-C. I changed the tail spring to a heavier one to see if that affects anything. I don’t see why it should as the stock one was bypassed. Could be the driver. It gets funky sometimes. Have to loosen/tighten the tail cap to reset it.

I’m using an Xtar X2 that measures charging not discharging. Comparative at 2.80 volts to 4.2 at 1 amp charging, Shockli 5500 mah vs QB26800. Shockli charged 5700-5735 mah, QB26800 charged 7280-7330 mah. This has been an accumulative list with 14 different QB26800 cells on their 1st to 3rd recharge. I have no actual experience with the 26980, only reading what the sites list and they’ve placed that cell at 5,000 to 6500 mah.

Thanks. I think the spring was my problem. Time will tell. When I first bought the M3-C it did not charge properly. It would indicate full charge when it was only 3.8 or 9 volts. When I told Simon about it his reply was to send a new tail spring. I never installed it because I had already bypassed the original one. Now that I have finally changed the spring it seems to have corrected itself. KOW.

Does the Xtar X2 fit 26800 batteries or is this with a modification?

Slight modification, slider works unmodified.

:open_mouth:

Wow, that's awesome!

I suggest using magnet leads when your cells don’t fit in the charger. Solder some nickel plated magnets to some copper wire. Try not to put a ton of heat into the magnet when you do this. Alternatively, crimp some alligator clips to a wire and use nickel plated magnets between the clips and the cell. Alligator clips are magnetic.

What is a good idea. Do you have one, if yes show me setup.

Is that from a new Tom Cruise movie or just an ordinary working day in China?

The hotglue and epoxy should work!

Hey, it works and only needed a little cutting. Slider is at it’s absolute limit. This is the little rig I do for comparative charging to get an idea of what the 26800 can do.

Hey guys, I ended up losing the 26800 charger that came with the NSX4 I got from Neal. Anyone locate a charger that works on these monsters?

Olight | Illuminate Your World. It’s a ten hour charge on a depleted cell, but it works. I’ve got three and they all cut off at 4.19-4.20 volts.