2nd. Annual BLF Scratch Made Light Contest -- Contestant Sign up Thread - CLOSED - Go See the Contest thread now

Wow, that baby looks very sweet. Wish I lived near you. It would be an honor you help you get that baby settled into it's new home. Love the work shop you got there.

The workshop is my home along with millions of spiders. Your welcome around anytime as they like visitors as well.

awesome, thanks! Count me in. Tooling is nearly ready, so I’m raring to go :slight_smile:

MRsDNF wrote:The workshop is my home along with millions of spiders. Your welcome around anytime as they like visitors as well

Damn spiders. Just love to hang around while someone else works their butt off. Might I suggest you make one of these, except MRsDNF style. You can zap all those millions of spiders and their billions of eggs. Once you're done getting rid of them, you will be able to quite efficiently run my butt off too (despite me bringing you yummy beers). I didn't realize how mean you were till just now.

EDIT: OK, I've been too embarrassed to ask. What is that big blue machine?

WOAH! That is pimp!
Blue part looks like some sort of Mill or CNC machine. That’s gonna make some pretty fancy hand-mades.

Sign up is closed. Contest is now open. Get going and get some lights made!Tongue Out

If that's a spinning machine to turn spider silk into flashlights, you win!

DOH! I’m asleep at the wheel as usual…

Sure you can be added, OP said the competition didn’t start until April 1, didn’t give a deadline for the sign up thread but I assumed it would be March 31. I was going to wait a few more days before I signed up to see if some the the build items I ordered showed up but them saw a post by MRsDNF saying it started in two days so I went ahead and signed up. The MRsDNF post was on the 25th I think.

PCC is already on the listWink

Yeah, I meant that OL called “GO!” and I was like, “What did he say?” :slight_smile:

Did I get someone in trouble. Secretly I may be trying to get the opposition disqualified. H'mm, southland did you start early?

LOL, I wish I was started, probably be wondering where to start a month from now, still trying to get parts together, did post a picture of some parts so my build thread wouldn’t be completely empty, people asking if there are supposed to be pictures and stuff like that.

Jerommel is building mine. I'm not sure how he is going as I have not heard anything from him. I hope though he hasn't started the build yet as I would have to disqualify him and then you would have to build me a light. This light building sure is confusing. Best I have a lie down.

Sign-up is closed? I really wanted to sign up, Thought the deadline would be March 31st. Come on Old Lumens, give us 1 more day to sign up! OP gave no date, so this should be a technicality and make sign-up end on 31st. By the way, can you add me to the list if it's not too late, late? 1 day extension please! Edit: Please put me in Handmade category as allI have is my trusty dremel!

OL. If blfdemigod is in hand made I reckon he should be allowed to enter.

Thanks for the support MRsDNF. I really think I can create a flashlight of the future with my hand-tools! I believe Old Lumens will do the right thing and make deadline the end of March 31st. From me lurking his thousands of posts, I believe he will make this right, as no sign-up deadline was specified in the OP. Plus, I secretly, ok openly admire now, Old Lumens work/mods he does!

blfdemigod You are in.

Score. Be prepared for the best man-made flashlight the world has ever seen. I will revolutionized the entire... blah blah blah.

Just be prepared!

I wish I had the balls to enter this comp. Maybe next year. I’ll be having a very good look at this years entries :expressionless:

Good luck everyone :8) In this case I guess it’s more about the journey so I don’t think there will be many losers :party: