2nd. Annual BLF Scratch Made Light Contest -- Contestant Sign up Thread - CLOSED - Go See the Contest thread now

Woah, a 1 tonne flashlight! That’s gonna be pretty awesome.

Or a one ton flashlight parts maker. Problem is, it's useless without a skilled operator. A skilled contestant would kidnap MRsDNF and the ton o steel. A smart one might just offer beer. Lots of good beer.

Theres no need to kidnap me. The wife will pay you to take the useless being me bugger away. The skilled bit, hmm, well I was skilled at drinking beer amongst other things but no longer. Its going on three weeks without one. I have to try and pay for this weight somehow. I've been in the shed all morning building a gantry and trying to gain mm by mm extra in height to get this thing of. So far no luck.

Its on the floor now. I'm knackered and I dont know where to put it. I dont even know if I will use it in the build whatever it is l'm building as I'll have to learn how to use it. I need help and a new body. Is anyone available?

I’m guessing your going for the “machine Built” catagory ? :slight_smile:

Isn’t that a little big for hand held?

Yes RBD. l'm in hand made. Jerommel is making me a light and sending it to me. Cant wait to see what my entry light looks like. This place is full of wonderful people.

Wow, that baby looks very sweet. Wish I lived near you. It would be an honor you help you get that baby settled into it's new home. Love the work shop you got there.

The workshop is my home along with millions of spiders. Your welcome around anytime as they like visitors as well.

awesome, thanks! Count me in. Tooling is nearly ready, so I’m raring to go :slight_smile:

MRsDNF wrote:The workshop is my home along with millions of spiders. Your welcome around anytime as they like visitors as well

Damn spiders. Just love to hang around while someone else works their butt off. Might I suggest you make one of these, except MRsDNF style. You can zap all those millions of spiders and their billions of eggs. Once you're done getting rid of them, you will be able to quite efficiently run my butt off too (despite me bringing you yummy beers). I didn't realize how mean you were till just now.

EDIT: OK, I've been too embarrassed to ask. What is that big blue machine?

WOAH! That is pimp!
Blue part looks like some sort of Mill or CNC machine. That’s gonna make some pretty fancy hand-mades.

Sign up is closed. Contest is now open. Get going and get some lights made!Tongue Out

If that's a spinning machine to turn spider silk into flashlights, you win!

DOH! I’m asleep at the wheel as usual…

Sure you can be added, OP said the competition didn’t start until April 1, didn’t give a deadline for the sign up thread but I assumed it would be March 31. I was going to wait a few more days before I signed up to see if some the the build items I ordered showed up but them saw a post by MRsDNF saying it started in two days so I went ahead and signed up. The MRsDNF post was on the 25th I think.

PCC is already on the listWink

Yeah, I meant that OL called “GO!” and I was like, “What did he say?” :slight_smile:

Did I get someone in trouble. Secretly I may be trying to get the opposition disqualified. H'mm, southland did you start early?

LOL, I wish I was started, probably be wondering where to start a month from now, still trying to get parts together, did post a picture of some parts so my build thread wouldn’t be completely empty, people asking if there are supposed to be pictures and stuff like that.